Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Tommy Fury vs KSI

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Fair play to them for effectively duping promoters, broadcasters and the public into buying into it all, and hats off for getting the money they both are, but is it really good for Boxing?

IMHO no, Tommy is a fledging pro whilst KSI would barely be classed even as a novice in traditional professional boxing in the UK.

My overriding hope, is that Tommy’s superior ability doesn’t end up with KSI going to hospital seriously hurt.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
I'm a fan of boxing now. I only started watching because of YouTube/influencer boxing. I'd say it's not a bad thing to get new eyes on the sport.

That being said. It should probably just stay at influencer level. Pros like Tommy Fury should stick to their own lane.
If YouTubers want to call out Fury he has every right to fight them. He’s not even close to world level and most likely never will be, so he’ll never have big money fights. Perhaps a British title is his best hope but even then at his current level he’s nowhere near Mikael Lawal at Cruser or Dan Azeez at Light-heavy. These fights are minimal risk and HUGE paydays

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
As kids we had Bruno, Benn, Watson and Eubank on terrestrial telly. That got us into boxing. My 15 year old lad is more likely to recognise Tommy over Tyson Fury.

Like it or not "YouTube" boxing is the future. When the Saudis get bored and we all pop off, no one is paying 25 quid to watch the likes of David Haye.
Eubank/Benn fights brutal, I use to like that small fella Prince Naseem Hamed cocky entertainer and as you say all fights on the tele.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Agree, that last bout was very entertaining.

Surprised there's another undercard though, what f**king time does this finish!!! Thought Dannis v Paul would be on now :facepalm:

If this one's shit I'm going to bed.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
if anyone fancies settling a bet between me and the boy - can you tell me what time the fight actually kicks off at? I would be extremely grateful.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
On a separate note I can’t help thinking that they ham up the arguments and actually they are probably all friends.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Bookies are actually putting up prices on this nonsense.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
On a separate note I can’t help thinking that they ham up the arguments and actually they are probably all friends.
I think you are right. It’s part of promoting the fight which is all about money and nothing about sport. It’d be no surprise if the bout is scripted too like wrestling.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Funny seeing KSI’s lot acting surprised Fury won it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here