Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Ince worth 25M?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
zahaha is good and very few players are worth 5(five not a typo) million but he is. NOT 15M! Potential considered and all.

On that basis if he was 5, Ince would be 6-7 but guess Manure have google far more on complete rejects in the past so they were happy to gamble.

LuaLua is a good comparison as he does the same as zahaha, beat his man (1 trick not 12 though) and then waste the next ball OR do something amazeballs. Unfortunatly the first happens more often than the later

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Gus was spot on about British players who have done nothing in football commanding stupid prices. Not that I think he'd go for 25 million, but it will be some stupid price.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ince £1.5m tops

Zaha £2m tops

Both completely unproven, they have potential but that's it.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Serious question guys, I haven’t met or heard any Brighton fan that has anything positive to say about Zaha. Do you genuinely not rate him, or is it simply your hatred for Palace clouding your judgement? Or do you think he’s good but not worth a £10 million punt from Man U?

Admittedly, he didn’t play well in either game against Brighton, but has been fantastic for most of the season for both Palace and England U21. However, every Palace fan will tell you he needs to work on his end product, decision making and temperament. Man U are buying him for his potential and 10 million is nothing to them. I think SAF will get the best out of him, but may be wrong.

In a nutshell, if he was a Brighton player you’d love him. Difference is for me, I hate Brighton but I rate a lot of your players like Vicente, Buckley, Ulloa etc...I would never let the rivalry cloud my judegement, we are football fans at the end of the day and a good player is a good player...:thumbsup:

I don't think there are any brighton fans who think he's shit. The majority just think he's vastly overrated, the media circus has got carried away and wrapped up in its own hype.

He's fantastically skilful and clearly very talented, but selfish, petulant and a shameless diver. He does get targeted for rough treatment from some sides but don't feel so hard done by - every talented winger in the division gets doubled up on and kicked if they're too quick/clever for one defender, just ask tom ince or will buckley or countless others. I do personally think ince is the better player, he has better end product as is demonstrated by his superior number of goals & assists. However zaha is more 'showbiz' with his tricks and stepovers so he gains more attention.

On a separate note I think all money in football is mental nowadays - don't think zaha or ince or anyone in this division is worth more than 7/8m, 15m is a ludicrous amount to pay for a second division winger, with potential or otherwise. Being English basically doubles their value, which is a shame as big clubs will generally look to cheaper foreign alternatives and the national game suffers as a result.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ince is comfortably the more developed player as shown by end product.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Serious question guys, I haven’t met or heard any Brighton fan that has anything positive to say about Zaha. Do you genuinely not rate him, or is it simply your hatred for Palace clouding your judgement? Or do you think he’s good but not worth a £10 million punt from Man U?

Admittedly, he didn’t play well in either game against Brighton, but has been fantastic for most of the season for both Palace and England U21. However, every Palace fan will tell you he needs to work on his end product, decision making and temperament. Man U are buying him for his potential and 10 million is nothing to them. I think SAF will get the best out of him, but may be wrong.

In a nutshell, if he was a Brighton player you’d love him. Difference is for me, I hate Brighton but I rate a lot of your players like Vicente, Buckley, Ulloa etc...I would never let the rivalry cloud my judegement, we are football fans at the end of the day and a good player is a good player...:thumbsup:

I just don't rate him as highly as a lot of people seem to. Seen him a lot of times, not just versus Brighton so not casting judgement from our games. He has amazing tricks and flicks to beat players and keep the ball, no doubts there. Just don't see him doing much at the end of it i.e. decent crosses or goals scored. He may go onto to develop that at Man Utd and become a more complete player, but at the moment based on current contributions he's little more than average in my mind.

Nothing to do without it being that he plays for Palace either as I am a huge fan of Williams (not just recently either, goes back before he starred for you in the 1-3 win at the Amex last season). Think he's a far better prospect (and indeed current ability) than Zaha will ever be.

WeScored3...

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
I just don't rate him as highly as a lot of people seem to. Seen him a lot of times, not just versus Brighton so not casting judgement from our games. He has amazing tricks and flicks to beat players and keep the ball, no doubts there. Just don't see him doing much at the end of it i.e. decent crosses or goals scored. He may go onto to develop that at Man Utd and become a more complete player, but at the moment based on current contributions he's little more than average in my mind.

Nothing to do without it being that he plays for Palace either as I am a huge fan of Williams (not just recently either, goes back before he starred for you in the 1-3 win at the Amex last season). Think he's a far better prospect (and indeed current ability) than Zaha will ever be.

Agree with a lot what's been said last two posts, but I can't agree that Zaha's contribution is average. He attracts a lot of attention by defenders, hence the reason why likes of Bolasie and Murray get given more space to do a lot of damage. Zaha makes a lot of goals, and as a winger that is what you are expecting to do. His ball retention and balance in tight situations is amazing at times. Anyway, he isn't even our player anymore so maybe we should be talking about Williams

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think he's good, genuinely do, amazing dribbling but he seems to have a lack of end product and he thinks he's hard..

Heskey with a step over

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hold on, we are going off subject here.

We are debating his ability, not integrity. You can admit someon is a brilliant talent but also a cheat (Luis Suarez for example). I am willing to bet Zaha is the most fouled player in the Championship...his tricky and pace lures defenders into rash challenges, and often he's got 2-3 players all trying to surround and stop him at all costs and it gets messy. Some of these challenges are in the box, hence a penalty is given. Maybe he has made the most of some challenges in the box and maybe on that basis he can be labelled a cheat. But based on this, examples like Michael Owen are bigger cheats. On the subject of penalties, I was told that Brighton have had 3 less penalties than us this season....are all of these justified?

Media-adored Bale has far more bookings in Europe and in the PL than anyone else this season for diving, so does that make him a "cheat" too.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'd sell my son for 25 million.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Can't say I'm too fussed any more about Man utd's Zaha, he's a talented lad for sure but already believes his own hype and is a cheat, if he removes that aspect from his game he may improve and progress but I can't see him getting much game time next season at Utd. Ince is better all round and his stats back that up, Zaha is a lot of showboating with little end product, Ince scores goals and is a much better all round player, 25 mill is too much but a few mill more than Zaha IMO.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I thought he was out of contract at the end of the season ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here