[Politics] Tory law breakers

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thank goodness for Boris, if we did not have him at the helm that madman Corbyn would be ruining the country....Oh.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Or...can someone tell me the difference between the insufferable egotist John Bercow and the insufferable egotist Boris Johnson? About 4 inches?
Jesus Christ, you've outed both of them in one go. I trust you've got Lewinsky level proof?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
The UK's Prime Minister made decision, Brussels didn't like it, so EU backed judges overruled the Prime Minister. Standard.

I'm intrigued. Please can you explain exactly how these 11 English judges of the Supreme Court are EU backed? Do the EU also back the Supreme Court of Scotland?

Also, have the SC judges "overruled" the Prime Minister or have they looked at the law and determined that he was breaking it? There is a difference.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm intrigued. Please can you explain exactly how these 11 English judges of the Supreme Court are EU backed? Do the EU also back the Supreme Court of Scotland?

Also, have the SC judges "overruled" the Prime Minister or have they looked at the law and determined that he was breaking it? There is a difference.
Would you like you questions answered by the right honourable Diane Abbott, or the right honourable Boris Johnson?

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Would you like you questions answered by the right honourable Diane Abbott, or the right honourable Boris Johnson?

No, I'd like my questions answered by you. The reason the country has got in this mess is because people with no actual knowledge of such things (encouraged by dumbed-down newspapers and politicians) have asserted for e.g. that the English Supreme Court judges are backed by the EU.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The UK's Prime Minister made decision, Brussels didn't like it, so EU backed judges overruled the Prime Minister. Standard.

Up there with some of the most ridiculous statements i've heard since this whole brexit mess started. And I've listened to Mark Francois say things

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If your hypothesis is correct, then surely the Tories wouldn't support a leader other than their own (whomever that would become) for the same reasons?

Not really. It would be described as an interim government and moderate Lab and Cons could be enough to swing it. That said, Corbyn is too self indulgent to entertain the idea even though he knows he would never get the gig because of no support from Lib Dems, SNP, Plaid Cymru etc. Possible candidates would be Ken Clarke, Harriet Harman or Keir Starmer.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
uk battered by hale!

monty-python-ladies-clapping-o.gif

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
An 'interesting' ruling by the supreme court after the lower courts ruled this was a political matter they unanimously decided to jump into the world of politics with both feet.

After the past month, I expect future governments that have a majority will make damn sure they get a speaker that's onside and bring in laws that more clearly set out what powers they can exercise and when. Hopefully, we won't end up like the US where supreme court judges are picked for their political bias ....

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
How many PM's are we going to go through this year? Boris will surely have to walk after this charade as his position is clearly untenable. Who will be next up to bat?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports