Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Hark - Wrexham

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
StephenWrexhamFc said:
Laughing Bluebird you need to take a look at the stats mate. Cardiff "City" - Population 275000 or so? What's your average gate? 14000 or so? Wrexham "town" population 42000. Average gate of 4400. Thats around 10 per cent of Wrexham population. On this statistic Cardiff need to get 27500 A GAME to match our support. Typical South Walian bollocks once again. And I haven't even started on the Welsh Assembly bag of shite yet nor the fact that the nearest "Premiership" club to Cardiff is absolutely miles away. Contrast that to Wrexham and the fact we've got some massive clubs virtually on our doorstep! Who was it that said. Cardiff's about as Welsh as Gateshead.

What's this crap all about?

Have I ever claimed our support was great? Certainly not. While it pisses all over yours, it damn well should do given the size of Cardiff and its surrounding areas. As it happens, my personal opinion is that City's support is amongst the most fickle in Britain and our crowds are very often much smaller than they should be.

Here's an irony for you: a couple of weeks ago I wrote a lengthy piece for a CCFC website about Wrexham and the Racecourse, and I pointed to the fact that Wrexham's support is very respectable given the size of the town's population. I also mentioned that there was a period during the late Seventies and early Eighties when Wrexham and Cardiff were in the same division and Wrexham were actually getting the bigger crowds despite the fact that Cardiff were finishing higher in the table.

No need to give me a history lesson, gog. I was only having a laugh. Calm down, calm down!

Cardiff is about as Welsh as Gateshead? That's rich coming from a glorified Scouser! We're the capital city of Wales whether you like it or not. You're just a small town in Merseyside. Get over it.

:lolol: :salute: :lolol:

Last edited:

StephenWrexhamFc

May 24, 2004
Gwersyllt near Wrexham
Laughing Bluebird it's all a joke.

You'll be telling us your bigger than Barcelona next :)

I remember when Cardiff got 1500 in 85/86.

For a city the size of Cardiff that's a disgrace.

Your the Hull of Wales :)

As I said if you take population statistics then Wrexham

"pisses all over Cardiff".

Using this criteria which has been used before Wrexham was in the top 20 out of the 92 football league clubs it's just lazy stereotyped south walian media bullshit on me.

I've noticed many times the south walian based media making reference to Wrexham's crowds and it makes me absolutely hopping mad because they don't take everything into context.

HTV - Bag of shite.

BBC Wales - Bag of shite.

Cardiff - Underperforming.

Any by the way it was Newport County who were called

"As welsh as Gateshead". By some Welsh FA chump during the time of the exiles row.

Anyhow I've just realised I've responded to your post without reading it all so apologies.

Yours is a good post and I am only having a laugh. We haven't had much of that at Wrexham lately.

I've tried not to respond knee jerk like to some of your posts before on here as they appear quite informed.

Ultimately the fate of Wrexham Football Club is in the hands of it's supporters in the long term and not one man.

If we can survive Hamilton and prosper then there is no excuse to blame anyone else now.

We just want a chance to show what we can do and I mean WST (Wrexham Supporters Trust) to finally market the club and try to run it in a better way.

We all want better crowds but I don't think Wrexham's hierarchy in the past have had a clue how to achieve them apart from giving us the old guilt trip and crap media campaigns to

"Get behind them!"

I bet there isn't a club in the country outside of the Premiershit that would take more supporters and welcome positive and creative ways on how to capture them.

It's been suggested to block the roads and dual carriageways going out of Wrexham on a saturday :lolol:

Last edited:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
It's fantastic having Wrexham and Cardiff fans winding eachother up on here.

At least we all share one common theme, we all love our clubs !

All the best chaps !

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
StephenWrexhamFc said:
Any by the way it was Newport County who were called "As Welsh as Gateshead" by some Welsh FA chump during the time of the exiles row.

Don't mention Newport County, for God's sake. You'll set Bracknell off again....

:lolol:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
You should see Laughing Bluebird when he really gets going. There are about half a dozen Bristol City fans (who visited here before the Playoff) still traumatised by the mauling he gave them.

Wrexham have got off lightly!

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Now if we could just set croydonbloke and BR off against each other...........
NSC: Driving a wedge into any happy family.

StephenWrexhamFc

May 24, 2004
Gwersyllt near Wrexham
Cardiff and Wrexham get on okay when we aren't in the same division I think!

But when we are in the same division a bit of rivalry resumes.

I'm not foolish enough to think Cardiff in general see us as rivals as Swansea are their big fish along with Brizzle and maybe Stoke City.

But we come along and poke them in the eye now and again :)

And we've won more Welsh Cups but that's a different story.

I get on fine with Swansea as well.

I think there is a decent amount of solidarity between the 3 welsh clubs if you can use that word on a football forum.

Based on Wales games I think and the fact we are a small nation and we've consistently buggered up in international tournaments.

I genuinely wish Cardiff and Swansea well.

I was delighted when Swansea stayed up in 02/03 as I believe it would have been a hammer blow to the 3 of us collectively if they had gone down.

As it could have given credence to the calls from people for us to "f*** off into our own league!" :)

I've always found North Walian/South Walian spats to be particularly hilarious (my partner is North Walian, and can't stand the egg-chasing southerners).

As for 'go join your own league' - I only ever go into that mode when I hear Cardiff fans banging on about being proud to be Welsh, that the English FA treat them badly etc etc. Proud to be Welsh?Then join the Welsh league. Happy to enjoy the benefits of being in the English league? Then shut up about national pride.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I spent a lot of time in hospital in Cardiff in the 1980s amid loads of ex miners from the valleys. They were (without exception) a fantastic bunch of guys (massive warmth, humility and common sense). Yet they looked upon Cardiff as anglicised and quite alien. They also regarded North Wales as a foreign country. I remember one guy saying they had more in common with Gloucester than with Caernarvon.

A few years later I lived and worked in North Wales - and both my sisters married North Waleans (and still live there). They similarly regard South Wales with curiosity and distance. In some respects parts of North Wales seem to have more in common with Merseyside.

There's nowt as queer a folk (just ask a Lancastrian!)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
On the Left Wing said:

There's nowt as queer a folk (just ask a Lancastrian!)

Having lived in Yorkshire I would rather not. The war of the Roses is still being fought. :lolol:

StephenWrexhamFc

May 24, 2004
Gwersyllt near Wrexham
Me and Laughing Bluebird are pals now so unfortunately no handbags on this site!!!

Not until we beat them in the FAW bowling ball cup later on in the season :lolol:

There is a good pic of Attila in tonight's Wrexham Evening Leader with the article by Nic as well.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here