Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
A 34-year-old Spanish woman was forcibly removed from the UK after returning from a Christmas holiday near Málaga despite presenting Brexit paperwork to border officials showing she has a right to live and work in the country.

She was flown back to Spain after being detained overnight in Luton airport on 26 December and told she was “wasting her time” if she thought the Home Office documentation she had showing her right to live in the UK was valid
Shocking story although it would seem there’s more to the story

Maria, a Spanish designer who is in the middle of a career change to a job working with animals, had made a late application for the EU settlement scheme in 2023 and was living with her husband and parents-in-law in Bedfordshire.
Her application was refused in June

From the same article to copied 👍

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Her application was refused in June on the grounds she did not provide sufficient evidence, but she had asked for an administrative review of the decision and had a certificate of application (CoA) from the Home Office. It states “you can work in the UK until you receive a decision on your application to the EU settlement scheme”.

@Chicken Run you're a wally

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Her application was refused in June on the grounds she did not provide sufficient evidence, but she had asked for an administrative review of the decision and had a certificate of application (CoA) from the Home Office. It states “you can work in the UK until you receive a decision on your application to the EU settlement scheme”.

@Chicken Run you're a wally
Does it state however that you can leave the country during the appeal and then return?

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Well....I was going to tweak my post in that direction, but decided to be less hyperbolic. We don't yet have to rent part of Belgium and move the population there for two years while we find an uninhabited island to build a new
Peter Bone's replacement Tory candidate for the upcoming by-election ?

.. his girlfriend. :LOL:

Just about to post this as well

You
Could
Not
Make
This
Up

FFS 🤬🤬.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
1704649240343.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Peter Bone's replacement Tory candidate for the upcoming by-election ?

.. his girlfriend. :LOL:

Does nobody in the Tory Party ever stop for a second and say to themselves "I wonder what that might look like to the average voter?". Thought the same listening to Sunak this morning.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Does nobody in the Tory Party ever stop for a second and say to themselves "I wonder what that might look like to the average voter?". Thought the same listening to Sunak this morning.
Boner has denied the report in Sunday Times that revealed he has threatened to stand as independent if his lover partner wasn't selected.

His wife (I presume they are still married) was at one point the highest paid close relative paid by Parliament.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
No, more of a Rag and Bone man, next silly question 🙋
When the grown ups were in charge, people like Peter Bone were confined to the back benches in parliament dribbling on about sovereignty, foreigners and harping on about going back to how things used to be in the good old days. Do you regret aligning yourself vote wise with people like him, or was he on the right side of history with it all?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
When the grown ups were in charge, people like Peter Bone were confined to the back benches in parliament dribbling on about sovereignty, foreigners and harping on about going back to how things used to be in the good old days. Do you regret aligning yourself vote wise with people like him, or was he on the right side of history with it all?

Do I regret my voting choices in the past, absolutely not, do I think this Bone chap is an idiot yes I do 👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here