Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tony Bloom Just Sign a Proper Striker. End of.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I have had enough of fans making excuses about budgets and finances. If need be sell either White or Bissouma to fund it.

None of our current strikers are good enough for what we need. We have tried doing it on the cheap so many times and in different ways

I will always be grateful for what Bloom does for us but enough is enough. This has been a huge blind spot and needs sorted next season.

in all seriousness, what do you think, tony thinks?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I have had enough of fans making excuses about budgets and finances. If need be sell either White or Bissouma to fund it.

None of our current strikers are good enough for what we need. We have tried doing it on the cheap so many times and in different ways

I will always be grateful for what Bloom does for us but enough is enough. This has been a huge blind spot and needs sorted next season.

cavani? or just geroud?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Been also saying this for a while now.

I'm wishing we sell a lot of fringe players (Ali J, Tau, release Izquierdo, Ryan, Bernardo, Duffy, Locadia, maybe even Propper if he's not going to be played)....surely that gives enough for a decent striker?

I do wonder with how good we play & still lose, how high up the table would we be with a top class striker 😲

yeah, but how do you sell those players?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
We are not far off those wages now. Lallana reportedly earning not far shy of £100k same with Dunk.

I agree we need to sell and reinvest where we really need it.

so, how much would you sell them for, and to whom?

have you thought this through?

again,

why are you not in football recruitment?

cos you would make a shitload more money

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Sorry but lallana is not the answer a waste of money and a sick note defo a backwards step and if those wages are true wot a waste could of been spent better on a better quality striker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soopercool, i luv a volunteer

another mindless fukwit

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Who is this striker and who is going to pay for him? There's no money. Look at the last transfer window, fecking Liverpool who sells a billion t-shirts in China and probably got McDonalds sponsoring their arse hairs had 42 central defenders injured and all they could afford to get was some miserable loan defender from Schalke and "Ben Davies" from some Championship team. There's no money.

YOU are our striker, and YOU will have to pay your own way, initially

and if you don't bag a goal every other game, we'll cut y' balls off' yeah?

book your one way flight

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
It is fair to say that we have taken on 2 injury prone players with the experience and pedigree to give us goals in the hope that it was going to work out, both been injured since they arrived.
Next season is next season, we need to find some goals now with the players we have, somehow.
As for Maupay, it is an extroardinary run of missed chances for the game time he gets but he is a good striker, he has shown that, it is all a bit bizzare.

i think the two sicknotes were signed as insurance, if our kids didn't produce, not as the main act

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Zeqiri has a decent chance of coming good. Was good at freaking Juventus.

Tolaj has a decent chance to be good. He has broken records for any nation, scoring in his country’s youth International sides.

Gyokeres has played for the Sweden full International side. They’re not dreadful even if not as good as have been.

Emmerson has come with huge potential.

Mlakar has had some very good loans but some less good when not playing a regular part. Some predict the best of the lot.

Some of those options are 22/23 and have experience at top clubs. There are other strikers in the academy too.

However what we’ve done with the senior team is constantly buy wide ‘forwards’ instead of strikers. Welbeck, Tau, Ali J, Trossard, Izquierdo, Locadia. We then have pressing forwards to play alone up top as a result.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
That ponderous play created 25 shots, that's a huge amount. Some of those chances were gilt edged almost certainties yet no we missed them and the best, Lallana's weren't even on sodding target.

It's not the ponderous play that's the issue. (Apart from the first half was poor overall)

Quite clearly it is, or we'd have scored. How long did it take Pace to make their move and score, either goal ?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Quite clearly it is, or we'd have scored. How long did it take Pace to make their move and score, either goal ?

Quite clearly not. You dont automatically score because you attack quick. Agree the play was slow in first half but there were plenty of rapid attacks in second, just like the team made plenty of quick attacks against Fulham and Villa.

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
We should never of binned off Andone, always thought he was & is a better striker than Maupay. Maupay's decision making in & around the box is abysmal, he's greedy, selfish & often takes too many touches. Not good enough of a striker to warrant having those traits.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
We are not far off those wages now. Lallana reportedly earning not far shy of £100k same with Dunk.

I agree we need to sell and reinvest where we really need it.

Sorry where has this been reported. I haven't seen this anywhere previously.

Genuine question, as I have been under the impression our wage structure has a top level of around £50-60k per week.
My understanding was Lallana was on about £100k a week but we got around that with a signing on bonus and offering a two year contract.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Quite clearly not. You dont automatically score because you attack quick. Agree the play was slow in first half but there were plenty of rapid attacks in second, just like the team made plenty of quick attacks against Fulham and Villa.

Honest question but why don’t we match tactics like we saw last night ? Last season we were drawing out the opposition and were happy at times to concede possession. In games like yesterday we just continue attacking but are unable to get behind the packed defence.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Two points :

a. Feel free to pay for the unicorn striker .... I'm sure you can afford it.

b. Who is this unicorn striker we should be buying ?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Honest question but why don’t we match tactics like we saw last night ? Last season we were drawing out the opposition and were happy at times to concede possession. In games like yesterday we just continue attacking but are unable to get behind the packed defence.

Brighton had more possession last season than this one and similar troubles, hence the similar results. Some things have improved, there is more directness to the game, but on the other hand some things have turned more difficult - like opposing teams knowing that they will be punished by Brighton combination plays if they go forward with too many players. All in all its probably going to result in similar - give or take a couple of points - position in the table as last season. I'm not on the "Maupay is shite" bandwagon, but the easiest way of getting out of the pattern of struggling against difficult defenses is to a) get a striker who is a threat in the air, forcing teams to defend in a different way, and/or b) find/develop someone who is able to contribute with 7-10 goals from the "Lampard (or Bruno Fernandes to be more modern) area" around the edges of the box.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here