Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Fraser on Twitter says...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Fecking hell, threads like this one certainly bring out the anti-club clan don't they?

Tommy Fraser, whilst making the most of his limited talents and earning a living in Australia playing football is such a bitter little twerp because he wasn't good enough for The Albion and got shipped out to Port Vale. Yes, I'd have loved to have played at that level but I never kidded myself that I was a professional fotballer in the way that Fraser seems to have done.

He's another one from our recent past who can feck off.

He was released but told if we didn't get another midfielder by August he could come back. Micky then asked him to join Port Vale when he got the job there.
He didn't kid himself that he was a professional footballer. He was. He left Barnet because he'd had enough of the professional life and wanted to play part time. So many opinions and yet, I doubt many of you have ever spoken to him.

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
He's right.

Which part is right? The part where he says this 'sums Brighton up to a tee'? Do you really think this episode sums us up as club? Or maybe the part where he says 'still the same old shambles', implying that we've always been a shambles? Do you think that's true? Granted, it is embarrassing at this moment in time but hardly a reflection of all the amazing stuff to have happened at the club in the last 3 years. I hope you can see and understand that actually Fraser was upset with Knight when he left, prompting years of bitterness on his part. Since then, his career has fallen apart drastically and he is using this to have a dig. As has been pointed out to him, we will be okay long term, but his footballing career (if you can call it that) is over. Poor Tommy is just having a hard time getting to grips with that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Which part is right? The part where he says this 'sums Brighton up to a tee'? Do you really think this episode sums us up as club? Or maybe the part where he says 'still the same old shambles', implying that we've always been a shambles? Do you think that's true? Granted, it is embarrassing at this moment in time but hardly a reflection of all the amazing stuff to have happened at the club in the last 3 years. I hope you can see and understand that actually Fraser was upset with Knight when he left, prompting years of bitterness on his part. Since then, his career has fallen apart drastically and he is using this to have a dig. As has been pointed out to him, we will be okay long term, but his footballing career (if you can call it that) is over. Poor Tommy is just having a hard time getting to grips with that.

As above, he chose to give up full time professional football.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Even by your standards, that is pathetic.

Pop down The Albion pub any lunchtime and tell the locals what you think of Tommy - we'll send the grapes to the Royal Sussex :thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Pop down The Albion pub any lunchtime and tell the locals what you think of Tommy - we'll send the grapes to the Royal Sussex :thumbsup:

Why bloody tell him, he is digging a massive hole at present

Oct 25, 2003
i have very little opinion of him either as a person or a footballer.....no more or less than any ex player

HOWEVER, if you're going to slag off your former employers when your own career has gone downhill since leaving, you're going to look like a dick.

it's what is known as 'leon knight syndrome'

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He was released but told if we didn't get another midfielder by August he could come back. Micky then asked him to join Port Vale when he got the job there.
He didn't kid himself that he was a professional footballer. He was. He left Barnet because he'd had enough of the professional life and wanted to play part time. So many opinions and yet, I doubt many of you have ever spoken to him.

The way he was strutting around at that Dagenham away game a couple of years back, giving it the big one, I don't need to have spoken to him to realise he is a knob. I also don't need to have spoken to him to know he is a very sub- standard footballer. Your idea that he quit the pro life for the happiness of part-time is simply laughable.

Oct 25, 2003
and if you're going around shooting your mouth off, then can't handle the criticism so go running to your 'connected' family members, I have absolutely no time for you.

take your criticism like a man

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
As above, he chose to give up full time professional football.

And if was still in professional football, at what level do you think he'd be playing at? He was bitter about the way he left Brighton, which is reflected by his tweet, regardless of the life style he 'chose'. My point still remains that saying we are the 'same old shambles' and this 'sums us up to a tee' is ridiculous given how far we have come as a club in the last few years. Regardless of how well you know the ins and outs of Tommy's very short stint as a pro footballer, this is quite simply a bitter outburst.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i have very little opinion of him either as a person or a footballer.....no more or less than any ex player

HOWEVER, if you're going to slag off your former employers when your own career has gone downhill since leaving, you're going to look like a dick.

it's what is known as 'leon knight syndrome'

My only issue with this post is I'd say cock, not LKS.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The way he was strutting around at that Dagenham away game a couple of years back, giving it the big one, I don't need to have spoken to him to realise he is a knob. I also don't need to have spoken to him to know he is a very sub- standard footballer. Your idea that he quit the pro life for the happiness of part-time is simply laughable.

I was at that Dagenham game. He came to watch us playing, walked along the front to his seat, not giving it the big one as you have posted. Fans started singing 'there's only one Tommy Fraser' so he grinned and waved.
I think your opinion is very harsh and untruthful.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No, he isn't, he's a top bloke and I've known him since he was eight years old. And yes he DID quit full-time football because he was fed up with the itinerant lifestyle and wanted to be in Brighton with his friends and family for a bit.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I met Tommy a few times and he seemed a decent bloke. Don't let this stop the character assassination of him though.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004

You know nothing. As per.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here