Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toddler abducted

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Nibble said:
This is, morally, a hard one. Surely any parent would be devastated (understatement) if this was to happen, so in that respect how could you not feel sorry for them. On the other hand, until full story is revealed, how could they leave a child like that?

Children. Twin babies were there as well but, whatever has happened to the 3 year old, the twins were still in the room.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
League1Champions said:
Found safe and well?

Not likely, who abducts a 3 year old child from a hotel and returns them safe and well?

More like raped and dead im afraid. :nono:

We don't know she was actually abducted yet. It's possible that the kid escaped. Just because the door was open, doesn't mean someone broke in.

Apr 29, 2007
Leeds
ginadim said:
We don't know she was actually abducted yet. It's possible that the kid escaped. Just because the door was open, doesn't mean someone broke in.

So the 3 year old ripped open a window and escaped?

They never used the door.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Lush said:
So what do you all do in the evenings when taking little kids on holiday? Sit all night in a dark hotel room watching them sleep? Take them out to restaurants etc with you and keep them up way beyond their bedtime? GENUINELY interested.

We didnt go abroad until our daughter was 8 or 9 an age we felt old enough to stay until until 10:30 ish when we went to bed.

We made do with going to caravan parks etc in this country until then.

Children change your life, some people arent mature enough to realise that and cannot cope with it

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Brighton till i die said:
im sorry mate but i have to agree with him - i'd never leave my 2 year old for 2 minutes even at home let alone holiday - the fact they had 2 bloody baby twins there also is unreal.

my kids mean everything to me and in this f***ed up world up wierdo's i dont want to take even the slightest risk of ANYTHING going tits up.

Sounds like something from a Catherine Tate sketch.

So the kids are asleep in the house - the lawn needs mowing. Do you go out the house and leave them inside by themselves, or do the lawn and pop in every 10 minutes or so ?

I am not saying they are right - my kids are 18 and 17 so it is a long time ago for me - but different people make different judgements - and most of us get away with it - because kids are not snatched from hotel rooms, or from homes. But it does happen.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
League1Champions said:
So the 3 year old ripped open a window and escaped?

They never used the door.

The report on the radio from the kid's Aunt said the door was open. So proof enough that you shouldn't believe everything the internet tells you.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Bozza said:
Children. Twin babies were there as well but, whatever has happened to the 3 year old, the twins were still in the room.

Oh, Ok - sorry, mis read the thread.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
ginadim said:
The report on the radio from the kid's Aunt said the door was open. So proof enough that you shouldn't believe everything the internet tells you.

The same Aunt has said that the window was 'jemmied' open.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Dick Knights Mumm said:
Sounds like something from a Catherine Tate sketch.

ha ha - not quite Catherine Tate - yeah i will go into the garden or the grounds of my house (makes it sound HUGE and it really isn'y, i just mean the gardens!!) and do the lawn, etc etc...but actually going out to a resturant/pub etc and leaving 3 kids under the age of 4 is pretty shitty in my eyes....

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
League1Champions said:
Found safe and well?

Not likely, who abducts a 3 year old child from a hotel and returns them safe and well?

More like raped and dead im afraid. :nono:

You, sunshine are a f***ing tool. I'd love to come across you in a pub. I'd take your f***ing skull apart.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I don't know this particular resort, but having been on one of these Mark Warner holidays, they are incredibly secure resorts. They are designed for families and the restaurant is usually a building in the middle, like they say a few hundred yards from the apartment. The vast majority of parents leave their children in the apartment in the evenings and take it in turns to check every half an hour or so.

I can understand why, on a precious holiday as a stressed out parent, the chance of having a grown-up meal without having to deal with an over-tired toddler being kept up way beyond their bedtime is so attractive. I'm sure they were checking far more often than you might check a child upstairs in your own house, even if you've got the telly/music on loud downstairs.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Brighton till i die said:
HMMMM, now this is f***ing StRaNgE...i was DEFFO there, but didnt see you or Roug...are you SURE it was the crawley county mall you went to????:)

Yes I was there at around 1.30 in Boots

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
tedebear said:
We tend to go on holiday in our campervan, we sit in the awning whilst Arthur gets full run of the van to sleep...:lol: We've not booked a holiday where that situation would arise, simply because at the moment it wouldn't work for us. But I can't see us doing it any differently in future as most of our holidays are racing in the camper. Having said that if we did, I'd probably go somewhere where there was a babysitting service, or share babysitting duties with friends.

Well we used to go the New Forest three or four times a year with friends with kids of simlar ages. When the kids were younger we used to keep a close eye on them - over the years though - they got the run the immediate area, then the site, then pretty much the forest. Bad parenting or good parenting allowing them freedom to explore ?

We all make these judgements all the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here