Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom is to blame for the mess we are in....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can't believe what I'm reading. Ungrateful idiots.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We need to buy him out and have a select board of NSC members run things.
Nothing less will save the club.

I pledge £10.

You're being far too subtle with your (continued) point. What you need to say is that to buy out TB and run the club your own way, it'll cost every adult season ticket holder a one off contribution of around £14k - plus £600-700 a season unless you want a CEO like Barber cutting costs and maximising fan revenue.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Yes it is ultimately his fault, I cannot deny that but..........

........what the f**k do you want from him? Do you just want your pound of flesh out of Tony Bloom after all he's done? Do you want him put in stocks to publicly humiliate himself - will that make you feel better? (that goes for every other selfish pr*ck on this board digging out Bloom :tosser:)

Our options are Bloom or nothing, the bloke is irreplacable so why abuse him like this? I'm sure he's hurting about all this right now, he doesn't need the fans abusing him. Bloom is the one person we should all be backing, regardless of him mistakes. We NEED him here for the long term

Absolutely this Billy. How can so many round on the bloke. I'm speechless with such utter spiteful, thoughtless, unfair and ungrateful criticism

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Possibly BHA's best ever manager kicked out,all the best players sold and replaced with mediocre players with no feeling for the club or manager,board members with short arms and long pockets.
Of course Bloom is to blame.
He IS the club and the club is doing crap.....therefore HE is doing crap.
End of.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Which was exactly the point I was making on the other threads. Ungrateful *******s doesnt come close for someone spending £200,000,000 of HIS OWN MONEY!!!

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
It's catch 22 with Bloom. We need his money and he is a fan but he's made some mistakes. He struck lucky with Poyet but how he and the board dealt with the death throes of Poyet's tenure were amateur to say the least. Then when Oscar leaves he goes on record slagging Oscar off. A dignified silence both times would have been better.

Now we have a squad cut back to the bare bones and it was possibly the plan to play a different way - why ? Poyet built a decent way of playing and Oscar continued it more or less. Why start again ? Why were TK, Upson and Olandi allowed to go ? They had nowhere else to go at the time. I'll give him Ulloa - that kind of money and standing in the way of a move to the Premier League made the situation inevitable.

Will Bloom put his hands up ? Let's wait and see.

Spot on.

& apart from the Oscar slagging all we've really heard so far is "judge us at the end of the (September) transfer window" & "this is a top six squad"...

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Every chairman makes a bad appointment every now and then, his previous choices have done excellent, it's how you react to getting it wrong, it's fair to say now is the time for action and as ever I believe Tony will do what is nessecary.

Hopefully you are right :thumbsup:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
You're being far too subtle with your (continued) point. What you need to say is that to buy out TB and run the club your own way, it'll cost every adult season ticket holder a one off contribution of around £14k - plus £600-700 a season unless you want a CEO like Barber cutting costs and maximising fan revenue.

It's sincere. I have PayPal. I just need an address.
And a lot of other people to do the same thing.
Because it's the right thing.
It doesn't have to make sense if it's right.
Arithmetic is for accountants. Not for fans.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He is the 1 who has employed these goons. He is the 1 who sanctioned the sale of our best players. He is the 1 who agreed to buy/loan the wally's he have replaced them with. He is the blame for the mess we are in, the buck stops with him. Yeh he's done great things but hes also made some crazy decisions too. He needs to grow some balls, admit his mistakes, get rid of the goons or we are certain to find ourselves playing Fleetwood in League 1. Either that or sell up. The arselickers are no doubt going to shoot me down but i really dont give a shit. Enough is Enough.

I agree that the buck stops with TB, and that therefore he is likely to be criticised for some of the decisions he has made - but, he has shelled out £200M and done a whole lot of good for our club - a BIG whole lot. I do hope that the questioning of some of his recent decisions (ie appointments he has made) does not turn into an 'Anti-Bloom' agenda, because 'Bloom out' is the last thing we need......let's be critical where we feel it is justified, but let's not forget the gratitude part either.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
"Without Tony Bloom we wouldn't be in this mess, we would probably be at Withdean in Div 4. Get a grip "
Yes but whilst he has put tens perhaps hundreds of millions into the club and its infrastructure and we are Championship side. He like every other fan will be bitterly dissappointed at current situation. It is he who calls the tune/purse strings and presumably he who signed Hypia.However I feel all is not lost, Bent does look like the player we needed months ago. I only hope we can keep him longer than Dec.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I agree that the buck stops with TB, and that therefore he is likely to be criticised for some of the decisions he has made - but, he has shelled out £200M and done a whole lot of good for our club - a BIG whole lot. I do hope that the questioning of some of his recent decisions (ie appointments he has made) does not turn into an 'Anti-Bloom' agenda, because 'Bloom out' is the last thing we need......let's be critical where we feel it is justified, but let's not forget the gratitude part either.

he needs to wake from the stupor he is in then, great bloke do tons for the club, if he only does one more thing I ask of him to sort this bloody mess out

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The OP has such a track record in being an idiot that he is currently being sought by a number of villages to represent them.
I wouldn't have posted if this was just the view of the OP, but with 21 thumbs up, and 1 thumbs down, I guess I'm in the minority that is both extremely grateful to TB, and trusting of his judgement.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yesterday was dreadful, the season overall has been a bit crap, but that's always been the way with the Albion.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Not wishing to split hairs, but XXXXX of TB's 'own' money ???

That would be XXXX of what used to be his gambling customer's money, yes?

And something that is missed, what does a multi-millionaire do with his/her half billion in the bank?

Look at their statement every month and work out the interest?

Or do what people of all means do, and get a 'hobby?'

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Two things, firstly re. Paul Barber, secondly re. Sami Hyypia:

I must say I'd like to know what Paul Barber offered as Chief Executive that Gordon Smith wouldn't have done (if, as claimed on here, Smith did go for the job), as someone who had done a very good job at the Scottish FA, and an Albion man as well. While I fully accept that Poyet basically talked himself out of a job here (and clearly we were below his expectations by the time he told Bloom he wanted to leave), surely Bloom must have known there was a history between him and Barber at Spurs, even if it was Ramos who got the boot. Whatever, it's done a good deal of long-term damage. I remember thinking at the time that Poyet was a highly risky appointment and that his ambitions must have been to be a Premiership manager, which makes me wonder why Bloom appointed him. He would have had far less trouble with Nigel Adkins, even if we would never have got near challenging for the Premiership.

As others have said, we are mostly very grateful for TB's financial contribution. That does not exclude him from criticism, though. Many businessmen have built up a company and then been kicked out - see George Davis of Next for example. Not that I'm saying Bloom should go at all, just that he has made a massive mistake with Hyypia's appointment. Surely if you have the best man for the job and he wants to run things his way (e.g. Sherwood wanting to bring Ferdinand and Ramsey, who may have been excellent coaches), you work out the best way round it, rather than sticking stubbornly to your way, i.e. the recruitment set-up. Feel free to disagree with me - this is a discussion forum after all, but while I don't think Continental football is the problem, after all it went okay under Poyet and may have done so better under Garcia with a fully fit squad, I just don't think the Continental set-up in other areas is suited to the English game - our managers are not used to it and don't want to work with it.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Not wishing to split hairs, but XXXXX of TB's 'own' money ???

That would be XXXX of what used to be his gambling customer's money, yes?

And something that is missed, what does a multi-millionaire do with his/her half billion in the bank?

Look at their statement every month and work out the interest?

Or do what people of all means do, and get a 'hobby?'

Never mind about that--- your new avatar is soooo much better:mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here