Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonight's Support.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
About time we had more to talk about post match than just our away support which in London has always been superb and shouldn't surprise anyone really?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Tottenham fans after the game we spoke to on the train were impressed by our support. Although they said they heard hissing from our lot. I didn't hear anything personally.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Tottenham fans after the game we spoke to on the train were impressed by our support. Although they said they heard hissing from our lot. I didn't hear anything personally.

There is no way they heard hissing from our lot. Brighton fans don't do that.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It was SSShhh at the non existent support from Spurs. Never moan about lack of atmosphere at the Amex. WHL is so quiet apart from us of course.
I think that's exactly what it was.

The Spurs support really was quite disappointing and a bit pathetic.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Four thousand, lots of ' once-a-seasoners ' lots of youngsters ( half-term )...it was a one-off. The fans were out to enjoy themselves irrespective of the outcome.
But don't get carried away by it. It was no different from any smaller club having a tilit at the big boys. It was decent support but it wasn't anything special compared to some of the bigger BHA games over the years. Some fans get carried away by a bit of noise thinking its exceptional. It isn't.
Spurs fans were relatively quiet as there was nothing for them to get worked up about. They had nothing to beat and were largely going through the motions. Something we are not used to at present.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Some twsts amongst our fans thought it amusing to make Shhhh sound like Hssss. It was a good turnout but some stupid songs. Your support is shit, 1 nil and you still don't sing (when they were singing). We could learn from Spurs how to sing GOSBTS.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Four thousand, lots of ' once-a-seasoners ' lots of youngsters ( half-term )...it was a one-off. The fans were out to enjoy themselves irrespective of the outcome.
But don't get carried away by it. It was no different from any smaller club having a tilit at the big boys. It was decent support but it wasn't anything special compared to some of the bigger BHA games over the years. Some fans get carried away by a bit of noise thinking its exceptional. It isn't.
Spurs fans were relatively quiet as there was nothing for them to get worked up about. They had nothing to beat and were largely going through the motions. Something we are not used to at present.

In a nutshell.

Your support was very good, no argument. Support for the 'underdog' team in cup ties at a 'bigger' club usually is.
I think the best support i have seen at the Lane in recent seasons is probably Hearts while Dinamo Zagreb only bought about 400 but i have never seen anything like it - incredible fans.
As for the 'hissing/Shushing', i think it was more the latter.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Some twsts amongst our fans thought it amusing to make Shhhh sound like Hssss. It was a good turnout but some stupid songs. Your support is shit, 1 nil and you still don't sing (when they were singing). We could learn from Spurs how to sing GOSBTS.

You wouldn't be the first fans to do that 'clever' trick.

As for 'small town in Arsenal', it appears some are unaware that Arsenal refers to Woolwich - which is south London.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Small town in Arsenal was embarrassing. It was definitely shhh not hisss

I agree. A few of ours tried to get a few homophobic chants going but no-one was interested i am happy to say.
Ironic really as we have a massive LGBT flag up in the corner of the West & North stands.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Some twsts amongst our fans thought it amusing to make Shhhh sound like Hssss. It was a good turnout but some stupid songs. Your support is shit, 1 nil and you still don't sing (when they were singing). We could learn from Spurs how

to sing GOSBTS.

Total bullshit as per,but you carry on

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
I've seen and heard better at places like Carlisle, Scarborough.away,it was ok,too many once every blue moon awaytrippers, many didn't join in or look like they wanted to sing

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I've seen and heard better at places like Carlisle, Scarborough.away,it was ok,too many once every blue moon awaytrippers, many didn't join in or look like they wanted to sing

Bloody Hell...look at me, I'm a superfan! I've been to Scarborough and Carlisle away, and the support was electric! 'Too many once in a blue moon awaytrippers' - arrogant and pompous.

It was loud and impressive last night. At no point did the team give us anything to shout about, but we kept going anyway.

And if some didn't join in, or even, Heaven forbid, not look like they wanted to sing (!), well, that's their prerogative. Too many people think that there is a set of rules that have to be followed, otherwise you are a Bad Fan.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Bloody Hell...look at me, I'm a superfan! I've been to Scarborough and Carlisle away, and the support was electric! 'Too many once in a blue moon awaytrippers' - arrogant and pompous.

It was loud and impressive last night. At no point did the team give us anything to shout about, but we kept going anyway.

And if some didn't join in, or even, Heaven forbid, not look like they wanted to sing (!), well, that's their prerogative. Too many people think that there is a set of rules that have to be followed, otherwise you are a Bad Fan.
Well said

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here