Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom after the game today

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We always try to sign a striker - the problem is we don't seem to try hard enough. What is it about the club and strikers? I wish I knew. Incredibly, we only have two first team (and permanent) strikers on our books. It beggars belief really. If one or more of our strikers gets injured our season could rapidly evaporate. Come on Tony get in one or two new strikers before the window closes and get us over the finishing line without the nause of the play-offs - you know it makes sense.

Lush

Mods' Pet
C3SXFZDWcAAMqJL.jpg

I have NO inside information BTW

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Spoke to a mates friend on the way back to the station and confirmed we are actively trying to bring in a striker by the close of the window.
If it wasn't for the tenuous link via a mate's mate, I'd think you were hb&b.
a) He's not going to say anything that's confidential to some random on the train
b) It would be a bit weird if we weren't trying to get another striker
There are many shades of trying though.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I HATE seeing footballers wearing headphones / earphones all the time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What I dont understand, and I am sure I am not alone, but the signing of a 2nd striker has been on our to do list for so long so why do we leave it until the 11th hour. It cannot be down to the selling club only or the deal the player requires because surely their demands will not lower as the window close, if anything they will rise as they know we or any club are desperate to do the deal,.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
What I dont understand, and I am sure I am not alone, but the signing of a 2nd striker has been on our to do list for so long so why do we leave it until the 11th hour. It cannot be down to the selling club only or the deal the player requires because surely their demands will not lower as the window close, if anything they will rise as they know we or any club are desperate to do the deal,.

Indeed, the way this club is run from top to bottom is a complete shambles, what a mess it is in.

Bloom/Barber OUT.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I am not saying that just dont understand why a deal can be done on 30th Jan that couldnt be done on 7th Jan. Perhaps somebody can explain or throw some light on it.

Sorry BG, I do not run a football club. Similarly, I don't pick teams or squads. I leave all of that to persons better qualified than me, and are paid to do so accordingly.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I am not saying that just dont understand why a deal can be done on 30th Jan that couldnt be done on 7th Jan. Perhaps somebody can explain or throw some light on it.
The domino effect. Most clubs are doing business but they don't know their end position until the last day. Lots of deals are interdependent. Simple.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The domino effect. Most clubs are doing business but they don't know their end position until the last day. Lots of deals are interdependent. Simple.

....and agents/players holding out for the best deal. Later it is, more desperate the clubs become, prices go up......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here