Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonight's League 1 Fixtures - Tuesday 5th April 2011

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Bournemouth would do well to finish in the play offs at this rate. Still a good season for them if you think how far they have come.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Wins for Real, Saints and Posh returns me 40 quid from 10, so that's a nice consolation for Saints expected win.

Elsewhere, terrible night for bmuff - losing at Bristol rovers while orient and rochdale both winning to close right behind them. What will massively piss them off is they were bang in form, under howe, and rovers on their knees when that game was contraversially called off for a waterlogged pitch.

Shame wednesday won by so many but I'm glad they did win, as they don't need a result so badly now on Saturday.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I agree we have some spectacularly arrogant fans on here but the argument tonight is about looking at the stats and drawing logical conclusions, NOT hysterical doom-mongering

Which is why I'm confused that some people are sarcastically suggesting that people are doommongering.

And to clear up my last post - I'm fairly confident we will be champions, I don't like people assuming that everyone who isn't so confident are negative, doom-mongerers and sarcastic or over-the-top responses to posts like this are pretty tedious.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I agree we have some spectacularly arrogant fans on here but the argument tonight is about looking at the stats and drawing logical conclusions, NOT hysterical doom-mongering

i dont really think its hysterical doom-mongering either to be honest ian - that, for me, would be saying we are totally going to blow promotion and southampton are going to walk away with the title while we face another year of league one

people such as myself and sheebs are merely pointing out that if things go southamptons way, coupled with a win at withdean (not beyond the realms of possibility), then they will have closed us down to seven points. win three games we don't (draw at home to huddersfield, away to colchester and one other) and they would overtake us

unlikely, yes. but its not impossible. and i dont think its hysterical to be a little bit worried that it could

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Wins for Real, Saints and Posh returns me 40 quid from 10, so that's a nice consolation for Saints expected win.

Elsewhere, terrible night for bmuff - losing at Bristol rovers while orient and rochdale both winning to close right behind them. What will massively piss them off is they were bang in form, under howe, and rovers on their knees when that game was contraversially called off for a waterlogged pitch.

Shame wednesday won by so many but I'm glad they did win, as they don't need a result so badly now on Saturday.

Can't believe Bournemouth are now facing being knocked out of play-off spots. I know a lot, myself included, predicted they'd be out the automatic run-in, especially after Howe left, but I didn't think they'd fall so low. Worryingly for them they seem to still be in freefall, whilst Rochdale and Orient are still picking up points (although Orient seem to have gone off the boil a bit as well recently, despite win tonight).

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Just to update the "teams that can't catch us" we can't now finish any lower than Fourth. also it's a four way fight got the last two play off spots. Dons are definitely in danger of being caught by Dale and Orient

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just to update the "teams that can't catch us" we can't now finish any lower than Fourth. also it's a four way fight got the last two play off spots. Dons are definitely in danger of being caught by Dale and Orient

Not forgetting that Huddersfield and Posh have to play each other on Saturday.

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully
I'm still confident of going up as Champions, but am slightly worried now that Weds have hit form and will spoil our "unbeaten at home for a year" party we were going to have on Saturday evening...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well.that's one less - Bournemouth can't catch us now - only three teams left who can - and they're fighting over second place (hopefully!) Posh and Stains giving it a go - but they're running out of games...................fingers crossed!

Last edited:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Dont we still only need 4 wins out of 7 games to win the title? regardless of what Saint or Hudds do? They could both win the rest of their games 5-0, including the two against us, and it wouldnt matter!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The more interesting point is the harder games they have coming up and the fact we are along way ahead of them, don't panic

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I think we will have to win 8 points for the title (if we draw v saints), 5 for promotion.

Sheff Wed - 1
Dagenham - 3
Walsall - 1
Soton - 1
Colchester - 1
Huddersfield - 0
County - 3

94 points :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If you think things through Huddersfield v Peterborough means either two dropped points each or 3 to one and 0 to the other.

Means one or other that wins still has a hell of a lot of catch up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here