Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Millard

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
incredibly sad news, a real Albion legend!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
RIP, he was a regular at the Amex too, pretty sure I saw him before the Derby game.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
RIP, he was a regular at the Amex too, pretty sure I saw him before the Derby game.
Unusually for someone who lived through a previous "Golden Age" he remained an enthusiastic advocate for the modern day Albion and he loved the Amex...

Some of his classic commentary and a minute's applause please tomorrow.

Mr Albion

Nov 7, 2003
brighton
RIP Tony Millard, the number for Albion information, every day, 24 hours a day. May his sheepskin jacket rest in fleece.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Gutted to hear of this. I loved Tony's commentaries, especially in the seventies. R.I.P. Tony and thanks.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Very sad news. Millard was a true Albion media legend and along with Vinnicombe, who provided brilliant and passionate coverage of the Albion in the mid 80's when i first began supporting Albion. R.I.P Tony Millard.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Very sad news. Millard was a true Albion media legend and along with Vinnicombe, who provided brilliant and passionate coverage of the Albion in the mid 80's when i first began supporting Albion. R.I.P Tony Millard.

Agree, along with Stavros on the football specials.

RIP

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Millard and Vinnecombe were THE voices of the Albion in their various medias.
RIP, and continue doing your thing up above.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Very sad news. It was wonderful and a privilege to connect his passionate radio commentary to the live action of the Liverpool (1983), Doncaster (1997) and Hereford (1997) games all those years ago.

In case anyone's interested, I also wrote a retrospective piece on the Seagulls Line a few months ago.
http://thegoldstonewrap.com/2013/07/03/seagull-line-brighton-8049/

RIP Tony. An Albion great.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Blimey I was only talking to him a couple of weeks ago of at cricket in ditching.

Didn't appear to be unwell.

Very sad news indeed...and a real legend in local media. Whilst Harty and I were doing the radio, it was a treat to chat with him. He had some very forthright views on the way the albion were going and some of the players around at the time.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
RIP Tony.

Glad he got to see the Amex, unlike so many others who have followed the club in various capacities.

I sometimes wonder what stage the Albion will have reached when I kick the bucket. It would be infuriating to die when there was unfinished business.

At least Tony got to witness the settling in period at the Amex and the Gus era from start to finish. Not a bad time to sign off, maybe.

A sad loss nonetheless. I imagine that many of us will never forget that voice.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
You've called the seagull line on Brighton 8049, Albion information 24 hours a day...................................kept us going before the digital age. RIP Tony a Legend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here