Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Penalty for Stanley........ohhhhhh.......yeeessss.....3-1

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
this

and here i was thinking that it was sheffield wednesday and southampton who had the arrogant fans in this division

Don't think we are being arrogant at all? Do you honestly believe we will blow up now, after all we have only won 8 out of the last 9 and drawn the other! I think we have earned the right to be a little confident!

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
I'm confident we will beat both Wednesday and the Daggers - a win and draw at worst. :shrug:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Haha, you're really touchy. Just judging it on the doom mongers/worriers that have come out tonight because of the way the results are going.

How's that being touchy?! I was asking you to back up your point. Of course everyone expected SCC to beat Charlton (who have won 1 in 12 or something like that).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
this

and here i was thinking that it was sheffield wednesday and southampton who had the arrogant fans in this division

Arrogant is bragging to all and sundry that it's already in the bag and nothing can stop us. I haven't seen much evidence of that here or at games. Confidence that we can still do well is a different kettle of fish.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
everyone saying "do you think we'll REALLY lose it now?"

well you HAVE to lead the final lap of a car race to WIN, so going by that and newtons theory of stuffience we still need to WIN matches....which we have NOT done yet, therefore we have about 7 laps to go and could EASILY blow a tire on the next lap or get punted off by Scumhampton in the final corner.

the FAT BITCH aint sung yet....we're DOOMED!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
So having lost five games all season and winning 8 of our last nine we are suddenly going to collapse at the mercy of a Southampton side who are 13 points behind us, came back from the brink at the weekend and tonight are predictably beating an out of form side.

Nope not enough to get me worried

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
We are seeing a cross section of society here not just Albion fans, it's glass half full of half empty, I am in the half full and believe we will not fail

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
And when you see it written down you realise that it is highly unlikely to happen.

highly unlikely yes - but impossible, no

for what its worth, i can see us failing to beat southampton and huddersfield at home and colchester away. the fact that southampton have two away games at play-off chasing teams coming up as their next two fixtures while we have two home games is going to be vital. if we can outscore them points wise for those two then i will almostly certainly be jumping on the "we're going to be champions" bandwagon

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Nobody has said we're going to lose the title. However some have said they're a little worried about SCC - why the NSC binfest chaps?!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Listening to the Bristol Rovers commentary....bloody hell this is nerve wracking!!!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
this

I agree we have some spectacularly arrogant fans on here but the argument tonight is about looking at the stats and drawing logical conclusions, NOT hysterical doom-mongering

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Lallana off injured for saints???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here