Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
you remember the big fuss about EU not getting the AZ drug and wanting the supplies going to UK? thats because we didnt make procurement through the EU as said in his first point. thats the foundation of the (false) claim we did better because of brexit, because we could procure independently. he misrepresents the clotting issue, which was a change of recommendation due to the probabilities (because covid at time was so low risk in under 30's the tiny % risk from clotting was higher). and goes on to ignore the supply chain probelms with just about all vaccines though 2020. more on all will be in the vaccine thread as they were all talked about at the time. just wierd some need to make up false stories there are plenty of other failings to poke at.

The boast the government keeps making is that we were ahead because of Brexit. Any country was free to get their own vaccines, like us and Hungary, but most waited to do it collectively.
We didn’t leave the EU until 31st December 2020.
It’s called bending the truth.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I hate to say it as I cannot stand the man but he does seem to be doing rather well in organising the West against the Putin murderer. The war with Russia is the biggest issue facing the world at the moment. Suppose if Boris goes now then his successor would do the same but this war seems to suit Boris unlike anything else.

What in particular has he organised and how has it impressed you? How do you think things would have been different had Boris Johnson not been “involved”?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What in particular has he organised and how has it impressed you? How do you think things would have been different had Boris Johnson not been “involved”?
He's been brilliant
at getting photo opportunities with Zelensky...he always turns up on his own though? Other Western leaders tend to visit in twos and threes for some reason ?

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
What in particular has he organised and how has it impressed you? How do you think things would have been different had Boris Johnson not been “involved”

The fact that Ukraine is praising BJ and that he is constantly urging other Western leaders To do more to support Ukraine Others say they will but progress seems slow. As I said I cannot stand BJ but do wonder if now is the right time to ditch him. Cynically it may be that BJ sees this as his Churchill moment but I do think he is the one who gets that Putin like Hitler has to be defeated.whilst others talk of appeasement

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He's been brilliant
at getting photo opportunities with Zelensky...he always turns up on his own though? Other Western leaders tend to visit in twos and threes for some reason ?

Quite.

Boris Johnson ; the leading light in “General Appearance”.

Nothing he attempts holds up to scrutiny. Boils down to him saying “support Ukraine”, making a call when he needs a distraction, and as you say, turning up solo when all the work by other leaders has been done and they’ve gone home.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What in particular has he organised and how has it impressed you? How do you think things would have been different had Boris Johnson not been “involved”

The fact that Ukraine is praising BJ and that he is constantly urging other Western leaders To do more to support Ukraine Others say they will but progress seems slow. As I said I cannot stand BJ but do wonder if now is the right time to ditch him. Cynically it may be that BJ sees this as his Churchill moment but I do think he is the one who gets that Putin like Hitler has to be defeated.whilst others talk of appeasement

With respect, I think you are greatly mistaken. And again, with respect, I hope there aren’t too many in the electorate who think the way you do.

Believe me, if Johnson wasn’t on the ropes domestically, he wouldn’t give two hoots about Ukraine.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
With respect, I think you are greatly mistaken. And again, with respect, I hope there aren’t too many in the electorate who think the way you do.

Believe me, if Johnson wasn’t on the ropes domestically, he wouldn’t give two hoots about Ukraine.

I would never vote for BJ. All I am suggesting is that this may not be the right time for Tory MP’s to ditch him. I just suggest that at this critical moment for Western democracy now is not the time to rock the boat. I just wish we had never had this awful Tory government..

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I would never vote for BJ. All I am suggesting is that this may not be the right time for Tory MP’s to ditch him. I just suggest that at this critical moment for Western democracy now is not the time to rock the boat. I just wish we had never had this awful Tory government..

Any time is the right time to get rid of Boris Johnson. His leaving office would have zero detrimental effect on the fate of Ukraine

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Western democracy and Boris Johnson …. In the same paragraph ……?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Thank goodness for that :wink:

I just read this through thread and thought you had gone full swivel eyed with our Johnson acolytes [MENTION=35196]Is it PotG?[/MENTION] and [MENTION=599]beorhthelm[/MENTION]. I can now sleep easy tonight :bigwave:

And why can't anybody sort out broken quotes FFS :rant:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The best thing we could do for Western democracy is get rid of Johnson.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I hate to say it as I cannot stand the man but he does seem to be doing rather well in organising the West against the Putin murderer. The war with Russia is the biggest issue facing the world at the moment. Suppose if Boris goes now then his successor would do the same but this war seems to suit Boris unlike anything else.

He has all the appearance of an organiser, but what has he achieved? Last time I looked Putin was still in charge, still in Ukraine and still killing civilians.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Don't forget that in the Second World War, which the UK was actually fighting, the government changed PM, bringing in Churchill (who Johnson likes to think he's the reincarnation of). Given that, don't see why the PM can't be changed now, particularly when he's a liability and has been found out.
That said, I'd like him to stay, because it will drag down and extend the electorate's view of the Tories and, the longer they're out, the better.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
He has all the appearance of an organiser, but what has he achieved? Last time I looked Putin was still in charge, still in Ukraine and still killing civilians.

Wonderful stuff.

Now BJ has control over the UN, NATO and more importantly, the US of A .

A tad desperate there, could do better.

See me after classes.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wonderful stuff.

Now BJ has control over the UN, NATO and more importantly, the US of A .

A tad desperate there, could do better.

See me after classes.

You seem to have replied to the wrong post, because it was [MENTION=442]The Oldman[/MENTION] who claimed "he (Boris) does seem to be doing rather well in organising the West against the Putin murderer"

I see you're saying that's not true. Six of the best for the originator of this false idea?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here