Votes: 114 60.3%
  • You get what you see with Tomer!

Votes: 47 24.9%

• Total voters

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Interesting replies, from he is not all that... and we need better to ....you don't get Messi for a million and a half. As the thread starter and only having seen Tomer in the flesh once, I am pleased with our bargain buy. In my opinion he looked very good when I saw him early in the season, tailed off but now has rediscovered his scoring touch. For me Knocky and Murphy are the key, they will supply the ammo for him to score.........more to come in my opinion and I think we have unearthed a 20 goal a season striker for peanuts. Go Tomer prove me right.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Baldock's brilliant movement and unwavering running allowed Tomer to poach and 'goal hang' a lot more. Hopefully, that partnership can be reunited soon.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I think you get what you see with Tomer Hemed and that is a good old fashioned hard working footballer. He puts a shift in for the team every game, not a natural goal creator but get him on the end of a decent cross and through ball more often than not he'll bury the chance. The 'tap-in' on saturday was a prime eample of a decent finish, stirking the ball quickly and cleanly to beat the fast advancing keeper, that could easily have been missed.

I like him, could we do better, probably, but he is who we have and is now closing in on double figures foe the season which I mare than happy with.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Interesting different views. I consider difference between us and other contenders is there central attackers are far better then what we have and this could be thing that stops us getting in top 2. Hemed not bad in air but not capable of turning or going past a centre half. Unlike some of hard games our centre half have had against Kodja Gray Austin etc I don't think opposition find Hemed a handful. Whilst aware of Zamoras limitations I consider because of his good first touch at least 3 of his goals would not of been scored by Hemed.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I've been a big critic because, put simply, he's not looked like a footballer at times this year.

But the last two games have seen a dramatic improvement in every aspect of his game and I long it to continue as I don't see Hughton dropping him any time soon.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes. Yes he was. Inevitable that there would be a 'told you so' thread such as this, after two goals
I don't think this is a 'told you so' thread. People are just hoping the best is yet to come. Although you clearly don't think he has more to offer, don't you also hope he does?

We need better.
No one is saying we'll never need another striker, of course better would be nice. He's doing a job though.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
My response applies to all of our strikers:

Yes. For all of Lua Lua and March's many, many qualities, their ability to hit a striker with a cross is invariably abysmal. It's been noticeable of late (specifically with Knockaert) that our strikers are benefiting from a winger looking up and crossing to where the striker is as opposed to where they think they'll be.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
but it starts with this little warm up thing! Granted, it does end in a salute.

Its like those secret handshakes which I guess aren't really handshakes
And they're not really secret.

Whilst aware of Zamoras limitations I consider because of his good first touch at least 3 of his goals would not of been scored by Hemed.
They wouldn't, but Zamora wouldn't have scored the header Hemed got against Brentford. Overall, I expect Zamora will take more chances, but then Zamora isn't capable of playing as many minutes or of working as hard in each game.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Yes
Will be better in season 2

I am a big fan of Hemed but I sincerely hope we don't see him in season 2.

That's probably a contradictory post but to explain. I think he is a good Championship standard striker but I really don't think he is Premiership level striker, so if we go up I wouldn't expect him to be one of the strikers next year but if we don't go up then I think YES he will be better next year in the Championship.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't think this is a 'told you so' thread. People are just hoping the best is yet to come. Although you clearly don't think he has more to offer, don't you also hope he does?

No one is saying we'll never need another striker, of course better would be nice. He's doing a job though.

I just find it a tad ridiculous when people start scurrying to re-evaluate their position on a player based purely on the fact that he's scored in two consecutive games. What about all the umpteen previous games? Has he player suddenly become less lardy or more mobile or what? Personally I don't think think he offers us very much at all, except as maybe a slight improvement on the set of complete wasters we had upfront last season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I just find it a tad ridiculous when people start scurrying to re-evaluate their position on a player based purely on the fact that he's scored in two consecutive games. What about all the umpteen previous games? Has he player suddenly become less lardy or more mobile or what?
If he's as bad as you think he is, the two goals won't change anything. Others will think that there was a period where he had less service and also that it takes time to get used to our league. Not all strikers get it all their own way all the time. Murray scored about 6 for Palace in his first season there, no one would have expected him to get 30 the next season.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I just find it a tad ridiculous when people start scurrying to re-evaluate their position on a player based purely on the fact that he's scored in two consecutive games. What about all the umpteen previous games? Has he player suddenly become less lardy or more mobile or what? Personally I don't think think he offers us very much at all, except as maybe a slight improvement on the set of complete wasters we had upfront last season.

I am certainly far from convinced with Hemed, always have been. He's a hard worker but he has flattered to deceive for quiet a long time until recently.

However I think the recent acquisition of Knockaert and Murphy's current hot streak have VASTLY improved the quality of his goal scoring opportunities. He had been feeding of scraps a lot over the last few months, and now he has the service again it'll be interesting to see if he continues finding the net.

Honestly I think a fully fit James Wilson in this team would have an absolute field day.

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
I think it’s a little unfair to judge him at the moment considering the service he’s received throughout the season has been pretty inconsistent due to injury absences. Let’s wait and see how he performs for the rest of the season now the service has picked up again before judging him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
3 goals from the last 5 games.

I'm still not convinced he's 'out of the woods' yet, but listening to the commentary his confidence seems to be well on it's way back.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
3 goals from the last 5 games.

I'm still not convinced he's 'out of the woods' yet, but listening to the commentary his confidence seems to be well on it's way back.

Supply lines are seemingly back too. (as someone was saying during his drought, can't remember who...)...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Murphy has received the ball better during the last few games and and we have added AK and as a result Tomer has received a better supply. He gets through a tremendous amount of work during a game and the goals will follow.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Such a confidence player. Couldn't control a ball about 5 weeks ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here