[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The Tory party are attempting to break international human rights law. Our government. In the U.K. In the 21st century.

And the morons are up in arms over Linekar quite rightly saying it’s cruel and it’s similar to rhetoric used in 1930’s Germany.

I’ll just repeat that again. Our government is attempting to break international human rights law.

International human rights law.
…yep let them keep coming…plenty of room …no housing…infrastructure ….hospital issues …more the merrier

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The only reference to Nazi, is from people criticising Gary Lineker. He didn’t say the word.
His tweet said language dehumanising people is similar to that used in Germany in the 1930s.

That is criticism of words like invaders, hordes, swarms, exaggerations like billions, and even worse, cockroaches.
But wasn’t Nazi Germany the state for most of the 1930’s

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
…yep let them keep coming…plenty of room …no housing…infrastructure ….hospital issues …more the merrier

The boats are coming for the following reasons:

1. This Conservative government has closed legal migration routes. Not through necessity, but as a political choice.

2. This Conservative government has failed to lead or engage in meaningful international diplomacy that lowers the number of people who feel they need to leave their home country in the first place. We have cut international aid and largely abdicated our responsibilities on the world stage.

I’m happy to hear how this new Conservative plan addresses these issues?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The boats are coming for the following reasons:

1. This Conservative government has closed legal migration routes. Not through necessity, but as a political choice.

2. This Conservative government has failed to lead or engage in meaningful international diplomacy that lowers the number of people who feel they need to leave their home country in the first place. We have cut international aid and largely abdicated our responsibilities on the world stage.

I’m happy to hear how this new Conservative plan addresses these issues?
The boats are coming because we are a soft touch

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

All of which are the Tory’s fault.

As is the failure to get control of our borders and ensure legitimate asylum seekers are given safe passage.

This is a Tory problem. Not a migrant problem.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022

No. Boat crossings were rare when legal migration routes were available. The Conservative Party has exacerbated the problem massively via its current policies.

When migrants arrived through legal channels, we had the ability to measure their claims, grant asylum to those who genuinely needed it, and deport those whose claims were not valid. We have now lost that ability.

We’re all poorer as a result of this stupidity.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
All of which are the Tory’s fault.

As is the failure to get control of our borders and ensure legitimate asylum seekers are given safe passage.

This is a Tory problem. Not a migrant problem.
We aren’t going to agree which is fine…but I’d say a bit of both …I can see from the posts it’s not a popular view but hey ..I think differently ..shrug

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I'd argue that by constantly trying to look "hard" with our increasingly draconian anti-migrant policies and communications, it's having the opposite effect. As others have said, I don't recall mass boat crossings being an issue under Cameron (a Tory, by the way to things were working alright back then) but became a huge problem after the May government.

If only there were some event that we could point to that drove a massive anti-migrant, hostile environment ideology and ramp-up in immigration policy changes...

1678449353377.png

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Lol….as if you would take any notice 😂😂😂

The bias against anything Tory clouds a lot in my view and I’m not a supporter
I thought not. Sorry Lamie but you’ve embarrassed yourself there. But don’t worry. I had no expectation that you could back up your claims.

Believe me, if any party came up with some of these Tory policies, I’d be very critical of them too. More so as I’d expect better.

I think your dislike of immigrants clouds your judgement. Or maybe it’s your unwillingness to have a look at the facts and your haste to take the anti-immigration rhetoric as true.

For someone who claims not to support the Tory’s, you sure do spend a lot of time defending their policies.

But fine, we’ll try it your way. Let’s see if

A) this latest scheme is even legal

B) it achieves the desired results

I’ll be over here on the edge of my seat.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'd argue that by constantly trying to look "hard" with our increasingly draconian anti-migrant policies and communications, it's having the opposite effect. As others have said, I don't recall mass boat crossings being an issue under Cameron (a Tory, by the way to things were working alright back then) but became a huge problem after the May government.

If only there were some event that we could point to that drove a massive anti-migrant, hostile environment ideology and ramp-up in immigration policy changes...

View attachment 158126
Oh that event….nuff said…good graph..personally think its more than just that …but back to the Albion sub forum as ive broken my rule to not talk about these things unless i can see the whites of peoples eyes over a coffee

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Oh that event….nuff said…good graph..personally think its more than just that …but back to the Albion sub forum as ive broken my rule to not talk about these things unless i can see the whites of peoples eyes over a coffee

😂
Off with his tail between his legs.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I thought not. Sorry Lamie but you’ve embarrassed yourself there. But don’t worry. I had no expectation that you could back up your claims.

Believe me, if any party came up with some of these Tory policies, I’d be very critical of them too. More so as I’d expect better.

I think your dislike of immigrants clouds your judgement. Or maybe it’s your unwillingness to have a look at the facts and your haste to take the anti-immigration rhetoric as true.

For someone who claims not to support the Tory’s, you sure do spend a lot of time defending their policies.

A) this latest scheme is even legsl

Lol….sorry Clampie but u know whatever arguments i come up with they wont change your mind….but i really must get back to work..I’ll leave you to all your like minded peeps

oh and dont worry the latest ’scheme’ is being challenged by all those neutral (haha) cival servants ….

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Lol….sorry Clampie but u know whatever arguments i come up with they wont change your mind….but i really must get back to work..I’ll leave you to all your like minded peeps

oh and dont worry the latest ’scheme’ is being challenged by all those neutral (haha) cival servants ….
Sure 😂

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022

A) this latest scheme is even legal

I always seem to come back to the same question- then get shouted down for apparently being a conservative.

If it is so clearly, as you and many others say, a problem caused by a conservative government (even to the point bizarrely where the reason these people are leaving their horrific living conditions in their home countries is somehow the fault of the British government)

What is the Labour Party’s proposed policy to tackle this issue?
One thing is certain in my view the solution will not be easy

In order to become Prime Minister he must show he has a strategy soon on this and ALL the problems facing our country. General Election 14 months away? It is not enough to simply keep chanting “you don’t know what you’re doing”

I worry that if Sir Keir continues to sit on his hands policy wise, his lead in the polls will gradually diminish and the Election will be a sprint finish

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports