Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tomas Frank on tomorrow

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
He was well-scouted by Brighton so that they could continue the possession-based style of trying to dominate teams on the ball," the Bees head coach explained.

“And he's very aware of what he wants in terms of the build-up phase, there’s a clearly a good structure there that they work on a lot.

“So we need to be aware when handling that, hopefully with a good combination of very good, aggressive high pressure and, at times, a very good, well-structured and solid low block.

“That's on the defensive side and then, hopefully, we can also create something going forward.”

Wonder how that's going to work out for them ?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
We're going to lose this. 0-3. I can feel it. Everyone focussed on the Semi, it's all going to go wrong.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Low block and long ball forward when they win it is what I’m going for. We could spend quite a bit of time rolling the ball underfoot and passing across the back trying vainly to draw them onto us. Lots of play acting goes without saying.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We're going to lose this. 0-3. I can feel it. Everyone focussed on the Semi, it's all going to go wrong.
We won't lose 0-3.
They're only going to have one attack all game.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Yet again Brentford will prove to be an obdurate opponent, but after the Fulham travesty I expect RDZ to have planned for this. Franck hardly talking like a manager playing for the win, just lock up and hope for the best on the break.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It belongs to me?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I know Brentford get a lot of plaudits for punching above their weight but they play a very direct physical style which is not easy on the eye. They are exactly the kind of side we struggle against.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Thomas Frank is a top top manager. I'm certain he won't turn up and do a David Moyes, let's put it that way.

This has draw written all over it.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
De Zerbi and Frank are both around just like last time and tactics are likely to be quite similar as last time around as well.
Early on in De Zebra's tenure though. Lallana gives some good insight into how the squad felt during that initial period as they came to terms with Potter's departure. I agree Brentford will attempt similar tactics, I expect us to perform much better than we did at their place.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
We're a lot better at dealing with low blocks now.

We won't see a return of Potter's infamous horseshoe of death.

They'll be a test, for sure, but I think we'll walk away with the win.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
It's an interesting one, how to play against us.
I'm no tactical expert, but it seems a high press is both the worst and best way to play against us - the worst because it's exactly what we want to play around, but the best because if you do it well and force us to make mistakes, you can capitalise.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They were very lucky in that away game - we were the better side and should have won. I’d take a repeat of how it plays out - with that added bit of home form from us - the home game is where RDZ succeeds where Potter largely failed. Can see it being a draw for once though.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Our game plan is completely based on teams pressing us high up the pitch...so I hope Thomas sticks to his stated plan.
I think there is a plan B with De Zerbi. We just have not executed that particularly well yet.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Early on in De Zebra's tenure though. Lallana gives some good insight into how the squad felt during that initial period as they came to terms with Potter's departure. I agree Brentford will attempt similar tactics, I expect us to perform much better than we did at their place.
Lets hope so. Certainly needs to be a lot better than the game against Palace or this will be a loss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here