Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Tommy Fury vs KSI

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Fair play to them for effectively duping promoters, broadcasters and the public into buying into it all, and hats off for getting the money they both are, but is it really good for Boxing?

IMHO no, Tommy is a fledging pro whilst KSI would barely be classed even as a novice in traditional professional boxing in the UK.

My overriding hope, is that Tommy’s superior ability doesn’t end up with KSI going to hospital seriously hurt.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fair play to them for effectively duping promoters, broadcasters and the public into buying into it all, and hats off for getting the money they both are, but is it really good for Boxing?

IMHO no, Tommy is a fledging pro whilst KSI would barely be classed even as a novice in traditional professional boxing in the UK.

My overriding hope, is that Tommy’s superior ability doesn’t end up with KSI going to hospital seriously hurt.
f*** him. Idiot does as idiot is. :shrug:

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
I'm a fan of boxing now. I only started watching because of YouTube/influencer boxing. I'd say it's not a bad thing to get new eyes on the sport.

That being said. It should probably just stay at influencer level. Pros like Tommy Fury should stick to their own lane.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don’t think anyone is under any illusions as to what this is so I don’t think they’ve duped anyone. I have noticed that people are starting to call this “YouTube boxing” and it seems to be catching on and it seems it can coexist alongside regular boxing.

To answer your question, is it good for boxing..:I’d say it’s largely irrelevant to boxing as you know it.

I would be interested to know how many regular fight fans tune in to this, and how many are fans of reality tv and YouTube.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I find it astounding that anyone would pay for this , and fights like it. But there must be a market for it. [For now at least).
Real boxing can like it or lump it or lamp it .

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I think these sorts of fights should be charity events - all money goes to charity- bit like Soccer Aid.

Or the likes of KSI get their pro licence and work their way up the ranks like any other young boxer

It’s crazy that these YouTubers earn more from boxing than a lot of professionals who are fighting at a higher level

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I think these sorts of fights should be charity events - all money goes to charity- bit like Soccer Aid.

Or the likes of KSI get their pro licence and work their way up the ranks like any other young boxer

It’s crazy that these YouTubers earn more from boxing than a lot of professionals who are fighting at a higher level
Why shouldnt ksi be allowed to make money from boxing if Tyson Fury can?
Both make their money from customers willing to pay to see them box.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
I used to hate these events but I watch them with my young son and now find them entertaining. It’s not real boxing as such but it’s a bit of fun.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I think fair play to them, if people want to pay to watch it then that’s their choice. No one is mistakenly thinking this is a world title fight.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Don't have a problem with it.

Pro boxing has left a gap for events like this because the big fights don't get made anymore and most big name fighters only seem to fight once a year.

I'll probably find a river for the two main bouts.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Everything that’s wrong with modern life. Especially DAZN, the robbing barstewards.

I’d rather give my money to Boris and Carrie.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
As kids we had Bruno, Benn, Watson and Eubank on terrestrial telly. That got us into boxing. My 15 year old lad is more likely to recognise Tommy over Tyson Fury.

Like it or not "YouTube" boxing is the future. When the Saudis get bored and we all pop off, no one is paying 25 quid to watch the likes of David Haye.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I might watch on the stick would never pay, don’t know much about boxing although from what I’ve seen Tommy Fury isn’t that good at it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here