Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Dear oh dear oh dear.

Clueless Liz now fairly likely to be voted into the PM job.

2 years of the continuity clown and then an election.

Sunak would be slightly better but less likely to get the gig.

Anyway, whoever it is would be wise to go for an early election and bank the new leader bounce.

Best not make Gordon Brown's mistake and bottle it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No problem. I guess I thought with the departure of Boris a new era of mature political debate might break out. I guess the truth is that Emily and your good self just love the new era of Trumpian politics too much.

Come on, [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] was defending you earlier, you're better than that surely!? :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well in Brighton & Hove the members are certainly not made up of lots of little old dears or right wing loonies.
I would say that our membership is actually well educated, middle class & a broad spread of society.
As to whom will receive my vote - it is still up for grabs. Probably the candidate that will best keep Labour away from 10 Downing St for another 4 years

The only members of Brighton and Hove Tory Party I know is T1mmy and the self-proclaimed richest poster on NSC……are you sure about the loonies?

Edit: if you type T1mmy correctly it comes up as Knob Jockey :lolol:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Woah woah woah, I thought such concepts were the very antithesis of democracy and once a vote has been made it is FOREVER LOCKED IN NO BACKSIES?

Blimey, I know the always ultras like to be known as a bit radical but that's a fukken mouthful of a new chant.

>Moderator edit<

Last edited by a moderator:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Well in Brighton & Hove the members are certainly not made up of lots of little old dears or right wing loonies.
I would say that our membership is actually well educated, middle class & a broad spread of society.
As to whom will receive my vote - it is still up for grabs. Probably the candidate that will best keep Labour away from 10 Downing St for another 4 years

Well educated? Where did that “whom” come from, then? It’s the subject of “will”.

PS - tongue in cheek…….

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
There is more 'democracy' now than there ever was. Alec Douglas Home was 'appointed'. I have no problem with the blue rinse 130K calling the shots. That's their way. And in a few years the rest of us will get to vote out whoever gets the gig. That's our system :shrug:

Whether it should be changed is a different matter. I have no sense of any concensus on this.

:thumbsup:

Our political system is out dated first past the post gives us more often than not terrible government’s with this current one the worst I have seen with the worst PM possibly in the history of the UK Boris was uselessI am no expert but I could see he was not up to the job and wrote to my MP Tim Loughton pleading with him not to vote for him pointing out his lies the fact he had been sacked from every job, I was instead urging him to supper Rory Stewart, Tim wrote back defending Boris dismissing my concerns out of hand before it was put to the blue rinse brigade who ultimately choose Boris and it’s all the same people

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Indeed. Exactly the sort of people who’d drop a candidate for telling shit Islamophobic jokes on Facebook. Good on ‘em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Blimey, I know the always ultras like to be known as a bit radical but that's a fukken mouthful of a new chant.

>Moderator edit<.

That’s a horrible expression and no need for it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

>Moderator edit <.

May well be an Alan Patridge quote, but taken in the context of the episode it highlights the character of Patridge as the out of touch offensive bigot he is.

Taken out of context on here, it's simply the words of an out of touch offensive bigot.

I'm sure you didn't mean it like that, but if you edit your post I'll happily edit mine.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
May well be an Alan Patridge quote, but taken in the context of the episode it highlights the character of Patridge as the out of touch offensive bigot he is.

Taken out of context on here, it's simply the words of an out of touch offensive bigot.

I'm sure you didn't mean it like that, but if you edit your post I'll happily edit mine.

I'm not going to edit. The context is someone frightened of what might happen.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Perhaps they don't consider themselves as " BAME's" but as individuals capable of making their own decisions .

That doesn’t make sense … you can’t be ‘not black’ if you are black in the same way I can’t be ‘not white’.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Our political system is out dated first past the post gives us more often than not terrible government’s with this current one the worst I have seen with the worst PM possibly in the history of the UK Boris was uselessI am no expert but I could see he was not up to the job and wrote to my MP Tim Loughton pleading with him not to vote for him pointing out his lies the fact he had been sacked from every job, I was instead urging him to supper Rory Stewart, Tim wrote back defending Boris dismissing my concerns out of hand before it was put to the blue rinse brigade who ultimately choose Boris and it’s all the same people

Loughton was on Iain Dale's cross question on LBC tonight, he has no shame with regard to Johnson. Get rid at first opportunity

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I thought they had to get rid of Theresa May cos she was a remainer?

[tweet]1549835272392769536[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here