• No

Votes: 114 60.3%
  • You get what you see with Tomer!

Votes: 47 24.9%

• Total voters

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Yes. Yes he was. Inevitable that there would be a 'told you so' thread such as this, after two goals (one well taken, one a soft tap-in) in two games. The underlying critical analysis on the earlier thread was pretty much spot-on IMHO and will prove to be so over the longer term. We need better.

Do you need NSC to find the address to put your CV in for the next head of scouting job?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Ive said for a long time that he is still settling in, work rate tremendous and now he is getting his rewards, his hold up play is very good, his touch is very good and I think we have a 20+ goal scorer in the side.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Do you watch what you're seeing at the Amex? We need better.

Nah, I face the other way. Trying for the whole St Pauli thing but its not catching on. One day though...

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Obviously Chris rates him. He has scored two in the last two games, looks more confident, never any doubt about his work rate which might drop with other players going through a rough patch. Now he has started scoring it is time to just wait and see whether he kicks on. His first season as well.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agree. I love the term 'soft tap in' especially when many people miss them. He was in the right place, at right time and played the 'right' shot, what more could he have done.

If saint Bobby had been the one with the tap-in it would have been 'brilliant'. Not wholly convinced by Tomer yet but works his nuts off and confidence must be growing. Anything around 15 or more for the season would represent a great return for him. Can see that happening now he's getting decent service.

Oct 25, 2005
Hangleton
Really like his character and work rate. Lacks pace and isn't a born goalscorer. Will score with the right wing supply - good in the air. He's a 15 goal a season guy. Simples. (May get a couple less with it being his first season in the Champ and having a period without decent supply. He's also hit the woodwork a fair bit. Fine margins and all).

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
He seems to have a great relationship with Knockers already which is brilliant to see

Isn't it those two that have a little handshake thing going on (like we used to have at school)

More of a salute, I'd say :lolol:
Knockaert and Hemed Feb 2016.png

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes. Yes he was. Inevitable that there would be a 'told you so' thread such as this, after two goals (one well taken, one a soft tap-in) in two games. The underlying critical analysis on the earlier thread was pretty much spot-on IMHO and will prove to be so over the longer term. We need better.

We should always be looking for better - in every position. Even Kayal could be replaced if we could find better. But in the meantime, Hemed is what we've got - and I for one am quite grateful about that.
Of course, half the team will probably need to be replaced if we go up - but that's another transfer window!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
You will not get a Messi for 1.5 million (or whatever it was) Certainly better value than Manu for about the same money.

A calm finish against Bolton, and a Shearer like header against Brentford. Glad he is getting his rewards again that his hard work has deserved.

Stumpy Tim

Hemed has never been an out and out goalscorer - he's scored what he would expect to score I would think. During his recent barren spell the thing that worried me the most was that he wasn't getting any chances. At the beginning of the season he was scoring the chances he got, then he started missing the chances, and then he didn't find himself in the right places to get any chances. The good news now is that he's getting (and scoring) chances again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here