Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Both Truss and Sunak were prominent members of team Johnson; they should acknowledge their full part in the debacle that was the Convict's mercifully brief Premiership.

Whichever one of them does that will begin the process of 'turning the page' on the mendacity and incompetence of the past 3 years.......

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Pictures of tea being poured, someone's pallour not having been coloured in, someone being called nasty, it's clearly a time for some of a certain political persuasion to get offended.

These days if you say you're English, they throw you in jail. Indeed they do.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If only I thought you actually meant it!

I can only apologise, I can’t control your feelings about my apology.

I do apologise and I’ll refrain from personal remarks about people’s appearance in the future.

Let’s move forward.

So now our future will be decided by the 130,000 blue rinse membership and make no mistake the membership is mostly made up by little old dears the rest are foaming at the mouth right wing loonies, our political system is as broken as a skateboard with no wheels no board no bearing and no hubs

Well in Brighton & Hove the members are certainly not made up of lots of little old dears or right wing loonies.
I would say that our membership is actually well educated, middle class & a broad spread of society.
As to whom will receive my vote - it is still up for grabs. Probably the candidate that will best keep Labour away from 10 Downing St for another 4 years

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I can only apologise, I can’t control your feelings about my apology.

I do apologise and I’ll refrain from personal remarks about people’s appearance in the future.

Let’s move forward.

That’s fine … it’s just that you started your apology questioning if you’d said anything wrong.

Apology accepted …

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
As [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] pointed out, this is definitely one in the eye for those who consider tories to be biased towards flabby white men in suits.

It will be genuinely intriguing to see which of these two candidates they dislike the least.

No wonder Johnson seemed so chipper today. Positively gleeful, I thought [emoji38]ol:
This is genuinely a vote to find the "Least Worst " candidate.. I think Rishi could do the job ....if he employs the best advisors he can get....and listens ! Truss is a potential/probable disaster and I would not be surprised if Johnson will back her simply because it will make his previous " Leadership " look good by comparison.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I'm surprised more hasn't been made of Johnson's parting words: "Hasta la vista, baby".

No doubt those words would've received cross party support given a straight choice between that and 'I'll be back'.

Regardless, he's been effectively terminated.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Well in Brighton & Hove the members are certainly not made up of lots of little old dears or right wing loonies.
I would say that our membership is actually well educated, middle class & a broad spread of society.

And do the Britain First lot tend to stand out or generally blend in so you don’t notice them?

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
What a load of bull, we've been ripping politicians to bits about their appearance since as far back as I can remember. It's a coping mechanism for putting up with this lot. Spitting Image wouldn't be a thing if we didn't need it. Boris has always been mocked for his lumbering posture and scruffy hair and John Major was always commented on for being eternally grey. How about the Maybot? Or all the caricatures of Gordon Brown as some cranky hunchback and Cameron as a condom? The haunted pencil comment is spot on, as are the comparisons of Gove with Pob. Are we at least allowed to make fun of truss for her thatcher cosplay?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
No problem. I guess I thought with the departure of Boris a new era of mature political debate might break out.

In all honesty, it's almost impossible to do that, given the incredibly poor standard of the candidates on offer. It's like trying to debate whether a rock or a hard place is preferable - meaningless, really.
The time for (hopefully) sensible discussions will come when the next GE is announced - as for now? Nope, they're all up for ridicule (and deservedly so) for the next couple of years.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
As to whom will receive my vote - it is still up for grabs. Probably the candidate that will best keep Labour away from 10 Downing St for another 4 years

Oh well, more of the same for you then.......

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017

That was Tom Tugendhat, and being basically decent, if in need of a little more media training, he was knocked out early.

We now seem destined for a coin toss between a man who served as our Chancellor while holding a Green Card, which insists that the holder’s allegiance be pledged to the United States of America, and (as somebody else brilliantly posted on here earlier) cosplay Thatcher, who clearly believes that if she dresses as Thatcher, and learns to speak like Thatcher, she will in fact become Thatcher.

Both of them backed Boris up to the hilt while he lied repeatedly to the country, until they felt they might have a shot at the top job themselves, when they plunged their knives up to the hilt in his back.

If the votes fall as I’m expecting them to, you don’t have an untainted candidate available to you, the parliamentary party have blown it in advance of you getting a vote.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
That was Tom Tugendhat, and being basically decent, if in need of a little more media training, he was knocked out early.

We now seem destined for a coin toss between a man who served as our Chancellor while holding a Green Card, which insists that the holder’s allegiance be pledged to the United States of America, and (as somebody else brilliantly posted on here earlier) cosplay Thatcher, who clearly believes that if she dresses as Thatcher, and learns to speak like Thatcher, she will in fact become Thatcher.

Both of them backed Boris up to the hilt while he lied repeatedly to the country, until they felt they might have a shot at the top job themselves, when they plunged their knives up to the hilt in his back.

If the votes fall as I’m expecting them to, you don’t have an untainted candidate available to you, the parliamentary party have blown it in advance of you getting a vote.

Wasted comment I'm afraid.... there's none so blind as those who don't want to see.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

Are you that much in love with the Conservatives that you wouldn't countenance a change? Despite the recent shit-show and the obvious failings over the last few terms?
What in God's name hold do they have over you, that you want to see them elected again?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here