Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You mean there might be more?

But wait !

'The prime minister confirmed he had paid the £50 penalty, saying it "did not occur to him at the time" that he was breaking the rules.'

Ah, I see. Ignorance of his own rules then.

He also denied lying to parliament, despite telling MPs in the House of Commons that he had been assured that the guidance was followed at all times in No 10 during lockdown, saying he "spoke in completely good faith".

He had been assured? Ah, ok. Well that's fair enough then. Boris had been given poor advice. I recommend the jury to give a verdict of not guilty, on the basis of ignorance of what the rules were, and someone (who as yet, is unnamed), gave him rubbish advice. Case dismissed m'lud.

Ignorance of the law is no defence. Ignorance of the laws he set is wilful stupidity.

If he continues to refuse to resign, it is very damaging to Britain. Integrity is vital in governing by consent.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The thing about the speed at which the fines are being revealed is that this drip-drip of bad news is sure to continue until the local elections on 5th May 2022.

And the Tories can't really anoint a successor as the chances are that ALL of them attended at least one of these parties and so broke the law too.

It is indeed a meltdown.
Keep an eye on Wandsworth, the Tory jewel in the crown.

I recently spoke someone whose close relative works in Government very close to events. Very close.

No axe to grind, in fact they voted Conservative at the last election.

They told me there are actually very few who aren't implicated in some way or another and they made exactly the same point you made.

Whether that's been told to the authorities is another question.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I don't know why you are stunned. Only this morning we woke up to the news a Tory MP Imran Ahmed Khan had been convicted of sexually assaulting a 15-year old boy and fellow Tory MP Crispin Blunt tweets that this is a terrible miscarriage of justice.

This type of shit is all in a day's work if you are a Tory MP. They're led by a hedonist and have lost all sense of right and wrong.

I don't know how or why it still surprises me. I've never been and can't see a situation where I would ever be a Tory voter but this current breed of Tories just seem to have zero shame and are just stunningly out of touch with normal life in the UK. To some extent this has always been the case but what is more baffling is the percentage of the working class (especially Northern working class) that have just been duped into thinking the Tories have got their back and want what's best for the working man. I saw in the news a few months ago a bloke being interviewed in the street in Middlesbrough describing Boris as a 'man of the people'. Whether you agree with his politics or not (assuming he has certain values/morals rather than just an ability to exploit the situation at hand), a man of the people he could never be described yet millions of people in this country have been fooled and it wasn't even an intelligent disguise.

Comments like Fabricants today just highlight the level of depravity our elected representatives are willing to put forward to justify their existence and we are in real risk of losing our democracy in a smokescreen of lies, mis-speaking, and 'fake news'. We just need these ****ers out but the depressing thing is the opposition are pretty lacking in talent themselves

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Um, we have a centre-right hegemony. I wouldn’t say FPTP has delivered anything different in that regard, but FPTP does mean that huge swathes of voters go entirely unrepresented, which in turn increases voter apathy.

I’m personally of the opinion that it’s our largely dreadful media that keep us with a centre-right hegemony, they will (obviously) attack anything their mogul owners perceive as a threat mercilessly.

Boris isn’t going to go, not of his own accord. The Conservatives are cynically (but sadly perhaps effectively) relying on the short memories of voters. They’re hoping that by the time an election is called, a couple of bad headlines for Starmer and keeping Johnson away from questions will be enough.

The most represented government would be a coalition of all the parties.

And yet....nobody would vote for that.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I doubt many in the party will now call for Johnson to go. Many of them attended the law-breaking parties themselves.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
If that Michael Fabrikunnt was to knock at my door, my first thought would be that I'd been transported to a parallel 'The League Of Gentlemen World'. Was he a failed abortion?

No way will the bungle**** walk. He'll never do the decent thing. Protocol required him to sack Patel on her own breaching protocol by failing to resign to save him the embarrassment. Its just a big laugh.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Tomorrow's papers;

Daily Mail - disregarding public opinion, making out the criminal behaviour of the tory party is tittle tattle and dismissing justified outrage as insignificant because... DON'T THEY KNOW THERE'S A WAR ON??

Odd, we aren't in a war.

The Mirror correctly calls convicted criminals Johnson and Sunak LIARS AND LAWBREAKERS.

The Guardian goes with I REFUSE TO GO, referring to convicted criminal Johnson refusing to leave office despite being the only PM to ever be found guilty of a crime while in office.

The Metro goes basic and to the point with PM AND CHANCELLOR BROKE LAW

The Independent shows a full page pic of No.10's front door- SCENES OF THE CRIME. Referring to the venue where convicted criminals Johnson and Sunak committed their crimes.

The FT also covers the criminal activities of convicted criminals, Johnson and Sunak.

In full;

https://www.tomorrowspapers.co.uk/

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't know why you are stunned. Only this morning we woke up to the news a Tory MP Imran Ahmed Khan had been convicted of sexually assaulting a 15-year old boy and fellow Tory MP Crispin Blunt tweets that this is a terrible miscarriage of justice.

This type of shit is all in a day's work if you are a Tory MP. They're led by a hedonist and have lost all sense of right and wrong.

Lost, you say? ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Tomorrow's papers;

Daily Mail - disregarding public opinion, making out the criminal behaviour of the tory party is tittle tattle and dismissing justified outrage as insignificant because... DON'T THEY KNOW THERE'S A WAR ON??

Odd, we aren't in a war.

The Mirror correctly calls convicted criminals Johnson and Sunak LIARS AND LAWBREAKERS.

The Guardian goes with I REFUSE TO GO, referring to convicted criminal Johnson refusing to leave office despite being the only PM to ever be found guilty of a crime while in office.

The Metro goes basic and to the point with PM AND CHANCELLOR BROKE LAW

The Independent shows a full page pic of No.10's front door- SCENES OF THE CRIME. Referring to the venue where convicted criminals Johnson and Sunak committed their crimes.

The FT also covers the criminal activities of Johnson and Sunak.

In full;

https://www.tomorrowspapers.co.uk/

The Daily Mail? Isn't that the one that spent the 30s going on about how nice Mr Hitler was, and how vexing it was to have to ponder the Jewish Question? ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If that Michael Fabrikunnt was to knock at my door, my first thought would be that I'd been transported to a parallel 'The League Of Gentlemen World'. Was he a failed abortion?

No way will the bungle**** walk. He'll never do the decent thing. Protocol required him to sack Patel on her own breaching protocol by failing to resign to save him the embarrassment. Its just a big laugh.

I like the way he dragged Sunak into the piss tent by revealing Sunak's name early doors, rather than letting the man fess up of his own accord. Classy :facepalm:

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
You mean there might be more?

But wait !

'The prime minister confirmed he had paid the £50 penalty, saying it "did not occur to him at the time" that he was breaking the rules.'

Ah, I see. Ignorance of his own rules then.

He also denied lying to parliament, despite telling MPs in the House of Commons that he had been assured that the guidance was followed at all times in No 10 during lockdown, saying he "spoke in completely good faith".

He had been assured? Ah, ok. Well that's fair enough then. Boris had been given poor advice. I recommend the jury to give a verdict of not guilty, on the basis of ignorance of what the rules were, and someone (who as yet, is unnamed), gave him rubbish advice. Case dismissed m'lud.

These were the rules that he stood at that ridiculous podium day after day and explained to us in great detail and in words of one syllable. The same rules he didn't quite understand.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
These were the rules that he stood at that ridiculous podium day after day and explained to us in great detail and in words of one syllable. The same rules he didn't quite understand.
Hmmm ............. over 5,000 posts now. So, when's it going to happen then?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Ti be fair to Westdene Seagull you can see why perhaps he did assume the identity though I’ll think you’ll agree[emoji6]

7683bff20382c2d6724f7e1e9030505d.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FFS! Have you nothing better to comment on, other than the usual petty bollocks and general trolling / shit stirring?

You remind me of the sneaky kid at school, but in adult form.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Daily Mail has decided that Johnson should stay. Great rambling headline from them.. sometimes, just sometimes you can see the true shameless " Enemies of The People " . .. our non-dom owned right wing press.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think this was the Post Westdene Seagull refers to that Bozza replied to you with [emoji6]
d13daa79680d05f0c8c2015abb490bba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nope, no mention of WS's moderators having to 'manage me', not even in the full post before you edited it :shrug:

Thanks. I'm afraid it is still paywalled. Or the Telegraph just don't like me.

I'm afraid that as soon as I saw the headline, I recognised the Cabinet Press office panicking and when I tried to find it, saw it had only been released to limited sources. Well at least someone in Downing Street is earning their Money.

I'm sure I'll be written off
'as one of those people here, on both sides of the political spectrum, who can't wait to join a pile on at the merest whiff of something being amiss. They are so entrenched in their views that they are never able to recognise when "the other side" has got something right and it ruins almost any thread on here which has any kind of connection to politics'
even though I have voted for 4 different parties and a couple of independents over the years :wink:

Yep. Let's be clear: you're one of those that makes running this site far less fun than it used to be.

You come across as someone who takes some sort of pleasure out of the government getting stuff wrong. You'll claim you don't, of course, but that is how you come across much of the time.

I don't like this government, but I still want them to get things right because a government getting things right is good for the populace.

Which was part of a significantly longer discussion between myself and Bozza on whether people thinking this Government is corrupt is evidence based or a result of entrenched political views. Unsurprisingly, we disagreed.

Most unlike you to jump in two footed and get hold of the wrong end of the stick. Anyway back to the ongoing Tory meltdown, because we certainly wouldn't want to take this thread off topic, would we ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here