Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Tomasz Kuszczak close to return to the Premier League"

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Btw, I personally think that championship standard goalkeepers are a much of a muchness - no goalkeeper stands out in the same way that a striker who scores 20 goals a season would compared with say 10.

We will be able to get a decent enough replacement.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
All three keepers can go Ankergren too old and past his best, Brezovan just not up to the standard required, Kuszczak suspect at claiming from corners and kicking is woeful and it will free up some much needed wages.

Walton looks like a good prospect, we could put in a cheeky offer for Speroni when his contract runs out. There will be also a good number of keepers out of contract again, so nothing to worry about.

Thanks Tomasz and good luck.

Excellent call on Speroni - if we can afford him

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Off the top of my head, thinking about decent keepers with championship experience, I'd go for El Habsi of Wigan or Bolton's Bogdan.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I can see many changes to the squad in the summer, hopefully Oscar is allowed to identify some of his own targets and its not up to that Burke.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Excellent call on Speroni - if we can afford him

After a poor start, I believe he's been playing well lately, so much so that one newspaper (laughably) suggested he was eligible to play for England on residency grounds.

So no chance. I wouldn't fancy him anyway. There is better about.

I think it's harsh to lay this one at the club's door - there's no evidence to say that they didn't offer him a contract 3/6 months ago and he turned it down. I wouldn't blame him for wanting to leave - is a very good keeper and this level and deserves another shot at the PL. Might well be that PIG made it clear that he wanted PL football and the club agreed to wait and see which league they were in at the end of the season.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
This was always going to happen, I would love him to stay as he is awesome but Koosh is on very big wages and would again require a rather large signing on fee.

There will be plenty of very good keepers who will want to play for us for significantly less money in my opinion

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Thanks Tom and good luck, sorry to see you go :(

Realistically I think we will probably give Brezovan a new deal, release Ankergren*, promote Walton to third choice then sign a new 1st choice keeper. I'd be very happy with Bogdan.

*though I have a horrible feeling he will get a new contract, seems a nice bloke but not good enough for us if we're serious about the PL

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Interesting that the article says he's had a good season. Granted, there haven't been many absolute clangers, and the clean sheet record still stacks up, but I personally don't think he's been anywhere near the level he was during his first season with us. Distribution getting worse by the week, and I can think of two or three goals he's conceded that I've been disappointed with.

Doesn't write him off of course, but assuming there was a decent quality replacement available (ie not Brezovan or Ankergren), I don't think it would be the end of the world if he went elsewhere. The replacement is the big IF.

This

He's clearly a very good goalkeeper but if the belief within the club is that we can get a replacement who is a bit worse but younger, cheaper and can develop into a long term number one then it would make sense to let him go (to me anyway).

This

Kuszczak suspect at claiming from corners and kicking is woeful and it will free up some much needed wages.

There will be also a good number of keepers out of contract again, so nothing to worry about.

Thanks Tomasz and good luck.

This

stay or go i'm not bothered as I don't see him in the same light as many on here.

This

Btw, I personally think that championship standard goalkeepers are a much of a muchness

We will be able to get a decent enough replacement.

This

Thanks for the memories Tomasz. You've been an EXCELLENT Albion keeper.

Now let's sign another hopefully excellent one, and put the difference in wages towards a creative midfielder.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Distribution is poor, and a lot worse this season. I am not convinced, he is irreplacable. But we will need to work hard to do so.

Also those saying we should have tied him down, it works both ways. No guarantee he would have signed anything.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
This is where the club are failing I.M.O and have not learn't from the past.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Too good for us, and no reason he shouldn't be playing Prem compared to some of the lower Prem keepers. Cheers for the service Tom.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Too good for us.

In that case Mello, at least half of the keepers we've seen at the Amex this season, are 'too good' for their respective clubs.

That's clearly true of Butland while he was on loan at Barnsley, but there have been plenty of other keepers who have outshone TK at home games this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here