Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No - your REAL point is 'Shit - the club have done something good and hard to criticise. How can I come up with yet another way to make it sound as if everything's falling apart and yet still sound reasonable at the same time?' Change the record or at least admit that you only come on here as a wind-up merchant

When you learn to read properly and understand what you are reading then you will realize that I am actually praising the club, board, DK etc as THEY are the ones that are probably picking up the tab for this transfer and that Tony Bloom will only pay if they fail to meet the repayments.:shootself

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
However it was funded it ultimately comes under the "BHA have shelled out 300k" headline .....so we have money + I couldnt care less where it came from

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
A gaurantee is only as good as the person has the money to meet his obligations, what I am asking is if, and I have no reason to suspect that it will happen. he lost his money and couldnt honour the gaurantee I would assume that the burden would fall at the feet of the other directors.

Not much of a GUARANTEE then, is it? More like a vague suggestion that if you don't piss the money up the wall on something else you might be willing to give it for this purpose. Doesn't sound like the way most people do business to me.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
LI is still writing his rubbish on Brightonfans, but they are not permitted to post contentious issues so he is able to post on there ok.

It really is crap as well, the stuff that LI posts on there.

Well done and thanks Mr Bloom. As ever, it's really appreciated.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
When you learn to read properly and understand what you are reading then you will realize that I am actually praising the club, board, DK etc as THEY are the ones that are probably picking up the tab for this transfer and that Tony Bloom will only pay if they fail to meet the repayments.:shootself
Then perhaps you should learn to write more clearly as everything you write on here has the whiff of somebody who would rather Dick Knight wasn't around and that even what faint praise you give seems almost stuck in your throat. If you were able to actually find something good to say without questioning or qualifying it with a 'but, what if...' then I'd be prepared to take it at face value, but instead it all sounds like it comes from someone harbouring an old grudge

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Without wishing to sound a killjoy one would assume that he didnt actually pay all of the cash but gauranteed it, which is the usual way of doing transfers, what would happen if he lost a couple of million at poker rather than won it and was unable to meet the transfer payments.

A gaurantee is only as good as the person has the money to meet his obligations, what I am asking is if, and I have no reason to suspect that it will happen. he lost his money and couldnt honour the gaurantee I would assume that the burden would fall at the feet of the other directors.

My point is that unless he actually stumped up the £300k which nobody knows, other than a chosen few, the club are still responsible for any repayments and any future payments, so to say he has bankrolled the signing may not be entirely true.

When you learn to read properly and understand what you are reading then you will realize that I a actually praising the club, board, DK etc as THEY are the ones that are probably picking up the tab for this transfer and that Tony Bloom will only pay if they fail to meet the repayments.:shootself

i can read and understand you perfectly. what you seem to have done he is made an assupmtion, that it is a guarantee not actually up front cash, then portrayed that to be a fact and gone on to make your point based on this unfounded believe and finally twisted it to imply that the others at the club are the ones paying and Bloom only gets involved if they cant find the cash (and he hasnt "lost" all his money). effectivly, you are suggesting it is the club that are guaranteeing his pledge to put money in to buy the player. this does not make sence.

maybe, he may just have injected the cash upfront, or is that too far out there ???

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I'm not sure of Tony Bloom's own history. But I don't particularly like the Bloom surname, ever since one of the Bloom boys touted Hereford tickets in 1997 at vastly over-inflated prices.

I paid £150 for three tickets (face value was £6, I think) - and I was fortunate enough to see an unforgettable moment in the Albion's history. But it has always grated on me that the director's son was making money out of the club's potential demise, because as far as I was aware he had lots of tickets to sell.

Ho hum...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here