Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Fraser on Twitter says...

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I was at the game at the New Den when Fraser made his debut in 2006. Dean Wilkins who was in temporary charge (after Mark McGhee had been sacked the day before) brought him on. He was a winger and then converted to midfield. Wilkins brought him through the youth set up.

His stand out moment was chasing Glenn Murray half the length of the pitch to have a go at him during a game when it later emerged Murray was injured. Not the best footballer, limited in ability but in fairness, gave his all.

He didn't want to leave in and ended up rejoining Micky Adams at Port Vale. I can understand his bitterness but the club made the right decision letting him go.

Oct 25, 2003
Ah, I see - I wasn't aware our club was above criticism. Given the recent happenings our club HAS looked shambolic - imagine if this had happened at Palace - oh how we'd be slating them as a second rate club. Oh dear - guess I'm in for the same treatment as Tommy now !

nope...never claimed the club was above criticism. But neither is Fraser.

I'm not going to give you 'the same treatment' because (as far as I know), you're a fan rather than a former employee. As much as he's entitled to his opinion, slagging the club off in public shows a remarkable lack of class...especially when we've positively transformed as a club since he's left.

As for your palace analogy, imagine, say, Scott Flinders slagging them off online...he'd look like a bit of a dick wouldn't he?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I spoke to Tommy Fraser after he'd helped keep Barnet up a couple of seasons ago and he was a completely miserable git in the players bar. Maybe he knew he was being released by the club after a few substitute appearances but he was the first one to leave after the game in no mood to celebrate.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
People need to consider the circumstances surrounding TF's departure before they criticize him.

I wonder how many people on here would feel grateful to a football club that they had represented since they were in Junior school releasing them after they had been an integral part of their survival (as he had only played sporadically during MA's poor first half of that season). As far as I'm aware, TF had been promised that a contract extension would be offered at the end of the season by DK. DK and Brighton and Hove Albion FC reneged on that deal. If that were me, I'd be bitter too...

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
People need to consider the circumstances surrounding TF's departure before they criticize him.

I wonder how many people on here would feel grateful to a football club that they had represented since they were in Junior school releasing them after they had been an integral part of their survival (as he had only played sporadically during MA's poor first half of that season). As far as I'm aware, TF had been promised that a contract extension would be offered at the end of the season by DK. DK and Brighton and Hove Albion FC reneged on that deal. If that were me, I'd be bitter too...

Why exactly was Dick Knight telling people they were going to get contracts - especially if he knew Tony Bloom was going to be taking the reigns at the end of that season? Surely that decision is down to the manager anyway? Yes, he played a part in a team that survived but so did Doug Loft who also ended up being released and I haven't noticed him being bitter over something that happened four years ago.

Fraser was never in a million years going to be good enough for a club that wanted to be pushing for promotion to the Championship, which was the stated aim for that following season. That is why the peak years of his career as he approaches his mid-20s have been spent in the Ryman League. If releasing him meant we could bring in the likes of Navarro, Crofts, Mark Wright and ultimately Bennett that summer then that is frankly a no brainer.

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Lad had my respect until he told us that he'd be off to Palace at a Sussex game after we released him, obviously turned out to be bullshit. Jumped up prick.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
I think you'll find he was offered the same, if not more money at Whitehawk as he was already on at Barnet. If somebody offered you a wage increase where you ended up doing less hours and afforded you a better chance of saving money/starting your own business ventures etc would you not consider it?

I'm not condoning what TF said regarding Brighton, I'm just saying if anybody has a right to feel aggrieved at the club and its procedures then he is as far as I'm concerned.

It amazes me how blinkered some people get about their football club at times.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
And I'm sure he's a lot better than you.

I don't know why football fans are so quick to judge footballers when so many fans are obese (not yourself necessarily!).
That's not a legit argument. TF has trained since a kid, and has been nurtured by a club. If we all had that, we'd be as good. In terms of football, professionally.TF is shit. He hasn't achieved anything.

If I didn't have bad knees and blind in one he, I'm sure I could be as good as him if I was given the same training.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here