Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Gear's Clarkson suspended by BBC

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
The ALLEGED incident was that Clarkson aimed a punch at a producer, but missed - http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015...poned-after-jeremy-clarkson-punches-producer#

Unsure if he would be sacked for that, but he will no doubt get a final warning, though again we dont know what was said or the full circumstances - for all we know the producer acted badly too. Even if he isnt sacked, the 3 of them may not stay at the BBC. Top Gear would be rubbish without them, much like Fifth Gear on Channel 5, which is what Top Gear was like before Clarkson so replacing them would be very risky by the BBC and unlikely. They will probably sell the brand/show on to another broadcaster. Sky may well be interested in taking it on and no doubt Clarkson, Hammond and May would probably take in more money than what they currently earn. If not, it could always be picked up by an American company (since its big in the US) and shown on Netflix.

Either way, I cant see that Top Gear in its current format is dead, but the BBC losing it would be enormous. This has been on the cards for a while as Clarkson and the head of the BBC have never seen eye-to-eye.

Funny that someone else is saying the Alleged incident is that he punched Piers Morgan.

https://mobile.twitter.com/piersmorgan

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The penultimate episode of the series was due to air on March 22 and has been replaced by a documentary about the Caribbean featuring Simon Reeve, at 8pm, followed by a Louis Theroux documentary.

Every cloud...

Dec 29, 2011
The ALLEGED incident was that Clarkson aimed a punch at a producer, but missed - http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015...poned-after-jeremy-clarkson-punches-producer#

Unsure if he would be sacked for that, but he will no doubt get a final warning, though again we dont know what was said or the full circumstances - for all we know the producer acted badly too. Even if he isnt sacked, the 3 of them may not stay at the BBC. Top Gear would be rubbish without them, much like Fifth Gear on Channel 5, which is what Top Gear was like before Clarkson so replacing them would be very risky by the BBC and unlikely. They will probably sell the brand/show on to another broadcaster. Sky may well be interested in taking it on and no doubt Clarkson, Hammond and May would probably take in more money than what they currently earn. If not, it could always be picked up by an American company (since its big in the US) and shown on Netflix.

Either way, I cant see that Top Gear in its current format is dead, but the BBC losing it would be enormous. This has been on the cards for a while as Clarkson and the head of the BBC have never seen eye-to-eye.

He's already on a final warning

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
reckon this will be an automatic HR responce to some incident involving some fear of, threat of or actual physical assault (though can you imagine Clarkson actually hiting someone?). there will be an enquiry, people will highlight to HR the financial reality of strict adherence to procedure, there will probably be an apology or a resignation, and Top Gear will be back on with Clarkson by the end of the month.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Depends what he did. I find it relaxing and often enjoyable if not a repetitive so has my vote to carry on but if he ran over the producer on purpose that might be different

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
The format is really tired now and I would not be bothered if I missed it.

Some of the shows were good but they're running out of ideas.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Perhaps Top Gear can go back to being about cars and not presenters.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Perhaps Top Gear can go back to being about cars and not presenters.

you do remember how dull that was, right. or is, in the Fifth Gear form as pointed out. i havent watched that in years, Top Gear though is regular viewing for the past decade. even the missus likes it. thats its appeal, of course, not being just about cars, its a bunch of not properly grown up men larking about loosly based around cars.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I'm tired of the stupid banal jokes, always scripted and poorly delivered. The stig intros are tired as is the James may bashing. But I still enjoy it, it's fun viewing and some of the challenges have been brilliant fun and great viewing and it seems a good deal of people still enjoy it, otherwise Clarkson would have been gone ages ago...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Still the best thing they've done, but summed up by Hammond's comment "We are now at the cutting edge of cocking about"

[YT]utFbjheDC-Y[/YT]

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I like the program, good entertainment and quite funny at times.

It will die quickly if Clarkson leaves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here