Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom is totally deluded!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Hmm not sure Oscar saw it that way. From today's Argus.

Oscar's departure from Albion was rooted in frustrations over the recruitment set-up and playing budget constraints.

He found chairman Tony Bloom's criticism of his communication skills in the immediate aftermath particularly unfair and hurtful but resisted the temptation to bite back.

He didn't seem to have a problem communicating with Andy Naylor did he, but it was nice to hear the reason for going was as many thought the recruitment policy. I think Sami has already dropped a couple of hints he is not impressed either.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Sure, arguably third tier - but this was meant to be our golden age now?

Yes the test is whether Bloom spends the extra money the FFP allows. All signs are that he doesn't want to. And yes cue the self-righteous brigade who say we have no right to expect him too - except for the fact that the club decided to sell a vision of Premiership football to fill the stadium.

It's that difference between promise/reality that means the perienniel old-style boardroom critics like Harty are getting more of a hearing now.

His comments about Oscar

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nobody really knows the story behind Gus leaving or indeed Oscar but it seems strange that 2 should have left without giving a reason. So surely TB will have to consider the possible reason, at least I would have thought so.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Nobody really knows the story behind Gus leaving or indeed Oscar but it seems strange that 2 should have left without giving a reason. So surely TB will have to consider the possible reason, at least I would have thought so.

So Oscar saying to Naylor that " Oscars departure from the Albion was rooted in frustrations over the recruitment set up and playing budget constraints" is not spelling it out then?

I think that is a more conclusive statement than we may have hit the ceiling.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I said perhaps TB will consider the point and act accordingly but I am not sure just sacking the existing recruitment team is the answer. Perhaps make some adjustment to the process amd system is needed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So Oscar saying to Naylor that " Oscars departure from the Albion was rooted in frustrations over the recruitment set up and playing budget constraints" is not spelling it out then?

I think that is a more conclusive statement than we may have hit the ceiling.

So much more classy from Oscar, no public dummy spitting just walking away, after delivering the playoffs, because it turned out that it wasn't the job he thought it would be. I am still pissed that we never saw the team that Oscar would have built, although it would still have ended badly due to his health issues.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
So much more classy from Oscar, no public dummy spitting just walking away, after delivering the playoffs, because it turned out that it wasn't the job he thought it would be. I am still pissed that we never saw the team that Oscar would have built, although it would still have ended badly due to his health issues.

But then again there was not the bad blood that already existed between the manager and the CEO with Oscar. Barber I think was brought in to curtail Gus and by March I think he had achieved it.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
I have just been reading his open and frank comments at the 'Seagulls Over Larrrrndon' meet up and overall the majority even though open and honest still looks to me like a total pile of shite and delusion of the highest order.

Every single player we have brought into the club to replace the players lost over the past two transfer windows has either been worse or much worse than what we lost & for him to carry on saying that we have a very competitive championship squad to me is simply ridiculous and overall I don't see much reason to be positive baring one scraped and lucky win against a very poor Wigan team. This surely is a pride thing were battling with, he should be coming out and at least touching on the fact of addressing that our recruitment policy is flawed with sweeping changes required adding that we messed up by dismantling a very decent team and replacing them with plan C targets that no-one else really wanted.

Judge me at the end of the transfer window - The judge finds you and the recruitment team guilty of poor signings and guilty of not managing to nail down the A list targets such as Clayton, Grabban, Ward.

The likes of Kuschack, Ward and Upson in defence has left us with no leaders at the back. The loss of Bridcutt and replacement with Holla hasn't worked and the loss of Ulloa and no real target man.

I do feel for Sami slightly in all of this, he has inherited a poor group of players with no real leaders in the team, no1 stepping up and driving us forward and I think he's out of his depth. We look like a ghost ship with a skeleton crew going aimlessly through the seas with no1 behind the wheel guiding us.

It just shows you how quickly a team can fall from grace, I appreciate the club is still learning it's way into the world of the championship but I fear this season is going to prove that were going to learn the hard way!

Whilst i can agree with some of that, there's no way i can agree with toney bloom being deluded.
There's no way he could of got to where he is by being a deluded. I appreciate your not happy with the current situation as im not either, but to call mr bloom names ( not saying exempt from criticism ) is a bit ungrateful.

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
Whilst i can agree with some of that, there's no way i can agree with toney bloom being deluded.
There's no way he could of got to where he is by being a deluded. I appreciate your not happy with the current situation as im not either, but to call mr bloom names ( not saying exempt from criticism ) is a bit ungrateful.

A bit ungrateful? Are you on a wind up?

We all know the great work Bloom has done for this club and his family included but that doesn't make him beyond criticism. The transfer window just gone was a shambles and he still bleats on that it was a success and that this a squad capable of competing at the top end of this league, that appears to either be delusion or a pride issue or blind hope, whatever the case might be the signs point in the direction that we've lost too much quality and replaced said quality with average/poor players.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

We all know the great work Bloom has done for this club and his family included but that doesn't make him beyond criticism. The transfer window just gone was a shambles and he still bleats on that it was a success and that this a squad capable of competing at the top end of this league, that appears to either be delusion or a pride issue or blind hope, whatever the case might be the signs point in the direction that we've lost too much quality and replaced said quality with average/poor players.

& a below average/poor manager who confused & exhausted the previously good players with his thick headed & ill-considered system

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton

Which is why i said -not excempt from any criticism :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here