Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom is to blame for the mess we are in....

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Fully agree with the OP. Bloom has been the elephant in the room for a while now and fans looking in every other direction trying to point and pin the blame on someone else. The buck stops with him.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
He is the 1 who has employed these goons. He is the 1 who sanctioned the sale of our best players. He is the 1 who agreed to buy/loan the wally's he have replaced them with. He is the blame for the mess we are in, the buck stops with him. Yeh he's done great things but hes also made some crazy decisions too. He needs to grow some balls, admit his mistakes, get rid of the goons or we are certain to find ourselves playing Fleetwood in League 1. Either that or sell up. The arselickers are no doubt going to shoot me down but i really dont give a shit. Enough is Enough.

You like Bloom don't you?

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?311292-Why-does-Bloom-escape-criticism-on-here

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
i feel bloom has to take the blame for the appointment of hyypia and that we havent really replaced ulloa and others with championship or premiership quality

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Every chairman makes a bad appointment every now and then, his previous choices have done excellent, it's how you react to getting it wrong, it's fair to say now is the time for action and as ever I believe Tony will do what is nessecary.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's catch 22 with Bloom. We need his money and he is a fan but he's made some mistakes. He struck lucky with Poyet but how he and the board dealt with the death throes of Poyet's tenure were amateur to say the least. Then when Oscar leaves he goes on record slagging Oscar off. A dignified silence both times would have been better.

Now we have a squad cut back to the bare bones and it was possibly the plan to play a different way - why ? Poyet built a decent way of playing and Oscar continued it more or less. Why start again ? Why were TK, Upson and Olandi allowed to go ? They had nowhere else to go at the time. I'll give him Ulloa - that kind of money and standing in the way of a move to the Premier League made the situation inevitable.

Will Bloom put his hands up ? Let's wait and see.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The comments on this thread are too idiotic for words.
Why?

Bloom may have saved the club, invested a fortune but it doesn't exonerate him from criticism when his decision is shown to be a mistake. He is the only one who can rectify it. Let's hope its quick and decisive.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i feel bloom has to take the blame for the appointment of hyypia and that we havent really replaced ulloa and others with championship or premiership quality

Absolutely spot on.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Why?

Bloom may have saved the club, invested a fortune but it doesn't exonerate him from criticism when his decision is shown to be a mistake. He is the only one who can rectify it. Let's hope its quick and decisive.

They are idiotic because they all read to me as if people are assuming Bloom is an idiot which, manifestly, he is not. This is how I read the situation. First appointment he made as club chairman was absolutely spot on; he took a chance with an unproven manager and it worked out probably beyond his best expectations, other than the falling out at the end. The second appointment was a success, although it did not look to be such a great success due to comparisons with what had gone before. He has now had to make a third appointment in 18 months, unusual for a successful club. This one has not worked out well, no-one can deny that. I would imagine he is giving serious consideration as to what the best step to take next is. Add to that his reputation as a gambler (how many times has he won with a worse hand, I wonder). These in my mind are the reasons for the delay in any managerial change. I doubt very much if it has anything to do with Bloom being too proud to admit he has made a mistake.

And, other than it is, in fairness, his own money by and large that he is gambling with, nothing to do with what he has invested in the club.

That ok?

albionite

May 20, 2009
Without Tony Bloom we wouldn't be in this mess, we would probably be at Withdean in Div 4. Get a grip !

If we was at withdean we would have different expectations, but we are not.

We have a nice new shiny stadium with the largest crowds in championship finishing in play offs last couple of years running, and no I don't believe we over achieved getting there as others have said.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Why were TK, Upson and Olandi allowed to go ?

TK wanted more money, and according to his agent there were plenty of clubs willing to meet his demands in the Premier League, so the club let him go. He is currently warming the bench at Wolves, a club who have conceded 14 goals in their last 4 games.

Upson was offered a contract, and rejected it as we was given the chance to play for Leicester in the Premier League. He has to date made no appearances for them after suffering an injury.

Andrea Orlandi is playing for Blackpool, a side even worse than the Albion. I thought he was great for us in his first season, less so in his second, and deserved a contract.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Let me give you the SC take on current events...

I reckon SH was interviewed, and laid out how he likes to play football

I reckon he was told that's fine, but we recruit the players, so you will have to do it with them

I reckon he said fine, I'll give it a go

As we can see, the system doesn't work with non-Prem quality players, and the results haven't been brilliant

Now, SH is contracted to the club, and would be a fool to walk away without a pay-off

He can keep coming out with the same platitudes after another poor performance/result, as he has been a football professional for many years

The fact that he carries the hopes of many many thousands of people I should imagine isn't going to be high on his list of concerns

Now TB is in a conundrum

The transfer window opens at the beginning of January, and any new manager would, I should imagine, want to bring in players of his own

So, is TB hoping SH will do one, without a pay-off, which is looking very unlikely

Or is it going to be the more likely scenario of SH being P45ed at a cost, and a new guy brought in, as well as a handful of new players?

Either way it will cost, but probably not as much as getting relegated, possibly more than once...

Pecker

Nov 30, 2010
Tony Bloom is to blame for the mess we are in , lovely stadium , playing in the championship, massive supporting infrastructure. Without him ruining everything we could still be enjoying Withdean in Div 4, happy days. What planet are you on ? How many other clubs have a wealthy fan prepared to invest so much. He appears to have been pretty successful in running his businesses and I would guess is even less keen on an empty Amex than you. Tony will sort it out.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Well said that man.

The thing too many fans are refusing to question, is why Poyet and Garica walked away from the job, and why no experienced manager will touch it. It's meant to be one of the most sort after jobs outside the top flight isn't it?

There is something rotton at the club, and until that changes, sacking Hyypia and replacing him with similar will make no difference.

Bottom line as far as I am concerned, is we need an experienced manager who is allowed to choose his own players, his own formation, his own tactics, because the last three managers have been so similair, its hard to accept that all three of them have had the same ideas.

As far as I understand it, they are being told what style to use, what formation we play, and have no say in it, and until the club come clean and tell us why Poyet was sacked, and why Garica walked out, then I can think of no other reason, other than they where not allowed to manage the team and squad as they wanted. Why else would they been so eager to get away.

And that my friends lays the blame on one mans shoulders, Tony Bloom, and until people stop seeing him as an untouchable who can do no wrong, we aint going anywhere other than down!

This is just conspiracy theory nonsense though. Whilst I think Hyppia has done nothing to keep himself in a job, the nudge nudge ramblings that Bloom is somehow picking the squad, team and tactics completely diminishes your argument.

As for doing no wrong, who on earth has said that?

Poyet and Garcia were not experienced managers, yet that didn't stop them doing well at the helm at the club. Adams and Slade were both experienced, yet both lasted less than a season in charge when last here.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
He is the 1 who has employed these goons. He is the 1 who sanctioned the sale of our best players. He is the 1 who agreed to buy/loan the wally's he have replaced them with. He is the blame for the mess we are in, the buck stops with him. Yeh he's done great things but hes also made some crazy decisions too. He needs to grow some balls, admit his mistakes, get rid of the goons or we are certain to find ourselves playing Fleetwood in League 1. Either that or sell up. The arselickers are no doubt going to shoot me down but i really dont give a shit. Enough is Enough.

Yes it is ultimately his fault, I cannot deny that but..........

........what the f**k do you want from him? Do you just want your pound of flesh out of Tony Bloom after all he's done? Do you want him put in stocks to publicly humiliate himself - will that make you feel better? (that goes for every other selfish pr*ck on this board digging out Bloom :tosser:)

Our options are Bloom or nothing, the bloke is irreplacable so why abuse him like this? I'm sure he's hurting about all this right now, he doesn't need the fans abusing him. Bloom is the one person we should all be backing, regardless of his mistakes. We NEED him here for the long term

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here