• Yes we can :)

Votes: 138 93.2%
  • No we can't :(

Votes: 10 6.8%

• Total voters

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Yes we can. I've said since Christmas that we'll find form and go on a huge winning run and I think this is just starting. We have a game in hand on Boro who themselves are in poor form. 6th place is up for grabs, maybe even 5th, but Leicester have a few games in hand.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Always said 7th would be a disappointment, for this particular season.

Given the choice I don't really want to go up, but I'd like to have play off experience to learn from.

Sorry, dont understand it when people say that. What if we don't go up this season and then go down next season. How will you feel then!?

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
So for the past few weeks I've had us chasing Boro whilst scared of Forest behind us. 1:1 with Blackburn put paid to that but last night upset everything.
23rd Feb home wins all round.
2nd March BHA beat Huddersfield & Boro lose/draw to Cardiff will see us top six. Our GD is ten better than Boro.
5 March home wins for BHA & Boro. Still sixth
9 March away wins for BHA & Boro. Still sixth
12 March is our game in hand at Barnsley. A win will put us between 3 & 4 points ahead of Boro.
16/17 March Boro win at home. BHA can afford a draw v Palace (we can win but for now lets accept a draw). Still sixth.
30 March we could come unstuck at Forest with Boro at Wolves. Sixth but could be on GD only.
2 April home wins for BHA & Boro. Sixth but could be on GD only.
6 April Boro at Hull could be nil points. BHA home to Leicester has to be home win but lets say draw to be safe. Sixth by 1 or 2 points.
13 April is a must not lose, a real six pointer. Away to Boro. Lets put down a draw. Sixth by 1 or 2 points.
16 April and we should win at Peterborough. Boro v Forest and lets hope for a draw. Sixth by 3 or 4 points.
20 April will see two wins. Sixth by 3 or 4 points.
27 April Boro should beat Charlton but will Leeds give us anything? Sixth by GD or 1 point.
4 May and it comes down to BHA home to Wolves and Boro away to Sheff Wed. I know which game I'd prefer as a final game.
From there it will be two legs against Udinese or Hull and Palace at Wembley.
In theory we have three points to play with.

you do know, that tho this looks pretty spot on - on paper - now..............that in a few weeks, this will look like complete todswoddle, and twists and turns will come from unexpected places.......there are MANY games left.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Aren't we in a similar position as we were at this time last year (possibly not even as good as we were then)? Actually, just checked a snapshot of the table I took last year and we were 4th with 8 games to go!

We definitely can get into the top 6. I think Gus will have learnt from last year and this time we'll make it.

I think there's a difference though ..during that run last year I always thought we were over achieving ..don't feel the same way this time...if we don't make the play offs it will b an anti climax

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
I think we will just make it but this league is impossible to call.

We have scored the same number of goals as Hull and conceded just 1 more but are 13 points behind them.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I think we will just make it but this league is impossible to call.

We have scored the same number of goals as Hull and conceded just 1 more but are 13 points behind them.

Mental isn't it. M'boro have lost TWICE as many games as us but are above us

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
(possibly not even as good as we were then)?

As a team performances' wise, we are a MUCH better side than last season. I realise you may just be talking about league position though...

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
we can make it but we are going to have to man up big time.......boro are the only ones wobbling at the moment.......forrest , blackburn ,leeds still think they've got a chance ....... we have to go to two of them........we have a better gd than most around us........we need to start winning games convincingly........surely a 2-0 away win against the run away leaders of the league will show the lads that they are more than capable....bring it ,the f*** ,on.....i would be saying..if i were gustavo...:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I thought we'd finish 7th this year - I still do. But if the question is 'Can' we finish in the top 6, the answer is 'yes', obviously.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Until fairly recently I would have agreed with that statement. However, with the silly money being bandied about the Premiership for tv rights from next season, I am starting to think it is actually becoming quite important to go up this season. If we don't, the teams coming down with all their parachute money are going to make it much more difficult for us, and even if we do screw it up and come straight back down, at least then, we will have the parachute payments ourselves. I also fear our better players (Bridders, Vicente, Buckley etc) may well be poached if we don't go up.

Agreed - much as I hate the £ driven premiership, I think that the club needs to get there at least for while and then we will see. As long as we don't throw silly money at avoiding relegation when it is threatened it would be a lucrative move. Also I think that both the traveling and home supporters would enjoy a season or two of Premiership football.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agreed - much as I hate the £ driven premiership, I think that the club needs to get there at least for while and then we will see. As long as we don't throw silly money at avoiding relegation when it is threatened it would be a lucrative move. Also I think that both the traveling and home supporters would enjoy a season or two of Premiership football.
I would never expect us to stroll in and be top 6 mini league competitive.

I just don't think we would enjoy a season being in the bottom 6 mini league.

The whole club has been turned around based on success.
I'm not convinced all the foundations are in place to naturally progress.

NSC certainly isn't, it couldn't cope with losing 4-0 to Wigan. :lol:

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Yes. Sticking with my original prediction of 4th. Now is the time we need to go on the run to get us there.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
So for the past few weeks I've had us chasing Boro whilst scared of Forest behind us. 1:1 with Blackburn put paid to that but last night upset everything.
2nd March BHA beat Huddersfield & Boro lose/draw to Cardiff will see us top six. Our GD is ten better than Boro.
12 March is our game in hand at Barnsley. A win will put us between 3 & 4 points ahead of Boro.
16/17 March Boro win at home. BHA can afford a draw v Palace (we can win but for now lets accept a draw). Still sixth.
30 March we could come unstuck at Forest with Boro at Wolves. Sixth but could be on GD only.
6 April Boro at Hull could be nil points. BHA home to Leicester has to be home win but lets say draw to be safe. Sixth by 1 or 2 points.
13 April is a must not lose, a real six pointer. Away to Boro. Lets put down a draw. Sixth by 1 or 2 points.
16 April and we should win at Peterborough. Boro v Forest and lets hope for a draw. Sixth by 3 or 4 points.
27 April Boro should beat Charlton but will Leeds give us anything? Sixth by GD or 1 point.
4 May and it comes down to BHA home to Wolves and Boro away to Sheff Wed. I know which game I'd prefer as a final game.

So is it a yes or a no?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

If the scores go as you predict then we'll be on 79 points and Boro on 78 - should see us battling for 5th and 6th not 6th and 7th.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
images[2].jpg

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Yes we can but will we? All along this season I have not thought we would but we now have better than a 50:50 chance I believe. As for not wanting us to go up - a view I understand but not agree with - I was in Norwich at the weekend speaking to some ardent City supporters. They are not enjoying the football as much this or last season but the odd game pops up which shows that Norwich can compete at this level against many of the teams. None of them want to go back to the Championship though.They reckon it's been worth at least £50 million to the club compared with a season in the Championship. Set that against our £8 million pa loss and you can see the attraction of promotion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here