Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom after the game today

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We have "tried" to sign a striker every January since we moved to the Amex, we have managed to sign just the one decent one I believe. No longer hold my breath, I hope what we have proves good enough

Be a bit more positive please IG...

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Why didn't you stick to the important things and ask him 'what is the world's hardest creature'?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What I dont understand, and I am sure I am not alone, but the signing of a 2nd striker has been on our to do list for so long so why do we leave it until the 11th hour. It cannot be down to the selling club only or the deal the player requires because surely their demands will not lower as the window close, if anything they will rise as they know we or any club are desperate to do the deal,.

Fair point BG... I laughed out loud when Chris recently said we will not panic buy a striker... we've been looking since the summer, so any panic is self-inflicted...

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
You'd have thought the club is a fairly easy sell for an ambitious player bearing in mind the position we're in so a little disappointed we haven't been able to bring anyone in yet

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Heard the stumbling block is the ridiculously high fees other clubs are asking for their players which is fair enough. When you see Leeds asking £15m for the likes of Wood your options quickly evaporate.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I am not saying that just dont understand why a deal can be done on 30th Jan that couldnt be done on 7th Jan. Perhaps somebody can explain or throw some light on it.

How do you know this is not the case? We did well with AK as clearly the only club that made an offer and/or Standard Liege missed a trick in not hawking him round more; other clubs may want to hang on to get best deal. Or, alternatively we are keeping options open. Could be many reasons. Personally I fall back on TB being a leading world poker player; you dont get to be that without holding your nerve, keeping options open, and playing close to your chest.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Heard the stumbling block is the ridiculously high fees other clubs are asking for their players which is fair enough. When you see Leeds asking £15m for the likes of Wood your options quickly evaporate.
Plenty of young players about. At this stage we just need a player who is keen and has potential or a hard working championship old duffer

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
How do you know this is not the case? We did well with AK as clearly the only club that made an offer and/or Standard Liege missed a trick in not hawking him round more; other clubs may want to hang on to get best deal. Or, alternatively we are keeping options open. Could be many reasons. Personally I fall back on TB being a leading world poker player; you dont get to be that without holding your nerve, keeping options open, and playing close to your chest.

The timing of Knockaerts deal would suggest to me that he had a clause in his contract that said he was allowed to speak to an English club if a certain figure was bid.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
The timing of Knockaerts deal would suggest to me that he had a clause in his contract that said he was allowed to speak to an English club if a certain figure was bid.

Could well be the case, my point was to say to BG that the nature of the transfer process will often mean last minute deals particularly in Jan; AK was exception rather than rule.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I know I sound like a scratched record but Ulloa on loan until the end of the season? He does well, his price goes up, Leicester cash in.

Agreed.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The later it gets the more I believe that Keane will be the player coming in. Might also need a GK as well dependent on Maenpaa's injury

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I know I sound like a scratched record but Ulloa on loan until the end of the season? He does well, his price goes up, Leicester cash in.
Fantastic if we could get him.

Leo, Murray, Hemed and Baldock is clearly way better than just having the latter 3.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here