Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Tomasz Kuszczak close to return to the Premier League"

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
..... Granted, there haven't been many absolute clangers, .....
I think the 1st goal against Ipswich the other week, was a dead cert for the 'clanger' label......... but I do think we will miss him overall if he goes, despite some of his failings.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
I think a premier league team would first be looking at David Marshall if Cardiff went down . Goalkeeping standards are pretty close except a few premier league keepers , Championship , League one and two , even conference not a lot in it , it is completely different from a player where the player could be on the ball for a lot of the game . I am sure we could get a decent div 1 keeper who will do the job , and less money !

I wouldn't like to see him go but if this gives us more money for outfield player then it wouldn't be too bad.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
In that case Mello, at least half of the keepers we've seen at the Amex this season, are 'too good' for their respective clubs.

That's clearly true of Butland while he was on loan at Barnsley, but there have been plenty of other keepers who have outshone TK at home games this year.

Can't agree with that. We MASSIVELY take him for granted. Earlier in the season he made a LOT of important saves to keep us winning or drawing games. Comfortably one of the top 3 keepers in the Champ.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Federici at Reading another shout for a replacement. Very good keeper and currently warming the bench behind McCarthy.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Can't agree with that. We MASSIVELY take him for granted. Earlier in the season he made a LOT of important saves to keep us winning or drawing games. Comfortably one of the top 3 keepers in the Champ.

I didn't expect you to. It's true though.

Countless threads on here after games, where people have suggested that the opposition keeper has 'had the game of his life'. Its bollocks. They are all good keepers. You hardly ever see a real blunder at this level. You could count on one hand the soft goals other teams' keepers have let in at the Amex. (Two from Gonzalez for Barnsley, one for Forde of Millwall...)

They all make a lot of decent saves, and most can kick a ball. The things that separate them are the nuts and bolts - coming for crosses reliably, coming out when they need to, organising their defence.

The keepers in all of our last three home games have performed better than TK, despite the fact I couldn't even tell you their names.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
I didn't expect you to. It's true though.

Countless threads on here after games, where people have suggested that the opposition keeper has 'had the game of his life'. Its bollocks. They are all good keepers. You hardly ever see a real blunder at this level. You could count on one hand the soft goals other teams' keepers have let in at the Amex. (Two from Gonzalez for Barnsley, one for Forde of Millwall...)

They all make a lot of decent saves, and most can kick a ball. The things that separate them are the nuts and bolts - coming for crosses reliably, coming out when they need to, organising their defence.

The keepers in all of our last three home games have performed better than TK, despite the fact I couldn't even tell you their names.

To be honest the opposition goal keepers haven't had a great deal to do this season have they?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To be honest the opposition goal keepers haven't had a great deal to do this season have they?

But what they've needed to do, they've done.

The 'boro keeper with the Greek name, made one genuinely excellent save diving to his left, to keep out David's volley very early on. We score first, we generally win. That save went a long way to earning them 3 points.

Stumpy Tim

But had we tied him down to a contract earlier then maybe we wouldn't be fighting premier clubs for his signature.

You do realise this isn't Championship Manager yes? He said when he joined that he wanted Premier League football, and I always felt it was obvious that if we didn't go up last season or this season he was off. This shouldn't be a surprise.

We've been lucky to have him

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
If he knows he can get a contract in the prem then he is never going to sign for us - to do so would mean smashing our wage structure to bits.

Remember that Bennett and Bridcutt basically tripled their wages over night by moving to lower table prem teams, we can't justify that sort of outlay on a goalkeeper.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Had we agreed a contract three months ago he wouldn't be talking to anyone. I don't understand our reluctance to tie our players down.
So it never crossed your mind that it was Tomasz who did not want to discuss a contract. When he signed it was for 2 years, and we expected to get into the premiership in that time. That's how the club was sold to him.

I think it was pretty obvious around November/Decemember time that Tomasz wanted out. Class keeper, class bloke, but you cannot expect a premiership keeper to hang around forever if there are other options open to him.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Won't be quite as easy to replace as some suggest as he's a shotstopper to die for, but the talent will be out there and the need to cut wages so likely vast will be a necessity. He doesn't seem to enjoy his job, but knows he's ace at it and has the ambition one needs o be the ultimate professional. I hope a new sort of Koosh is found and not a comedic keeper who's in it for laughs and pleasure.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So it never crossed your mind that it was Tomasz who did not want to discuss a contract. When he signed it was for 2 years, and we expected to get into the premiership in that time. That's how the club was sold to him.

I think it was pretty obvious around November/Decemember time that Tomasz wanted out. Class keeper, class bloke, but you cannot expect a premiership keeper to hang around forever if there are other options open to him.
good points tubs

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
But what they've needed to do, they've done.

The 'boro keeper with the Greek name, made one genuinely excellent save diving to his left, to keep out David's volley very early on. We score first, we generally win. That save went a long way to earning them 3 points.

I just find it quite funny you can compare T.K to one goalkeeper making one save, Ref's: But what they've needed to do, they've done? Are you saying T. K don't

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Not to worry. Isn't Mervyn Day still at the Club? Bit long in the tooth, my favorite keeper for other teams, back when football was for the people. Could probably still do a job, plus Ruben's probably no slouch!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I think it's harsh to lay this one at the club's door - there's no evidence to say that they didn't offer him a contract 3/6 months ago and he turned it down. I wouldn't blame him for wanting to leave - is a very good keeper and this level and deserves another shot at the PL. Might well be that PIG made it clear that he wanted PL football and the club agreed to wait and see which league they were in at the end of the season.

Exactly, all those moaning should really remember they know FA what is happening behind the scenes at the club, just like those quoting/suggesting how much money he or anybody else in on.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Confident we will be able to find an adequate replacement- he's a good keeper but he's certainly not irreplaceable. Butland on loan for the season maybe with Walton as back-up?

Brezovan and Ankergren had better be well gone by August mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here