Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top three ALBION results that have MADE YOU HAPPY!

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
3 that stick out for me over and above all the obvious ones:

2-0 v Leeds last game of our 1st season in Div1 - meant we stayed up

7-0 v Charlton -1983 - my wife came to that game with me when we were courting - she hasn't been since

4-1 v Wolves - 1st year in Champ. when Coppell was in charge. Joleon Lescott looked like a non-leaguer that day

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Still to come I feel

BHA 6 Barca 0 (Champs league Final)

BHA 4 Man Utd 0 (Fa Cup Final) Revenge at last

BHA 86 Palace 0 to finally f***ing shut them up.
Tony??? Who the hell would have you on loan . We will never be silenced !

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
The 1-3 win at SCC in Gus's first game
Beating the scum in the 79th
Hammering Crawley 5-0 in the FA cup 1992

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
palace 0-1 brighton 75 (barry butlin on loan from sheff.utd got winner,harry wilson kept peter taylor in his pocket)

combination of 3 results from 80-81,firstly the 3-0 win at palace 18 april,GREGORY 2 SMITH 1,a weeek later a great win at sunderland 2-1,rounded off with a last day of the season win at home to leeds 2-0,oh and we beat leicester in amongst that too and stayed up!

finally the cup semi at highbury,never thought it would happen,amazing!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Tony??? Who the hell would have you on loan . We will never be silenced !

I grant you've had your moments since, but as I recall you were pretty silent when that ginger bloke forced your defender into scoring an own goal winner for us in 04-05. Don't completely whitewash history.

Anyway, where were we? Chesterfield at home, 2001, was one that I don't think's come up yet? 1-0, Cullip header, the crowd and players shoving it down the throats of their cheating manager and team? Our first real success of any sort for YEARS: that was quite special.

Peterborough last season, following on from Charlton the week before, was amazing too. And all the other usual suspects that have been mentioned.

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton
2-1 vs Doncaster
4-0 vs Charlton, GUTTED I didn't go but what a game it was to listen to.
1-0 vs Newcastle, I think I actually love Will Buckley :clap:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
1978 v Tottenham 3-1. Felt like we really deserved to be where we were. Only lost out on promotion due to the contrived result at the Dell.
1983 v Liverpool 2-1. Only went because never been to Anfield before and expecting to lose.
1983 v Man Utd 2-2. First time ever at Wembley and still remember the magic of walking in the concourse and seeing the wembley pitch through one of the entrances for the first time and actually realizing that we were really there. Plus the tears as we belted out Abide with Me. That and of course one of the best cup finals for many a year.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The Swindon game, the Hereford game and the Palace 1-0.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Hereford 1-1 Brighton
Brighton 1-0 Barnet (April 1997)
Charlton 0-4 Brighton (October 2010)

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
1st Hereford 1 Brighton 1 97 / Brighton 2 Sheffield Weds 1 FA Cup Semi Final 83
2nd Liverpool 1 Brighton 2 FA Cup 5th Rd 83
3rd Brighton 1 Bristol City 0 2004 Play Off Final

Other matches first ever match at Amex Sussex Senior Cup v Eastbourne Borough
Brighton 7 Charlton 0 83
Semi Final of play off v Swindon 2004
FA Cup Final first game 83 2-2 with Man Utd
Boxing Day 83 Palarse 0 Brighton 2
So many really to many to mention !!!

Last edited:

Oct 2, 2008
Lots of great memories on this thread. Let me add another into the mix : West Ham 0 Albion 1 (Butters). Still one of my favourite ever Albion away games.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Lots of great memories on this thread. Let me add another into the mix : West Ham 0 Albion 1 (Butters). Still one of my favourite ever Albion away games.

I enjoyed that match but it was marred for me by Virgo being sent off when that ex Palace thug attacked him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Aug 2011 - Doncaster - the Will Buckley game.
Feb 1976 - 2-0 home win over CPFC in an evening game. First introduction as a young lad to evening games & CP. 33,000 swaying in packed terraces.
Nov 2009 - 3-1 unexpected win at mega-overspending S'ton. Poyet era begins. Crofts/Cox/Murray & Co on fire. Massive Albion support there & live on TV to millions.

Feb 14, 2010
Hereford away will be the best moment as a Brighton fan. Even if we win a trophy one day, that day will remain the special moment.
After Hereford, beating palace at home when they had Wright/Bright and we were shit, then probably beating pompey in a midweek game when we were losing 1-0, until we equalised late on, they had a player sent off and we got a last minute winner.

TigheRade

Feb 3, 2012
Hereford would have to be in there but I didn't get a ticket, just recall listening to it on the radio in my old house. Last game at Goldstone would also be up there but being so young at that time the three that stand out that I actually attended and remember more are....

West Ham at Upton Park 1-0 . They were all over us, then Butters netted in front of the away fans. The place went insane with delight.

Doncaster this season. 2 -1. Unreal finish to a game that had been building for over a decade.

Sheffield United. 2-1 at Brammal Lane. Leon Knight grabs a last minute winner. When I got to London and the last train to Sheffield had been cancelled, so I either turned around and went home or continued to the ground knowing I would miss the first half. I was travelling up on my own so decided I might as well carry on. I got there for second half and was still allowed in, we were 1 up at half time and then Mayo scored an own goal. I thought the day was going to be a complete bust but Knight bagged the winner and made the whole day worth it.

Although since I started writing my reply about ten other great Albion experiences have come to mind and all would be worthy of a place.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
2011 Brighton 2 - Doncaster 1. Just a wonderful day, never thought i'd shed tears at the footy like a big girls blouse.

1989 Wolves 2 - Brighton 4. Brilliant game, great away trip & a 9 -0 result further up north to top it off.

1983 Brighton 2 - Sheff Weds 1. Rammed into the clock end feet never touching the floor. Still makes me smile 29 years later.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Oh so many but here's 3 where we had absolutly no hope of winning, but did.

1-0 at Smellhurst a few years back.
1-0 at Forest, unbeaten for ever and us bottom of league.
2-1 at Liverpool in 1983.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Newcastle 1-3 1979 magic weekend
BHA 3-0 Palace Boxing day 1979 oh what fun the golstone was bouncing
BHA 2-1 Sheff Wed just a perfect day

Plenty of others

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here