Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Bozza's post was about two unnamed posters. No one else should be assuming who he meant.

Ti be fair to Westdene Seagull you can see why perhaps he did assume the identity though I’ll think you’ll agree[emoji6]

7683bff20382c2d6724f7e1e9030505d.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ti be fair to Westdene Seagull you can see why perhaps he did assume the identity though I’ll think you’ll agree[emoji6]

7683bff20382c2d6724f7e1e9030505d.png

I won't agree but then I have the advantage of knowing exactly who it was about.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
But not the one Bozza was talking about.

No you’re quite right, WS was referring to a post Bozza posted directly to Watford Zero explaining that he considered him to be “one of those who makes running the site less fun than it used to be”

Sorry for the confusion [emoji106]

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think I actually find the comments from Michael Fabricant even more stunning. To think that he honestly thinks that teachers and nurses were all cracking open bottles of wine in the staff room at the end of the week is laughable. Obviously there could have been someone somewhere doing this but to suggest this was widespread in the workplace (especially in schools and hospitals) is just the definition of out of touch.

I don't know why you are stunned. Only this morning we woke up to the news a Tory MP Imran Ahmed Khan had been convicted of sexually assaulting a 15-year old boy and fellow Tory MP Crispin Blunt tweets that this is a terrible miscarriage of justice.

This type of shit is all in a day's work if you are a Tory MP. They're led by a hedonist and have lost all sense of right and wrong.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He's probably looking at least another 2/3 fines for other offences.

I'm surprised this one stuck.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
May have been mentioned but I'm too tired to look.

The fines are being issued by party, not individual.

There is more to come, I suspect around some gatherings in the flat.

Watch this space.

Hopefully a nice drip drip drip of fine after fine for Johnson.

He should just go.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
He's probably looking at least another 2/3 fines for other offences.

I'm surprised this one stuck.

It's stuck because he has paid the fine - thereby admitting his guilt.

I can see how he thinks he can brave out this 'surprise' party that was mainly colleagues (except for wife and interior designer) by pretending he thought it wasn't against regulations. But if he gets a fine for the more private party in the flat, I can't see what possible defence he can conjure up for that one.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
A fine the same as the reduced amount for stopping on a double yellow line, technically breaking the law but no one ever has resigned for stopping on a double yellow line, time to move on its very very boring!
I agree it's time to move on.

To the next fine for the PM and the one after that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Isn't that like being done for three speeding offences during the same journey? You only get done for one of them.

No, each party is being treated as a separate offence, like shoplifting on five or six occasions. So far, we’ve only heard about 18th and 19th June 2020.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
No, each party is being treated as a separate offence, like shoplifting on five or six occasions. So far, we’ve only heard about 18th and 19th June 2020.
Exactly, I suspect this is gearing up for the barbeque that accidently by accident found itself inside.

Shame the child care / bubble laws were so badly drafted else we'd also be looking at Christmas round the Johnsons.

In the "real world" and not of the Government and its blind supporters even my neighbour knew the score and thankfully kicked his tenants out.

One day, I'll post on here what Covid and the fall out did to my family, but now isn't the time.

Like a number of people I'm dealing with at the moment, we haven't moved on and will never move on until this lot are kicked out for a decade.

Being told to "move on" is deeply offensive to me, it doesn't get any worse.

Last edited:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
If Carrie organised this party which 30 people have been fined for - shouldn't she have had a £10,000 fine? Or was that not in place at the time?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The thing about the speed at which the fines are being revealed is that this drip-drip of bad news is sure to continue until the local elections on 5th May 2022.

And the Tories can't really anoint a successor as the chances are that ALL of them attended at least one of these parties and so broke the law too.

It is indeed a meltdown.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

You mean there might be more?

But wait !

'The prime minister confirmed he had paid the £50 penalty, saying it "did not occur to him at the time" that he was breaking the rules.'

Ah, I see. Ignorance of his own rules then.

He also denied lying to parliament, despite telling MPs in the House of Commons that he had been assured that the guidance was followed at all times in No 10 during lockdown, saying he "spoke in completely good faith".

He had been assured? Ah, ok. Well that's fair enough then. Boris had been given poor advice. I recommend the jury to give a verdict of not guilty, on the basis of ignorance of what the rules were, and someone (who as yet, is unnamed), gave him rubbish advice. Case dismissed m'lud.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here