Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Feb 14, 2010
You've just described BoJo there. Can't believe there are still people who think he is doing a good job.

To decide if the job is good is to look at each policy and then see how it is working. A job too long for a forum. But what is clear is that Kier Starmer voted to hold a referendum, campaigned in that referendum, took part in the vote and then decided he should have the power to prevent its implementation. That is dishonest, untrustworthy and the mark of someone with totalitarian tendency. I could be wrong but I don't think he has a chance of being elected. The polls I think are a bit like newspapers. They like to create a headline to get people to read them, so to create revenue. Either that or just like the Bank of England, they are just not very good at forecasts.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
To decide if the job is good is to look at each policy and then see how it is working. A job too long for a forum. But what is clear is that Kier Starmer voted to hold a referendum, campaigned in that referendum, took part in the vote and then decided he should have the power to prevent its implementation. That is dishonest, untrustworthy and the mark of someone with totalitarian tendency. I could be wrong but I don't think he has a chance of being elected. The polls I think are a bit like newspapers. They like to create a headline to get people to read them, so to create revenue. Either that or just like the Bank of England, they are just not very good at forecasts.
And what about Johnson? How would you describe him?

Feb 14, 2010
And what about Johnson? How would you describe him?

Constantly attacked by people with am agenda to not implement the EU referendum but equally someone who should simply have told the EU that for anyone to have power to create law for people living in the UK, then they must be directly elected. His failure to do that so to push through his deal meant he was willing to sacrifice democratic rights of 1.8 million people in Northern Ireland, meaning his attachment to democracy is far stronger than Kier Starmers but still work in progress.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
To decide if the job is good is to look at each policy and then see how it is working. A job too long for a forum. But what is clear is that Kier Starmer voted to hold a referendum, campaigned in that referendum, took part in the vote and then decided he should have the power to prevent its implementation. That is dishonest, untrustworthy and the mark of someone with totalitarian tendency.

None of that is true: you're mixing Starmer up with Jo Swinson. It was the Lib Dem policy not to implement the referedum result if they'd won the election (as if). The Labour Party policy at the last election was to hold another referendum to establish what sort of Brexit to implement, whether it should be a total break or retain membership of the CU or single market.

The polls I think are a bit like newspapers. They like to create a headline to get people to read them, so to create revenue. Either that or just like the Bank of England, they are just not very good at forecasts.

The polls wouldn't have much of a business if they weren't very good at forecasts. With the exception of the 2015 General Election (and they've changed their methodology since then), the opinion polls have been pretty good for nearly all elections in the 21st century.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Constantly attacked by people with am agenda to not implement the EU referendum but equally someone who should simply have told the EU that for anyone to have power to create law for people living in the UK, then they must be directly elected. His failure to do that so to push through his deal meant he was willing to sacrifice democratic rights of 1.8 million people in Northern Ireland, meaning his attachment to democracy is far stronger than Kier Starmers but still work in progress.

I was thinking more along the lines of untrustworthy, dishonest, cheat makes things up on the fly, but I see you have the done the Conservative thing, by knowing exactly what I was saying but gave a different answer and brought it back to Sir Kier.

This is what is wrong with the country, they see their people doing wrong and just put their fingers in their ears, close their eyes and try and deflect on the opposition.

Feb 14, 2010
I think it’s unimportant which way people voted but important that the result was implemented. I think you know the dishonesty inStarners actions after the vote. A man who doesn’t believe In implementing election results has a natural home inthe European commission but as with everyone with totalitarian tendencies shouldn’t be allowed near power. He has in my view zero chance at the next election but that won’t sell polls or newspapers.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I was stopped three times in two months by the police walking to work through Manor Royal asking were I was going, I had to produce a letter from the airline showing I was “allowed” to go to work.

Madness.

no, no. is not the definition of madness; you, still defending bungle****?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The one him and sunak actually got fined for was ridiculous, sunak more than anyone else.

You mean the one where his wife and interior decorator who don't work with him, organised and attended a 'work event' for him. That one?

The one he lied to Parliament about saying he was there for only 9 minutes, but Sue Gray records as him being there for 20 minutes at least - that one? The one that the Police noted as going on for an hour (presumably mainly without Johnson, whose party it was) - that one? The one with M&S party food - that one?

Yes, I agree it was possibly weaker than some of the other events he was alleged to have been at - but the Police obviously didn't issue the fine lightly.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
You mean the one where his wife and interior decorator who don't work with him, organised and attended a 'work event' for him. That one?

The one he lied to Parliament about saying he was there for only 9 minutes, but Sue Gray records as him being there for 20 minutes at least - that one? The one that the Police noted as going on for an hour (presumably mainly without Johnson, whose party it was) - that one? The one with M&S party food - that one?

Yes, I agree it was possibly weaker than some of the other events he was alleged to have been at - but the Police obviously didn't issue the fine lightly.

Yes that one, the one that was also reported in the papers at the time and no one said anything.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
And that makes it right then?

It was fine with me, but I would have thought if it was an issue for everyone who says it is now, more would have been made of it being reported at the time.

The issue with fining for this one is that Starmer doesn’t have much of a defence, nor do thousand of super market workers up and down the country - I’ll await my fine.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The polls predicted Remain would win, May would trounce Corbyn and the last election would be close. The polls seem about as good at forecasts as the Bank of England on leaving the EU and the Lawro's premier league predictions. Boris I think (but could be wrong) will win the next election at a canter because labour has a leader who didnt / doesn't believe in implementing election results (EU referendum) which makes him dishonest, untrustworthy, plus tainted with totalitarian tendency. This a far greater crime than having a drink at his work with people in his bubble, when trying to sort out all sorts during lockdown when they step back and think about it. I sometimes think labour only want to be a party of protest without any desire to govern. Just what they believe in is hard to pin down. Labour seem to say they are liberal, whilst then in the breath say they believe in equality. Anyone with half a brain knows that you cant be both a liberal, believing in freedom, whilst trying to impose equal on all individuals. The two things are diametrically opposed by definition. It's about as daft as voting to hold an EU referendum then trying to do everything to not implement the result. I'm sure there is logical thought in the labour party, but they do a great job of hiding it at times.

Starmer has accepted the referendum. You are talking complete nonsense. Trying to put the thread into the pit using a second account? Looks like it :shrug:

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes that one, the one that was also reported in the papers at the time and no one said anything.

No point arguing. People are trying to get the thread into the pit.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Working class tory. Crikey!

As for Starmer, I can't remeber the last time he mentioned Brexit. That's why remainers misstrusted him.

I am calling you a troll intent on getting this thread into the pit using a second account.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
None of that is true: you're mixing Starmer up with Jo Swinson. It was the Lib Dem policy not to implement the referedum result if they'd won the election (as if). The Labour Party policy at the last election was to hold another referendum to establish what sort of Brexit to implement, whether it should be a total break or retain membership of the CU or single market.

The polls wouldn't have much of a business if they weren't very good at forecasts. With the exception of the 2015 General Election (and they've changed their methodology since then), the opinion polls have been pretty good for nearly all elections in the 21st century.

I don't think [MENTION=15922]Working class pride[/MENTION] is on this thread to school us - he's simply on a fake news mission to get the thread into the pit.

Last edited:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I think it’s unimportant which way people voted but important that the result was implemented. I think you know the dishonesty inStarners actions after the vote. A man who doesn’t believe In implementing election results has a natural home inthe European commission but as with everyone with totalitarian tendencies shouldn’t be allowed near power. He has in my view zero chance at the next election but that won’t sell polls or newspapers.

Embarrassing…. Very very embarrassing. You need to take a long look at yourself and ask “why am I posting complete bollocks’.

Starmer has never said he would not implement the referendum result. As for totalitarian tendencies … you might want to have word with boris the bumble****.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here