[Politics] Tory law breakers

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought Brussels made all our laws, what the hell happened today?

I would LOVE to see that on a side of a bus today. :lolol:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
proves nothing, as it doesnt say what power a head of state would have. you can have one elected but rubber stamps the parliament, one that is powerfull enough to bypass parliament routinely, or something in between.

No, it proves the current system doesn't work.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This lunchtime.........

PM saying this whole case is about frustrating Brexit when their entire argument was that the prorogation was not about Brexit.

You couldn't make this sh1t up

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
No, it proves the current system doesn't work.

You mean it doesn't work for you on this occasion. Its about curtaining the executive's abuse of power. How would you like it if JC got it and shut down parliament to disband the army?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Can somebody tell me what the difference is between the TUC Conference and the Labour Party Conference please?

The former is where the unions decide what policies they’d adopt if they were a political party, the other... oh.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In order to clear his head Boris just went out for a little spin

[tweet]1176462831144886272[/tweet]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Swinson has suggested a government of national unity under someone else, but there is absolutley no chance that the Labour Party would support any other candidate than their leader. If they did, they would be going into an election saying 'Vote for us. We have the leader who couldn't even be trusted as a caretaker.'
If your hypothesis is correct, then surely the Tories wouldn't support a leader other than their own (whomever that would become) for the same reasons?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I thought Brussels made all our laws, what the hell happened today?
The UK's Prime Minister made decision, Brussels didn't like it, so EU backed judges overruled the Prime Minister. Standard.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Actually i really think this is stretching it..Their judgement amounts to them saying he did not have the grounds he stated to prorog parliament. He could argue that "ok so my reasining was wrong" This doesnt make him a lawbreaker and certainly dont think he should resign (BTW i have NEVER voted for anyone in my life so am not a Tory)

Ignorance of the law is no excuse. Well not if you were young, poor or not white.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports