Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
:lolol:

I also understand that if we were still in the EU we could have legally deported these refugees to France, is that correct?

This is literally like living in an episode of The Thick of It!

It really isn't a laughing matter. But - yes, I laughed when I read this.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Immigrants are reportedly terrified of being transported to a third world country with a corrupt government and an uncertain future in a country that is not economically viable...

I don't need to finish that one, do I?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
One of the passengers who was taken off, is a 19 yr old Afghan whose whole family is already here in Britain.

Realistically to never see his family again. There is no route back to the UK from Rwanda once there.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Home secretary Priti Patel said she was disappointed the flight to Rwanda was not able to leave but would not be “deterred from doing the right thing”.

She added: “Our legal team are reviewing every decision made on this flight and preparation for the next flight begins now.”

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
It really isn't a laughing matter. But - yes, I laughed when I read this.

You're of course correct, there are real people being very much affected by this shitehousery. The amount of stress, turmoil and uncertainty must be massive, important to remember that.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
You're of course correct, there are real people being very much affected by this shitehousery. The amount of stress, turmoil and uncertainty must be massive, important to remember that.

Yes - wasn't a dig at you, more of a feeling that I was letting myself down - but couldn't help it!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Home secretary Priti Patel said she was disappointed the flight to Rwanda was not able to leave but would not be “deterred from doing the right thing”.

She added: “Our legal team are reviewing every decision made on this flight and preparation for the next flight begins now.”

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Erm, what point doesn’t she get, there WASN’T a flight - her government’s plans have been found out for what they are!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
:lolol:

I also understand that if we were still in the EU we could have legally deported these refugees to France, is that correct?

This is literally like living in an episode of The Thick of It!

That is (mostly) true - but we could still apply to be part of the Dublin Agreement - Norway and Switzerland are part of it, even though not in the EU. However, the government doesn’t want to look at sensible solutions like that, because they need to keep up the war on immigration….it is their only way of winning the next election.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
One of the passengers who was taken off, is a 19 yr old Afghan whose whole family is already here in Britain.
I read on the BBC that one of the original 37 was an Iranian police commander who fled the country after he refused to shoot protestors during anti-government demonstrations.

It's astounding. Let's ignore for one moment how unempathetic and ignorant you'd have to be to set up this scheme, as we all know Patel has less morality than Lord Voldemort.

The amazing thing is the sheer ineptitude. Of all the asylum seekers they could've chosen, for their flagship first flight you would've thought they'd have been able to find just 37 who had no connections here, didn't really have a traumatic back story and were just chancers looking for a handout - after all, we're led to believe the majority of them are just that. You'd do your homework to make sure there was as little chance possible of there being any legal objections for these individuals. Surely.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I read on the BBC that one of the original 37 was an Iranian police commander who fled the country after he refused to shoot protestors during anti-government demonstrations.

It's astounding. Let's ignore for one moment how unempathetic and ignorant you'd have to be to set up this scheme, as we all know Patel has less morality than Lord Voldemort.

The amazing thing is the sheer ineptitude. Of all the asylum seekers they could've chosen, for their flagship first flight you would've thought they'd have been able to find just 37 who had no connections here, didn't really have a traumatic back story and were just chancers looking for a handout - after all, we're led to believe the majority of them are just that. You'd do your homework to make sure there was as little chance possible of there being any legal objections for these individuals. Surely.

I think the current vernacular is - nah!

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

There are two, no three, possibilities:

a) she is indeed inept, and didn't countenance the possibility that her scheme could fail so spectacularly
b) there was a worrying absence of chancers in the migrant group
c) both of the above

My money's on c).

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If you put the politics and ideology to one side, it's the complete ineptitude to fulfil a promise.

They've only got away with it so far by blaming others.

Solicitors can't block anything. They can only point out to judges and juries where a law has potentially been broken.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What exactly is 'Brexit done well' then?

Staying outside the EU and inside the EEA.

The EEA is a trade zone. Gove said we'd be part of it. Hannon said no one was even talking about leaving it.

As an aside don't fall for the big "rule takers" lie.

A handy guide :

[Tweet]1087742241383350272[/Tweet]

And :

[Tweet]1073867169723756544[/Tweet]

[Tweet]1184964367621742592[/Tweet]

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If you put the politics and ideology to one side, it's the complete ineptitude to fulfil a promise.

They've only got away with it so far by blaming others.

Solicitors can't block anything. They can only point out to judges and juries where a law has potentially been broken.

Yep. Once again the government broke the law. Once again, they got caught.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You gotta love potg. He is on a one-man crusade to get get us all believe that Borris is doing good and Sir Kier is the bad one.. [emoji3]

He is not even trying to be a wum, its what he actually believes. Each to their own I suppose.
I'm convinced potg is one of the Johnny "4 accounts" Genius quartet.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I know some are older, but I lived through Thatcher and everything that came after.

As you get older you see both the negatives and positives of every regime, often clearing up the mess from the one before and invariably getting into a mess themselves.

Even those in the 80s who hated Thatcher accepted she was taking the country "forward", they simply disagreed what her vision of the future looked liked. This lot are dragging the country into the dark ages.

They unashamedly appeal to hatred, prejudice and division with a populist tax payer funded cheque book to divert attention. This is the first of all those Governments I have known that I can only describe as vile and I don't use that word lightly.

Labour were severely tainted and damaged by Corbyn, but Brexit has completely re-invented the Conservative party. In attempting to win back the far-right populist vote they've become them.

No idea where they go from here, there isn't any "nasty" votes left to absorb.

Tommy Robinson backs them, that's all you need to know. It's probably going to take an election (and a decade in opposition) for the party to correct itself for the sake of democracy.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here