Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
You seem to have replied to the wrong post, because it was [MENTION=442]The Oldman[/MENTION] who claimed "he (Boris) does seem to be doing rather well in organising the West against the Putin murderer"

I see you're saying that's not true. Six of the best for the originator of this false idea?

Sorry mate, but my reply is clearly to the HWT quote.

Surely he can respond by himself?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sorry mate, but my reply is clearly to the HWT quote.

Surely he can respond by himself?

He's free to post whatever he wants, whenever he wants.

I'm just stating the fact that it wasn't him who claimed that Boris was organising (the whole) West and doing a damn fine job. Tories aren't fond of facts though, so I get why your hand's up.

Do you think The Whole West would trust a guy who doesn't want to be in their Europe gang, lies every time his lips move and can't comb his hair or tie his shoes in charge of a war?

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I hate to say it as I cannot stand the man but he does seem to be doing rather well in organising the West against the Putin murderer. The war with Russia is the biggest issue facing the world at the moment. Suppose if Boris goes now then his successor would do the same but this war seems to suit Boris unlike anything else.

He's doing well at photo opportunities in Ukraine when he needs something to distract us from things over here. His successor would do the same thing, but hopefully without using it for a distraction technique. He's doing what most other leaders of governments are doing but we don't hear so much about what the others are doing.
I'm just pleased that Liz Truss doesn't seem to have had the opportunity to open her gob and start WW3 for a while. The whole cabinet is a liability for the UK in one way or another.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I'm just stating the fact that it wasn't him who claimed that Boris was organising (the whole) West and doing a damn fine job. Tories aren't fond of facts though, so I get why your hand's up.

Do you think The Whole West would trust a guy who doesn't want to be in their Europe gang, lies every time his lips move and can't comb his hair or tie his shoes in charge of a war?

Really….blimey that’s some rope you’ve given him :moo:

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
I would never vote for BJ. All I am suggesting is that this may not be the right time for Tory MP’s to ditch him. I just suggest that at this critical moment for Western democracy now is not the time to rock the boat. I just wish we had never had this awful Tory government..

The French managed to have a presidential election while the war continued. I really don’t think changing one leader or another has that much impact.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Don't forget that in the Second World War, which the UK was actually fighting, the government changed PM, bringing in Churchill (who Johnson likes to think he's the reincarnation of). Given that, don't see why the PM can't be changed now, particularly when he's a liability and has been found out.
That said, I'd like him to stay, because it will drag down and extend the electorate's view of the Tories and, the longer they're out, the better.

We also got rid of Thatcher during the first Iraq war!

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I would never vote for BJ. All I am suggesting is that this may not be the right time for Tory MP’s to ditch him. I just suggest that at this critical moment for Western democracy now is not the time to rock the boat. I just wish we had never had this awful Tory government..

Pretty certain that Johnson isn't the only politician that would support Ukraine, from either side of the house. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me that Johnson is using Ukraine as a smoke screen for his own failings.

Anyway, it's being reported that more MPs are submitting letters to Sir Graham Brady. It was reported on the radio that, despite the understanding of a year's grace following one vote of confidence, when it came to May, apparently Brady told her in private that he had more letters than he did at the time of the previous vote of confidence six months previously and that if there was another vote, she would lose and that he would change the rules. This prompted her to step aside gracefully rather than face the ignominy of losing a vote. Would love to be a fly on the wall if Brady has to have the same conversation with Johnson!!

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
What in particular has he organised and how has it impressed you? How do you think things would have been different had Boris Johnson not been “involved”

The fact that Ukraine is praising BJ and that he is constantly urging other Western leaders To do more to support Ukraine Others say they will but progress seems slow. As I said I cannot stand BJ but do wonder if now is the right time to ditch him. Cynically it may be that BJ sees this as his Churchill moment but I do think he is the one who gets that Putin like Hitler has to be defeated.whilst others talk of appeasement

This is such an odd argument, that serial liar, half arsed, incompetent, Boris Johnson is the only man that can stand up to Putin.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I wouldn't object to him being in charge of a war ............. for the other side !

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The nasty party at it again. Brexit has allowed/forced Tory’s to seek some pretty disgusting deals with some pretty disgusting regimes.

“Ministers have been accused of pushing for post-Brexit trade deals with more than a dozen countries around the world that do not guarantee workers’ rights or systematically violate employee protections”.

The TUC said that “a government that readily agrees deals with countries that abuse rights abroad is one that won’t stick up for rights at home either”. It called on ministers to stop attacking fundamental trade union rights and to make good on its promises to improve workplace protections.

“The government had promised 18 months ago that union representatives would have a place on powerful post-Brexit trade advisory groups – panels set up to be consulted on the text of trade negotiations – but had so far failed to confirm any appointments. Currently only businesses have seats on the groups”.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...s-rights-warning-over-post-brexit-trade-deals

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Pretty certain that Johnson isn't the only politician that would support Ukraine, from either side of the house. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me that Johnson is using Ukraine as a smoke screen for his own failings.

Anyway, it's being reported that more MPs are submitting letters to Sir Graham Brady. It was reported on the radio that, despite the understanding of a year's grace following one vote of confidence, when it came to May, apparently Brady told her in private that he had more letters than he did at the time of the previous vote of confidence six months previously and that if there was another vote, she would lose and that he would change the rules. This prompted her to step aside gracefully rather than face the ignominy of losing a vote. Would love to be a fly on the wall if Brady has to have the same conversation with Johnson!!

Of course.

I can't fault Johnson over Ukraine. He has the right policy because of the wrong reason.

His reason ( guess, but obvious ) : keep the conflict going because "you can't change Prime Minister with a war in Europe going on".

Get him gone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here