Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Millard

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hereford "highlights" with Tony's commentary. There is a man with a real emotional connection to his subject.

[video=vimeo;23283912]http://vimeo.com/23283912[/video]

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Sad News if true, does anyone have a photo of him, never seen one

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Used to be in the programme every game I think, during the Goldstone era. With brown sheepskin jacket, natch.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Goodbye Tony, said with a heavy heart.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Sorry to hear the news, not only an Albion legend but also the at cricket and speedway, I guess he may have turned his hand to commentating on other sports too. He used to pop up on TV or radio reports from all sorts of locations, I'm sure he was only reporting from Priestfield or similar last week. He brought great passion and enthusiasm to his role.

I recall Tony from the 70's/80s when I used to steward at The Goldstone and Tony being one of the first reporters to wear the full length thermal quilted football coats. No doubt it was cosy but the diminutive Mr Millard looked a bit like a Hobbit. I think he even had his trademark comb-over back then.

The other local commentator I recall from that era was Fred Dineage, funnily enough he was also a fan of the long football coat and sported a comb-over too - but he wasn't half as amenable as Tony Millard.

RIP.

Jimmy Grimble

Sad news :(

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Just spoken to a friend who was with him at Eastbourne yesterday ( Tony was umpiring ) and he said he was in sparkling form. It was obviously very sudden. Tony had a triple heart bypass a few years ago so I'm guessing it may have been a heart attack.
He was a stalwart of Sussex sport and will be sadly missed.
RIP.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Was up at Skegness Speedway a few summers ago with the family on a summer holiday something to do tip (not usually a Speedway fan) and I thought I know that voice when he came on over the tannoy. Wanted to seek him out and give him a 'Seagulls'

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Still trying to get confirmation...am contacting people who have known him for years.

I think the fact the Argus are reporting it probably makes it official now :(

On the right.

2604934.jpg

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Very sorry to hear this, if true. Did a week's work experience at his office back in '88, coinciding with us getting promoted out of what's now League One under Barry Lloyd. A terrific experience; he put up with me trailing around after him to the County Ground, Southern Sound's studios etc. An absolute gent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here