Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tomas Frank on tomorrow

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I literally don't understand what you're on about. The entire strategy of RdZ is to draw the press high up the pitch, and then to break through that rapidly, ideally through getting on the ball in the RdZ 'promised land'. And you're saying that teams playing the high press isn't Albion-friendly. Think you're on your own on that front, but happy to be proved wrong.
I'm probably wrong but I think CW might mean, if a team fully commits to pressing high while praying it's remaining defenders can hold out a misfiring Albion they're in with a chance - a theory not without merit.

Teams don't press everyone, which makes any pressing pointless, as the player 'free' controls the game.

RDZ will get found out, next season, it would be blooming entertaining if the above were to be the key.

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
Catenaccio ?
To be fair catenaccio is a very very rigid system that's gone out of use, low blocks nowadays are more flexible in defense and quick in counterattacking. I think a top team with one of Conte's, or Juve's, or Atletico's low blocks could be very hard for you compared to a top team that presses high and wants a lot of possession.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here