Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tony Bloom Just Sign a Proper Striker. End of.

Goberpiles

Feb 25, 2017
Anyone read the official Twitter? The South African fans not happy that Tau was recalled to bench warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Palarse had 11 players behind the bal on most occaisions . . . . we know from experience we can't pass the ball in when opposition only have 5 behind the ball, but we keep banging on the same door time and time again. That's Potters tactic.

no one will shoot!!!! yes hpop shots go over the bar, get deflected etc etc, but one has to go in. yuou need to act quick and get a shot off though . . . . we're too slow and methodical for that, and it's not a winning tactic against half a doxzen or so teams in the PL.

Its funny because its very much not true.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Over nearly 400 league games, Lallana has a strike rate of about 1 : 6....Welbeck in nearly 250 about 1: 5.
If they both played the best part of a season and maintained those strike rates, that would be enough for us. The trouble is, neither seems likely to get in enough game time and on current evidence, have forgotten where the goal is.

They were brought into the squad to add PL experience and improve us as a team. Lallana has been OK, in fact quite good on occasion when he has played but he is another barn door billy in front of goal. Welbeck does not inspire me in the least but he did score a cracker against Villa. Both too injury prone and overall massive disappointments to me. Thank God Mac has come good and relegated Lallana, when fit, to being a late sub.

Goberpiles

Feb 25, 2017
Mac just needs to get a shot on target it’s either blocked or off target so annoying.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Palarse had 11 players behind the bal on most occaisions . . . . we know from experience we can't pass the ball in when opposition only have 5 behind the ball, but we keep banging on the same door time and time again. That's Potters tactic.

no one will shoot!!!! yes hpop shots go over the bar, get deflected etc etc, but one has to go in. yuou need to act quick and get a shot off though . . . . we're too slow and methodical for that, and it's not a winning tactic against half a doxzen or so teams in the PL.

I agree. I just don’t understand why we don’t counter these tactics by doing the same. A game of cat and mouse, draw the opposition out and quickly counter attack. Might be worth trying so we are not so one dimensional.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Two points :

a. Feel free to pay for the unicorn striker .... I'm sure you can afford it.

b. Who is this unicorn striker we should be buying ?

Can you actually read? As I said in my post we could sell either one of our top assets or as others have pointed out sell some of the many squad players we have to fund the purchase.

I would have liked to see us sign one of Watkins, Wilson or Edouard in the summer. I see Villa, Newcastle. Southampton as teams we should be competing with. And what have they all got, that’s right, a very good out and out centre forward.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Can you actually read? As I said in my post we could sell either one of our top assets or as others have pointed out sell some of the many squad players we have to fund the purchase.

I would have liked to see us sign one of Watkins, Wilson or Edouard in the summer. I see Villa, Newcastle. Southampton as teams we should be competing with. And what have they all got, that’s right, a very good out and out centre forward.

Who is Southampton out and out centre forward? Danny Ings with 1 goal more than Maupay?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mac just needs to get a shot on target it’s either blocked or off target so annoying.

Agreed but he brings so much more to the team than Lallana imo and is not knackered after 20 mins. Neither are much of a goal threat in fairness.

Goberpiles

Feb 25, 2017
Agreed but he brings so much more to the team than Lallana imo and is not knackered after 20 mins. Neither are much of a goal threat in fairness.

Yer he is really good, Lallana looked good early season but coming on as sub has looked unfit and off the pace which is a real shame.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Andone could be the answer given what we have seen he's capable of. Got to get his head in the right place admittedly but we do already own him.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I think we all need to calm down a bit. Of course last night hurts but this season is to all intents and purposes following the previous 3 we've had in the Premier League.

You surely don’t think everyone has the same opinion and attitude do you?

I am quite calm and confident we will be safe.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
I think Lallana and Welbeck were supposed to give us that. Both have been injury prone and in Lallana’s case embarrassingly awful in front of goal. An expensive gamble gone very wrong so far.

The money they are costing ( 2 goals between them ) would have covered a year long loan for Olivier Giroud

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The money they are costing ( 2 goals between them ) would have covered a year long loan for Olivier Giroud

Which would have been great if he had any interest in joining Brighton and if Chelsea had any interest in letting him go to Brighton, both of which are highly unlikely.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Aguero contract up at Man City this summer. Could be worth breaking the bank for?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Well let's make sure we get one with the extended guarantee, because I guess when we splash out on this one special out and out striker, we will have to take a chance and won't be able to use the benefit of half a season's hindsight before we sign them.

Obviously, we wouldn't want to take a risk and get a Depoitre, Mousset, Locadia, Sturridge, Kean, Higuain, Benteke, Morata, Joelinton, Haller etc. We would want to be sure we were signing someone who is proven in the Premier like Wilson, Watkins (who we now know is proven because we have half a season's hindsight) or Edouard (who is proven in Scotland !) and isn't going to get injured :)

Last edited:

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Who is Southampton out and out centre forward? Danny Ings with 1 goal more than Maupay?

Are you honestly suggesting that Danny Ings isn’t a better player than Maupay? Is that really what you are trying to elude to? Like, for real?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Are you honestly suggesting that Danny Ings isn’t a better player than Maupay? Is that really what you are trying to elude to? Like, for real?

I'm just saying, Danny Ings has 1 more goal than Maupay this season :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here