Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Gear -l tonight BBC2 8PM

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Episode 2 of new series on tonight
BBC Two - Top Gear, Series 18, Episode 2

Jeremy Clarkson and James May travel to Beijing for a look at China's ever-expanding car industry and a violent encounter with The Stig's Chinese cousin.

Meanwhile, Richard Hammond is in Texas to immerse himself in the surprisingly interesting world of NASCAR racing.

Plus, the Mercedes SLS Roadster makes an enormous amount of noise and smoke on the test track, and Matt Le Blanc is the star in the Reasonably Priced Car

Second episode of new series. Thought last weeks episode was better than what we have been offered in previous series.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Last weeks show was right back on form so looking forward to this tonight.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Have given up on it, same old tired predictable stuff.

Has gone the same way as Soccer AM I'm afraid.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Have given up on it, same old tired predictable stuff.

Has gone the same way as Soccer AM I'm afraid.

Very this. It's all scripted, all the "funny accidents" are clearly pre-planned, so what's the point. It's now all about 3 so-called celebs (a derogatory term in my view) and of course making money for the BBC.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oh well, we like it - light hearted viewing with cars in it....

Exactly the same here, it is very amusing at times and also the cars are very good. Plus the star in a reasonably priced car is normally interesting as well.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Oh well, we like it - light hearted viewing with cars in it....

this.

boys playing with big toys, bascially Top Trumps with real cars.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Its a car show for people who don't care about cars, basically.

I agree with those saying that its not as good as it used to be, but its generally still worth a watch.

If you think our version is over-scripted and trying too hard, watch Top Gear USA sometime....it makes ours look stunning.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
People just watch it for the laughs now and nothing else more, if you look at an old Top Gear episode from like 6 years ago, it was just focused on car reviewing with a few jokes added in, but since its became more popular, it has needed to become more entertaining. That said i do watch it as it isnt that bad - thought it started to get a bit boring last week if im honest.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
for all the people moaning about topgear if you dont like it dont watch it! i still think its one of the best shows on t.v atm...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
They were filming in Abergavenny a couple of weeks ago, driving mobility scooters. Random.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Last weeks was back on top form intersting funny and not over scripted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here