Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toddler abducted

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Dick Knights Mumm said:
Well I am sure most parents make calls about leaving kids on their own that could have resulted in something horrible happening. Most of us just get away with it. Don't be too quick to judgement.

I have two kids. I have NEVER left them unattended. Not for 2 minutes in their own home, let alone 30 in a holiday apartment.

Not once. Ever.

So, on this particular instance I will judge them. They are responsible for their children's safety. I pray the little girl is found safe and well, and that they don't have to live with the guilt they must be feeling, for the rest of their lives.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
hans kraay fan club said:
I have two kids. I have NEVER left them unattended. Not for 2 minutes in their own home, let alone 30 in a holiday apartment.

Not once. Ever.

So, on this particular instance I will judge them. They are responsible for their children's safety. I pray the little girl is found safe and well, and that they don't have to live with the guilt they must be feeling, for the rest of their lives.

Spot on there Hans old boy.

Same here. How quickly people forget James Bulger....

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Rougvie said:
Nothing surprises me these days, at lunchtime I was walking through County Mall in Crawley and saw a young mother screaming at her toddler 'you f***ing silly c u nt' because he wouldnt get out of his buggy and walk up an esculator.

Yes but more to the point was she FIT?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I can't begin to understand what that family is going through. The mother must be beside herself with guilt. There are holiday resorts where children are checked on at regular intervals, not sure if this was one of those.

Having said that - I couldn't do what they did. I have enough trouble leaving Arthur napping in the campervan when we're out racing, just to dash across the paddock and go to the loo. I always wait til Zef gets back and then I go, at times I've nearly wet my pants - but Arthurs more important than my embarrassment....

Also we went away racing before we bought the camper and had to stay in a hotel. Arthur goes to bed at 7:30pm as always and we went downstairs to the restaurant for some dinner. HOWEVER - I had Arthurs digital baby monitor with us, sat at the dinner table listening to every breath. I even excused myself about 4 times to go up and check on him, even if nothing was untoward on the monitor. I can't leave my son, EVER.

I don't give a flying f*** if Zef gets mad with me for not being able to let go, and sometimes I'm a bit over the top, like when I'm filling the car up with petrol, I take Arthur in with me to pay, and won't leave him in the car, but I don't care what anyone thinks.

He's my responsibility, and mine alone. ( and Zef's but he's not here now :lol: )

Lush

Mods' Pet
So what do you all do in the evenings when taking little kids on holiday? Sit all night in a dark hotel room watching them sleep? Take them out to restaurants etc with you and keep them up way beyond their bedtime? GENUINELY interested.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
hans kraay fan club said:

Not once. Ever.

well done you.

Apr 29, 2007
Leeds
Lush said:
So what do you all do in the evenings when taking little kids on holiday? Sit all night in a dark hotel room watching them sleep? Take them out to restaurants etc with you and keep them up way beyond their bedtime? GENUINELY interested.

Sensible people dont take 3 year olds on holidays to Portugal when they want to go out and get wasted, they leave them with family.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Yes but more to the point was she FIT?

Actually I could tell that if she hadnt decided to go down to the PARK with the BLACK boys on her thirteenth birthday then in another life things may have worked out differently for her.

:jester:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Lush said:

take them with you to the restaurant, after all you are on holiday with them aswell !

Lush

Mods' Pet
Would you insist on driving your kids to school even when they're old enough to walk on their own, JUST IN CASE something happens? After all it's more common for older kids to get abducted like that, than for a younger kid to get stolen from a hotel room.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Lush said:

If its one night away, then its like you describe above - the kids stay up a bit too late, while you eat, then you get an early night in a hotel bedroom [which can have its compensations].

If its a longer break, then we personally tend to go in a group with another couple and share the baby-sitting duties.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Dick Knights Mumm said:
well done you.

im sorry mate but i have to agree with him - i'd never leave my 2 year old for 2 minutes even at home let alone holiday - the fact they had 2 bloody baby twins there also is unreal.

my kids mean everything to me and in this f***ed up world up wierdo's i dont want to take even the slightest risk of ANYTHING going tits up.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
This is, morally, a hard one. Surely any parent would be devastated (understatement) if this was to happen, so in that respect how could you not feel sorry for them. On the other hand, until full story is revealed, how could they leave a child like that?

It will throw up many debates because when first reading this thread I assumed they were a couple of chavvy parents f***ing their kids off for a beer but obviously not the case.

Hopefully that can be discussed once the child is found safe and well.

Lush

Mods' Pet
The Wookiee said:
take them with you to the restaurant, after all you are on holiday with them aswell !

So you go back to the hotel room at say 8pm bedtime when they're getting tired and grumpy and stay in a dark room the rest of the evening? Or keep them out with you until 10 or 11pm when they're besides themselves with tiredness?

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Lush said:

i've taken my little girl on holiday 3 times to spain, every night she either stays in with other family members, or when its just been my and my misses, she comes with us, falls alseep in her buggy and we carry on the meal.

OR, just get some grub and bring it home to eat on the balcony/porch by the pool etc.

i believe if u have kids you f***ing look after them and the parents come a LONG distant second.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Lush said:

We tend to go on holiday in our campervan, we sit in the awning whilst Arthur gets full run of the van to sleep...:lol: We've not booked a holiday where that situation would arise, simply because at the moment it wouldn't work for us. But I can't see us doing it any differently in future as most of our holidays are racing in the camper. Having said that if we did, I'd probably go somewhere where there was a babysitting service, or share babysitting duties with friends.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Lush said:
Would you insist on driving your kids to school even when they're old enough to walk on their own, JUST IN CASE something happens? After all it's more common for older kids to get abducted like that, than for a younger kid to get stolen from a hotel room.

My kids walk to school, with my wife, as they are only 8 and 6. When the oldest moves up to secondary school in 3 years he will have to walk on his own, out of NECCESSITY. We will prepare him as best we can by teaching him about road-sense and 'stranger-danger' as we already do.

Comparing that to needlessly abdicating your responsibilties to have a drink with mates is stupid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here