Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Great work on those that exposed this, amazed its taken this long. Another poor quality red waller, the "Thick as Mice Group"

Oi, who are you calling thick?

IMG_0024.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was going to put this on the 'what should the incoming Labour government do' thread, but I'll put it here.

I just heard someone on the radio, sounded like a chief executive of a hospital, defending the current waiting list and A&E carnage on the grounds that 'there is always high demand at this time of year' and 'there is nothing unusual about this and of course we are all working to provide the highest standards of service' etc etc.

The tories have appointed as chief executives, or whatever they are called, of hospitals, people who are essentially spokespersons for the government. These are people who are 'realist's and will work within budgets available. Like in my uni where the leaders decided to save money by sacking 250 lecturers 5 years ago rather than cut their own bureaucratic architecture. To be appointed to these leadership roles you need to be a nodding-dog bureaucrat. NOT someone there to fight to ensure the hospital, the NHS works better. It is all about doing their best with available resources. It is NOT about looking at the piece and working with others to create a plan to identify the problems and solve them.

As others have said on this topic we need root and branch reform. That will have to start at the top and these nodding dogs, wordsmiths, smooth talkers, these people with a degree in 'empathy' from the university of north west England (formerly Wigan technical college), these people need to be sacked and replaced by problem solvers. I hope Labour realize this. I fear they may not. Smooth talkers are seductively persuasive, after all.

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
Why do I have a sneaking suspicion that there's going to be some major money shuffling over the Xmas/New Year period ?...
No insider information but logic tells me that hedge funds are in for a golden moment if they can Roger an economy over a holiday period..

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I was going to put this on the 'what should the incoming Labour government do' thread, but I'll put it here.

I just heard someone on the radio, sounded like a chief executive of a hospital, defending the current waiting list and A&E carnage on the grounds that 'there is always high demand at this time of year' and 'there is nothing unusual about this and of course we are all working to provide the highest standards of service' etc etc.

The tories have appointed as chief executives, or whatever they are called, of hospitals, people who are essentially spokespersons for the government. These are people who are 'realist's and will work within budgets available. Like in my uni where the leaders decided to save money by sacking 250 lecturers 5 years ago rather than cut their own bureaucratic architecture. To be appointed to these leadership roles you need to be a nodding-dog bureaucrat. NOT someone there to fight to ensure the hospital, the NHS works better. It is all about doing their best with available resources. It is NOT about looking at the piece and working with others to create a plan to identify the problems and solve them.

As others have said on this topic we need root and branch reform. That will have to start at the top and these nodding dogs, wordsmiths, smooth talkers, these people with a degree in 'empathy' from the university of north west England (formerly Wigan technical college), these people need to be sacked and replaced by problem solvers. I hope Labour realize this. I fear they may not. Smooth talkers are seductively persuasive, after all.
Well, I am hoping that Wes Streeting has a go at sorting out the NHS. He is certainly making the right noises.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well, I am hoping that Wes Streeting has a go at sorting out the NHS. He is certainly making the right noises.
Fingers crossed. A great deal of ward availability officers, outsourcing tendering management planners, appointment recording software updaters, chief executives, assistant chief executives, principal PAs to the assistant chief executives, and equality and diversity sanitation recruitment officers may, alas find they are fearing for their futures.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Michelle Mone admits that she 'stands to benefit' from the PPE £60m. Even her admission of lying is deceitful ffs.
No surprise at all.

Blinded by intense and overwhelming greed, the VIP fast lane obviously landed her husband (and her when he passes) millions of pounds and she has lied about it ever since the deal was struck.

A wonderful example of the type of person a Tory government benefits the most.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So does everyone accused of crime get a slot on the BBC to defend themselves, now?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Michelle Mone admits that she 'stands to benefit' from the PPE £60m. Even her admission of lying is deceitful ffs.

The Covid inquiry has already heard how there was a 'narcissistic orgy' at no 10 while they were supposed to be trying to protect the nation, and how there was no leadership or planning as we careered from one poor decision to the next.

However, I've thought all along that it will really kick off when it gets to the Procurement module covering the Fast Track Program and Track and Trace, as this can't be passed off as total incompetence :mad:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Respectfully I disagree. Remember that in trying to get elected, Labour have to appeal to the swing voter, not the committed Labour voter.

One of the big turnoffs for Conservative voters regarding Labour is that Labour activists frequently seem angry, shouty and rude. That actually plays a bigger part in where people choose to put their ‘X’ than many appreciate.

Shouting “Tory c**ts” and constant criticism plays brilliantly with Wolfie Smith and his chums, but understandably puts off plenty of decent people who prefer their politics conducted in measured tones.

The Conservatives have performed many underhand acts during their time in power, but they have been able to bring decent people along with them because they’ve spoken well, smiled at the right times and effectively seemed “our kind of people.” A lesson that Labour have been slow to learn.

Constant criticism of the Conservative Party assists those who want to paint Labour as a party that complains that everything’s wrong but has no idea what to do about it.

The correct course of action for Labour is: Wait for the election campaign, have solid costed plans of their own, and point to the incumbent government’s record over the last thirteen years. The rest is just noise and activists point scoring on Twitter like that has any meaning.
I'd say most Tory MPS seem "angry, shouty and rude". Why doesn't this turn off the decent people?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here