Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I think it’s unimportant which way people voted but important that the result was implemented. I think you know the dishonesty inStarners actions after the vote. A man who doesn’t believe In implementing election results has a natural home inthe European commission but as with everyone with totalitarian tendencies shouldn’t be allowed near power. He has in my view zero chance at the next election but that won’t sell polls or newspapers.
You getting paid by Boris to throw sh1t at Sir Kier?

My god open your eyes.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don't think [MENTION=15922]Working class pride[/MENTION] is on this thread to school us - he's simply on a fake news mission to encourge the uncommitteed into believing what he wants.

Remember all that 'baa baa black sjeep' nonsense in the 80s? Keep repeating the lie and eventually people will believe it, starting with the most foolish.

I shall now put the 'working class' traitor on ignore.

An account that hasn't posted for over 5 years suddenly springs into life today ?

Now, call me an old cynic, but I wonder who's been stopped from posting, or seriously embarrassed themselves on other accounts recently :lolol:

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
An account that hasn't posted for over 5 years suddenly springs into life today ?

Now, call me an old cynic, but I wonder who's been stopped from posting, or seriously embarrassed themselves on other accounts recently [emoji38]ol:
Johnny "4 accounts" ? ???

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I can't believe that the old tosh about implementing the will of the people is still being trotted out. It was clear all along that the problem with 'getting Brexit done' was that it wasn't actually possible to both have no border in Ireland as required by the Good Friday agreement and also have a border between Britain and the EU. The Republicans wouldn't stand for one on land, the Loyalists wouldn't stand for one in the sea, but there had to be one for Brexit to happen. In the end Johnson made up some rubbish that he knew wouldn't work and planned to renege on it as soon as it was possible. The Northern Irish on all sides were sold out and the situation there is as bad as it has been for decades. Other politicians whether for, or against Brexit, were actually concerned about maintaining a fragile peace there. Johnson, as with everything else in his career, was happy to lie and bluff if it gave him personal advantage. Hang the consequences. Its not him that will suffer.

Labour seem to say they are liberal, whilst then in the breath say they believe in equality. Anyone with half a brain knows that you cant be both a liberal, believing in freedom, whilst trying to impose equal on all individuals. The two things are diametrically opposed by definition.

That is a fundamental misunderstanding. The term 'liberal' doesn't mean 'believing in freedom', you may be thinking of 'libertarian'. In political terms, 'liberal', as defined by the Cambridge Dictionary, means:

"Believing in or allowing a lot of personal freedom, and believing that society should change gradually so that money, property, and power are shared more fairly", or in other words, believing in balancing personal freedoms with the pursuit for equality.

Before suggesting that terms are 'diametrically opposed by definition' it would be useful to actually look up and understand the definitions of those terms, rather than just assuming that they mean what you want them to mean, or listening to unqualified internet fools (Dave Rubin for instance) who bandy the term 'liberal' about without understanding it.

The polls predicted Remain would win, May would trounce Corbyn and the last election would be close. The polls seem about as good at forecasts as the Bank of England on leaving the EU and the Lawro's premier league predictions. Boris I think (but could be wrong) will win the next election at a canter because labour has a leader who didnt / doesn't believe in implementing election results (EU referendum) which makes him dishonest, untrustworthy, plus tainted with totalitarian tendency. This a far greater crime than having a drink at his work with people in his bubble, when trying to sort out all sorts during lockdown when they step back and think about it. I sometimes think labour only want to be a party of protest without any desire to govern. Just what they believe in is hard to pin down. Labour seem to say they are liberal, whilst then in the breath say they believe in equality. Anyone with half a brain knows that you cant be both a liberal, believing in freedom, whilst trying to impose equal on all individuals. The two things are diametrically opposed by definition. It's about as daft as voting to hold an EU referendum then trying to do everything to not implement the result. I'm sure there is logical thought in the labour party, but they do a great job of hiding it at times.

Just as a matter of interest where did you put the other half of your brain ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I can't believe that the old tosh about implementing the will of the people is still being trotted out. It was clear all along that the problem with 'getting Brexit done' was that it wasn't actually possible to both have no border in Ireland as required by the Good Friday agreement and also have a border between Britain and the EU. The Republicans wouldn't stand for one on land, the Loyalists wouldn't stand for one in the sea, but there had to be one for Brexit to happen. In the end Johnson made up some rubbish that he knew wouldn't work and planned to renege on it as soon as it was possible. The Northern Irish on all sides were sold out and the situation there is as bad as it has been for decades. Other politicians whether for, or against Brexit, were actually concerned about maintaining a fragile peace there. Johnson, as with everything else in his career, was happy to lie and bluff if it gave him personal advantage. Hang the consequences. Its not him that will suffer.

That is a fundamental misunderstanding. The term 'liberal' doesn't mean 'believing in freedom', you may be thinking of 'libertarian'. In political terms, 'liberal', as defined by the Cambridge Dictionary, means:

"Believing in or allowing a lot of personal freedom, and believing that society should change gradually so that money, property, and power are shared more fairly", or in other words, believing in balancing personal freedoms with the pursuit for equality.

Before suggesting that terms are 'diametrically opposed by definition' it would be useful to actually look up and understand the definitions of those terms, rather than just assuming that they mean what you want them to mean, or listening to unqualified internet fools (Dave Rubin for instance) who bandy the term 'liberal' about without understanding it.

Yeah, but you can prove anything with facts :wink:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
as covered last night, workplaces were exempted from the rules on "gatherings". so superfically they look like people at work having too much to drink. thats not an offence, so nothing to turn a blind eye. yes, this raises other questions but there is it.

the people in charge of the nation are so pissed they're fighting each other, and you vote for these people?

i think you need a little think

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Who DO you suggest has put anything forward worth voting for?

Sadly, despite your excited thumbs up, I wasn't referring to you here

Now, call me an old cynic, but I wonder who's been stopped from posting, or seriously embarrassed themselves on other accounts recently :lolol:

the only poster on NSC who has to look up to Ppf's paucity of embarrassment and complete lack of self awareness :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Alternatively you could try answering the question without reverting to insults such as 'moron' or 'village idiot'.

If someone has called you that on NSC, then you should probably report it to a mod as I'm sure that's not allowed

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Spelling is too good for it to be Bushy. Definitely a troll.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I admire your generosity, preparing strawberries for the donkey.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

No comment.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Constantly attacked by people with am agenda to not implement the EU referendum but equally someone who should simply have told the EU that for anyone to have power to create law for people living in the UK, then they must be directly elected. His failure to do that so to push through his deal meant he was willing to sacrifice democratic rights of 1.8 million people in Northern Ireland, meaning his attachment to democracy is far stronger than Kier Starmers but still work in progress.

Your username is ironic, right?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Oh, he's trying to get it taken out of general view and buried in the pit, isn't he. Using a subsidiary account to do the deed. How sneaky!

I will scroll back and edit my replies.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Starmer would be a much needed steady hand in Government.At this point we don't need a leader with big ideas. Moronic big ideas with no substance have landed us in the shit.

What we need is someone who will firstly, not damage our democracy and ministerial code. That's the primary concern; stop the damage.

Secondly address the cost of living crisis in a way that is sustainable. Perhaps have a serious look at a universal minimum income for all. Lump sums, while an attractive immediate relief, do not solve the problem of long term poverty.

Then set about fixing the Brexit and NI mess. Get back in the single market and start rebuilding relations with the EU. I'm not saying reverse Brexit, I am saying at least look at ways to make it work that don't involve us reneging on deals and leaving us with soured relations with our neighbours.

These steps do not need a profiteering populist. They need a steady hand and a leader who is willing to do the right thing whether it makes him unpopular or not.

Send out the clowns.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If someone has called you that on NSC, then you should probably report it to a mod as I'm sure that's not allowed

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

He is also trying to get the thread put into the pit, I suspect. Fancy that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here