Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Johnson could turn-up at a Tory voter's home, viciously assault their family members and then burn the house down, and they'd still vote for him while insisting "Better than the other lot" or "Yeah, but they all do it".

The Right sneer at Lefties for their 'cult of Corbyn', but the Right-wingers I encounter daily, on social media and in real life, are just as blind or blinkered in their slavish adoration of Johnson (or Farage).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That's unfair. As someone pointed out earlier, there are many people - in all parties - who are good, decent servants of the public. The problem for the Tories is that Johnson chucked many of these out and selected those in his own image. Fortunately, there are still some decent Conservatives left and those are the ones who should be thinking deeply about the future of the country,

Dominic Grieve and Kenneth Clarke warned people about Johnson.

Clips were shown of Johnson arranging to have a fellow journalist beaten up (just enough to sustain rugby type injuries). His old boss warned of his persistent lying and sacking him.
The public didn’t care. It’s Trumpian.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
you can have someone decent, or a politician, not both as one!

I am sorry but this simply shows no understanding of the situation whatsoever.

Yes, there have always been dodgy politicians, but always outweighed by the honest hardworking ones, and this goes for every party.

What we have never seen before is such a small group of corrupt individuals take over power in any political party and then take over power in the country. We were warned, so it really shouldn't be a surprise :shrug:

*edit*

As highlighted above, Grieve, Clarke, Heseltine, Stewart, Major, Cameron all gave warnings, so it was hardly left wing propaganda

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Guaranteed nothing comes of this.

Absolutely nothing.

There'll be outrage for a few days and then we'll be onto the next final nail in the coffin. And then the next until the coffin no longer resembles a coffin but an unsightly lump of nails. That Johnson is stood next to, pointing and laughing.

This. No.10 just keeps repeating the mantra "There was no Christmas party. Covid rules have been followed at all times." It's the same contempt BJ shows as when he repeatedly fails to answer questions at PMQ. He knows he can get away with just about anything. Always has done, always will

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This question about whether the police should investigate the party - they were already THERE on the night, standing guard outside the front door, probably watching the revellers come in, go out and be poured into taxis. What is THAT about?!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
DAME Dicks. She’s probably hoping for a seat in the House of Lords, along with the other 200 Johnson has sold peerages to.
There are now over 800 in the second chamber.

There is no way I'd call her a Dame in the same way that I wouldn't call Philip Green a Sir.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Dominic Grieve and Kenneth Clarke warned people about Johnson.

Clips were shown of Johnson arranging to have a fellow journalist beaten up (just enough to sustain rugby type injuries). His old boss warned of his persistent lying and sacking him.
The public didn’t care. It’s Trumpian.

What I find saddest of all is how much Johnson is loved by the English working-class - people who sneer at Labour, the Lib Dems and the Greens for being 'too middle class", but who are convinced that an old Etonian (£43,000 fees per year) is a 'man of the people' on the side of the workers against the Establishment.

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sure I am wrong but turn all this off when it comes on. More interested about dealing with covid and getting economy back on track

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
That Allegra Stratton is a bit vile isn’t she ?

[tweet]1468296378694651914[/tweet]

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If Johnson was a normal “pleb”, without his elite background, with the chaotic way he’s run his life he’d be on the streets or on benefits by now. Fathering numerous illegitimate children, having to leave jobs because of lying, taking everyone for granted, lying and allegedly breaking laws.
If you or I did that without the old boys network and millions in taxpayers money to prop us up, we’d be left out in the cold to fend for ourselves.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Actually, the latest poll (by Survation, published yesterday) has Labour three points ahead - the biggest lead they've had since Johnson became PM.

I'm talking about recent polls - the only one we've had since the party story broke was Savanta's - which showed a 1% increase in the Tory vote. The last Survation poll did show a 3% lead for Labour - but it's polling that was carried out 30 Nov/1 Dec, before the party story broke

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Dom knows.

[tweet]1468508942141689859[/tweet]

Although he is complicit in enabling this whole government you have to admire the shithousery now he’s cast out

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What I find saddest of all is how much Johnson is loved by the English working-class - people who sneer at Labour, the Lib Dems and the Greens for being 'too middle class", but who are convinced that an old Etonian (£43,000 fees per year) is a 'man of the people' on the side of the workers against the Establishment.

because those people dont look at CVs, think he listens to them and he says a few things they want to hear. the ones they sneer at tell them what to do and how, which just aint so popular.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Working classes buy The Daily Mail in their droves, especially working class pensioners. As I’ve said on here before, I’ve never understood why there isn’t a left equivalent to eat into that market, the closest thing the left wing red tops, but they aren’t masquerading as a credible paper, unlike the Mail.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Dom knows.

[tweet]1468508942141689859[/tweet]

Although he is complicit in enabling this whole government you have to admire the shithousery now he’s cast out
There are reasons why BJ was so reluctant to let him go....

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Johnson could turn-up at a Tory voter's home, viciously assault their family members and then burn the house down, and they'd still vote for him while insisting "Better than the other lot" or "Yeah, but they all do it".

The Right sneer at Lefties for their 'cult of Corbyn', but the Right-wingers I encounter daily, on social media and in real life, are just as blind or blinkered in their slavish adoration of Johnson (or Farage).

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Daily mail today..

67e36269bcb1708dcb96a0016063cefd.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The most insidious thing about all this, is whilst the public are appalled at the sneering, lying and laughter, the law & order bill is sneaking through Parliament where one protestor can be put in prison for up to a year, for demonstrating.
There would be no protests like we did for the Albion, or seafront marches etc. It will all become illegal.
Some of them want to dismantle the Human Rights Act.

Slowly, a coup is taking place.

It’s all a masquerade. Johnson travels to Liverpool, dresses up as a policeman (what’s that all about?) in a dawn ‘raid’ shouting getting tough on drugs.
Despite the ‘raid’, Merseyside police confirmed nobody got arrested.
In the meantime, cocaine traces were found in 12 different locations in the Commons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here