Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Shipping pellets from Canada is crazy, the carbon capture stuff (if it works) essentially doubles the cost of energy production. Meanwhile Onshore wind for all intents and purposes is banned and there is no mandate for new builds to install solar and / or ASHP's.
of course it's bonkers, but that's where the thinking took us a long time ago. onshore wind gets objected and blocked at every turn, we just about get offshore at 3x the cost, likewise solar on new builds got selved because concerns over appearance and ownership. people want the idea of renewables, just dont want to see them, or whatever other objection they can conjure up. carbon capture is obvious part of the solution, and we'll have to accept the extra cost - its going to cost more however you provide energy, wind and solar are only cheaper when you dont count the gas or storage backup capabilities. there is no path to net zero that is lower cost.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
of course it's bonkers, but that's where the thinking took us a long time ago. onshore wind gets objected and blocked at every turn, we just about get offshore at 3x the cost, likewise solar on new builds got selved because concerns over appearance and ownership. people want the idea of renewables, just dont want to see them, or whatever other objection they can conjure up. carbon capture is obvious part of the solution, and we'll have to accept the extra cost - its going to cost more however you provide energy, wind and solar are only cheaper when you dont count the gas or storage backup capabilities. there is no path to net zero that is lower cost.
Centrica closed the Rough gas storage facility in 2017 but has now reopened it in Oct but only at 20%.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It’s not about him being elected or not elected he’s not a president it’s about the manifesto the Tory’s where elected on
Oh give over ! Manifestos are just fake promices. I've got more chance of waking up next to a naked Kelly Brook than a political party actually STICKING to it's manifesto promises.

Last edited:

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Oh give over ! Manifestos are just fake promices. I've got more chance of waking up next to a naked Kelly Brooks than a political party actually STICKING to it's manifesto promices.
Agin which is true (no idea about the Kelly brook thing tho !) I’m no Tory lover I’m just stating a fact

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Why? That’s me and how I am but you think you can tell me how to feel?
Thunderbolt,
You seem to see things in black and white.
Of course you can be who you are, but why do you take everything so literally and seriously? My harmless remark was just that.
Is it only me who seems to get your goat? Whatever I post, however light-hearted, you appear to come back and almost look for an argument, which frankly, I am not interested in.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thunderbolt,
You seem to see things in black and white.
Of course you can be who you are, but why do you take everything so literally and seriously? My harmless remark was just that.
Is it only me who seems to get your goat? Whatever I post, however light-hearted, you appear to come back and almost look for an argument, which frankly, I am not interested in.
Put me on ignore then.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Put me on ignore then.
Good heavens, you do come over as rather aggressive towards me and I don’t really know why. I am a tolerant soul who, I hope, hasn’t made too many enemies on NSC.
I have no-one on ignore and I intend to keep it that way. Perhaps you should put me on ignore instead.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Good heavens, you do come over as rather aggressive towards me and I don’t really know why. I am a tolerant soul who, I hope, hasn’t made too many enemies on NSC.
I have no-one on ignore and I intend to keep it that way. Perhaps you should put me on ignore instead.

You did claim that anyone posting your view on NSC would get you 'shunned for life' so you can't really be surprised you got a reaction. Not from me of course :angel:

I would take more issue with this bit

Bodian,
You can’t put stuff up like that on NSC, you’ll be shunned for life!
I still reckon Rishi is no party leader and is certainly not at his best dealing with the ‘riff-raff’, but then again, that probably goes for quite a few politicians. To me, he is a backroom ‘technician’ rather than a man of the people.

Would you REALLY trust him to change a plug in your house or the oil in you car ? :lolol:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
You did claim that anyone posting your view on NSC would get you 'shunned for life' so you can't really be surprised you got a reaction. Not from me of course :angel:

I would take more issue with this bit

Would you REALLY trust him to change a plug in your house or the oil in you car ? :lolol:
The difference being is that you and I and most other posters can usually differentiate between serious remarks and others, that are less so, unless, of course, it doesn’t suit them to do so.
As for Rishi, you may well be right!😀

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The difference being is that you and I and most other posters can usually differentiate between serious remarks and others, that are less so, unless, of course, it doesn’t suit them to do so.
As for Rishi, you may well be right!😀

I can understand why some people get angry, but I think you and me are just shallow and always look for the one-liner. At least it's Fridat :wink:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I can understand why some people get angry, but I think you and me are just shallow and always look for the one-liner. At least it's Fridat :wink:
Some people are easily angered and it is not a nice trait.
Shallow or not, at 75 I am old enough, and I hope wise enough, to understand not to take things said on an anonymous football forum too seriously or at least not always at face value. Without giving it much thought, numerous examples come to mind, especially on the political threads.
I do like a one liner and am not into the heavy political thing, I leave that to those who are.
Yup,it’s Friday, but no booze for me, I’m trying to shed a few pounds, so I’m just watching the telly!
Have one for me!😀🥃

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here