Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom ,Good Work Sir

pintsawhiskey

Apr 17, 2010
bn1
I appreciate that but name a club that keeps hold of an unhappy player who wants out? They don't last long especially when good offers come in for them. It's all about player power. I hate it but it's the way it is. As I've put in another thread we've built a reputation as a club that lets players move on should a bigger club come in for them. Thus making us a more attractive option for players we might not normally be able to tempt.

BRIGHTON MURRAY! Put a request in years ago, still here seems happy!!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I know he has put in a request but is he really unhappy.....I mean he only signed a new contract a few months ago. This whole thing stinks of his agent being tapped up by Norwich (or elsewhere) and EB's agent has told him to put in the request. If he was truly unhappy he would have put in the request at the beginning of the window wouldn't he....on another point of whether he was happy or not, do you think he would have put in a request if Norwich hadn't shown interest?

Splitting hairs. He may not be unhappy but if he's offered mega bucks and a shot at the prem he'll be off. Hense the transfer request.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
I am just trying to get this all striaght in my head - and I can be a little dim at times. But the following is how I understand the current situation - Am I correct?

EB has put in a transfer request - As Norwich said they would like him to play for them and have no doubt made the prospect of playing there look very attractive, including a much increased Salary.

EB signed a 3 and half year contract with us only 2 months ago, so we have the final say if he can go or not? In other words its up to us if we turn down any offer that is made, or we could just make the price simply too high so noboddy buys him?

If we dont sell, EB would be wise to still play to the best of his ability for BHA, to ensure he stays on the radar of other clubs, should the time come when we agree to sell?

IF EB threw his toys out the pram and said ' you tossers, you have stopped my dream move to Norwich' and tried to score a hatrick of own goals if we played him, what could we do and how would such behaviour affect him?

This
EB will have to still keep up the preformances to keep interest.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
From what I have heard Bennett and his girlfriend (who works for the club) are very happy here and as a person he is someone who will be committed and professional if his request is turned down. I would think that this would have been factored in to any decision by TB. If a player in this situation is likely to be a disruptive influence the only option is to get rid: if he will simply get on with his job then the interests of the club should come first. Either way, we'll carry on! The one thing I really don't understand is why some people think Norwich is such a big step up. I think that in two years' time we'll be on a par.
The money is of course a major issue. We'll wait and see...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Slightly selective interpretation of the promise? My recollection is that Gus promised to let any player (or the manager) go if they are growing more quickly than the club. His main thrust is that we are all growing the club together. The management may well think that by being top of the table and six points clear with a game in hand - and the promise of Falmer, with all the revenue that represents - we are developing as quickly as EB. If that's the case, they are not reneging in my book.

100% correct... great post...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We will be on a par with Norwich next season if all goes according to plan... if it was a big Prem club I could understand Benno's request, but Norwich and Brighton are (once the Amex is ready) more or less the same size of club...

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
We will be on a par with Norwich next season if all goes according to plan... if it was a big Prem club I could understand Benno's request, but Norwich and Brighton are (once the Amex is ready) more or less the same size of club...

Why are we so sure it's Norwich that have tapped him up? Surely the timing of the request makes it sound like someone else has been talking to him?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Why are we so sure it's Norwich that have tapped him up? Surely the timing of the request makes it sound like someone else has been talking to him?

Fair point, but he is not for sale... Tony and Gus are gonna look very silly if we sell now...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here