Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom - Sami is here to stay

From today's Argus - Tony Bloom: Sami Hyypia is here to stay

Tony Bloom expects the Finn to be at the club "for many years to come".

"I have every faith with Sami and Nathan's coaching team and the players that we will come through and it will make us stronger."

"I'm absolutely loving being chairman of this great football club. I have absolutely no intention of selling. I think I will be here for many years to come."

Tony Bloom just gone up a notch in my admiration chart!:bowdown:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I would like to know which performances he believes were excellent.
Cardiff maybe (but they were between managers), but bar that

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Good, Sami should be given until xmas at least, if were rock bottom by then and look a total shambles i am sure Mr Bloom will look at it again, but we really are not that far off being a half decent side

As for selling the club. I never for one minute thought he was going too, just the doom mongers spreading there joy.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Oh dear. The best thing I could say about Sami is there has a mild improvement in tactics in the last two games, but even that is clutching at straws after Gardner and JFC holding against Wigan. Is Tony too nice?

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Spineless? No we just want the best for our club and the current manager and players show no sign of meeting even the most modest of aspirations which, I suggest, would involve staying in the Championship.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Spineless? No we just want the best for our club and the current manager and players show no sign of meeting even the most modest of aspirations which, I suggest, would involve staying in the Championship.

But you haven't even given them a chance! I'm not saying everything is rosy, far from it, but you've got to give them a chance. So what if we have a mediocre season, flirt with relegatoon, but end up mid table, these things happen. I use to sit there and laugh at clubs like Wolves, Leeds and Sheffield Wed where fans thought they should always be in the top 6 every season, but it seems we have gone that way as well.

There has been so much change over the last 5 years and whilst the club hasn't helped itself with its "Premier League Ready" slogan, a season or two of treading water, sorting the off the field finances out is fine by me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
But you haven't even given them a chance! I'm not saying everything is rosy, far from it, but you've got to give them a chance. So what if we have a mediocre season, flirt with relegatoon, but end up mid table, these things happen. I use to sit there and laugh at clubs like Wolves, Leeds and Sheffield Wed where fans thought they should always be in the top 6 every season, but it seems we have gone that way as well.

There has been so much change over the last 5 years and whilst the club hasn't helped itself with its "Premier League Ready" slogan, a season or two of treading water, sorting the off the field finances out is fine by me.

Tend to agree, I haven't been very impressed by Hyypia but if he can keep us in this division then I'll be happy. I have long since given up on an exciting promotion charge this year. It is all about staying in this division. Can't help feeling that we will lose a large chunk of season ticket holders next year though.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Bit complacent IMHO. Flirting with relegation is a dangerous game. And 'a season or two of treading water' would have a disastrous effect on attendances and therefore revenue, leading to lower playing budgets etc etc.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Bit complacent IMHO. Flirting with relegation is a dangerous game. And 'a season or two of treading water' would have a disastrous effect on attendances and therefore revenue, leading to lower playing budgets etc etc.

I think that you need to accept that we are not going to be competing with many in this division on the player outlay. How clear does it need to be? You'll still be here although many probably won't until we hit the heights again.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think that you need to accept that we are not going to be competing with many in this division on the player outlay. How clear does it need to be?

So how do we tread water if 'we are not going to be competing with many in this division on the player outlay'? If we don't compete, the only way is down.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So how do we tread water if 'we are not going to be competing with many in this division on the player outlay'? If we don't compete, the only way is down.

We can compete with the bottom third I would have thought and try to overachieve :smile:

Following the Albion has always been a rollercoaster, we have had the up over the last 5 years we are on the down again, let's hope it's just a little one not a plummet!!

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean

If we finish midtable then fine, but for the first time I think we could get relegated, I havn't seen anything to think we are improving and the teams around us are picking up points.

You can't always win,we are a league higher than we were when i started watching the Albion 44 years ago that's the reality.What would be better a promotion push in div 1 or getting stuffed each week in the premier league? Just enjoy the football that's on offer and be pleased we have a fan chairman a roof over your head and a comfy place to plant your arse:moo:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Tend to agree, I haven't been very impressed by Hyypia but if he can keep us in this division then I'll be happy. I have long since given up on an exciting promotion charge this year. It is all about staying in this division. Can't help feeling that we will lose a large chunk of season ticket holders next year though.

I agree with this. For success with the current set up Hyypia needs to find a personality, Jones needs to find some gravitas and Bloom needs to find £13m to invest in the right players.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I'm quite looking forward to League one next season, I think the North stand could become un-allocated seating, thus improving the atmosphere.
And we're bound to be louder than a lot of away teams as only one man and his dog will turn up.
Shrewd business Mr Bloom, by getting relegated you will stop all the moans of long queues and poor service at the concourse bars, and have a happy fanbase once again.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I'm quite looking forward to League one next season, I think the North stand could become un-allocated seating, thus improving the atmosphere.
And we're bound to be louder than a lot of away teams as only one man and his dog will turn up.
Shrewd business Mr Bloom, by getting relegated you will stop all the moans of long queues and poor service at the concourse bars, and have a happy fanbase once again.

Wonder if the east upper or west upper will be one of the stands to close...... Maybe a poll to follow on which stands will shut next season in league 1 :moo:

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Let's be honest , the comments about Hyypia are pretty meaningless. If we are bottom of the table by Christmas do you think Bloom would be happy to keep faith? Nice to see that he has no intention of selling though, I doubt he would have said that unless he meant it.

This.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here