Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Todays Result

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Whats the matter with you bloody defeatist ? I'd be more worried if I supported Liverpool, Norwich, or QPR. One game in which we played well, but lost by a late goal. It's the 1st game of the season ffs, lay off Craig, there are 9 other outfield players on that pitch who are just as responsible for the result. Its not a one man game.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Whats the matter with you bloody defeatist ? I'd be more worried if I supported Liverpool, Norwich, or QPR. One game in which we played well, but lost by a late goal. It's the 1st game of the season ffs, lay off Craig, there are 9 other outfield players on that pitch who are just as responsible for the result. Its not a one man game.

Well said.

Dec 29, 2011
Remember, most people posting on here didn't watch the game so i'm going to wait for people to report back to make a better judgement.

D

Deleted member 22389

Remember, most people posting on here didn't watch the game so i'm going to wait for people to report back to make a better judgement.

That's right. But by all accounts we played really well today, I think that's important. We have a better team than last year, we just need to find that special goal scorer. I'm still very confident about this season.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
We were very very unlucky today, created plenty of chances and CMS on another day could have had a hat-trick... Can't say we didn't play to his strengths today, as he saw a lot of the ball 2nd Half.

Bridcutt was outstanding, Bridge very good and we just got done by a sucker punch - very encouraged by what I saw - just need that striker and we will be fine.

Dec 29, 2011
We were very very unlucky today, created plenty of chances and CMS on another day could have had a hat-trick... Can't say we didn't play to his strengths today, as he saw a lot of the ball 2nd Half.

Bridcutt was outstanding, Bridge very good and we just got done by a sucker punch - very encouraged by what I saw - just need that striker and we will be fine.

Good striker = promotion, do you think?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Not won for last 10 away games and scored four goals in process. Ten competitive games without a win. Sounds as if we were unlucky today but the lack of goals is a worry.

Yes, keep the faith because we showed last season that it can all turn very quickly, but the stats don't lie.

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
Hull away was always going to be a tight and tricky game whether it was the 1st game of the season or the 21st. Being the first game just makes it feel a bit worse than if we'd already got some points on the board.

Momentum is key but it's not as if we were going to finish the season unbeaten so what's the problem? Played alright, didn't get a result, move on...

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Good striker = promotion, do you think?

On the evidence of today, with Vicente and Buckley to come in, I would say a very good striker will fire us to the playoffs.

I'm not willing to write CMS off yet on todays performance, he did everything but score (which I know is what he is paid to do, but it really didn't happen for him)

That 2nd Half was the best I have seen us play away in a very very long time. We will play worse and win games.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I am very encouraged by today's performance. We created enough chances to have and should have won the game...If and I know if is a very big word, but if we missed out on promotion by 3 points at the end of the season, you could look back to today's game and say with all honesty, the lack of a top class championship striker has cost us, £75million pounds or whatever it is for getting to the prem. That's why striker's cost the money, because they win you games and without one, we could have many more frustrating days like today ahead of us.

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
4 shots on target & no goals yet scored in 2 matches. Very worrying. Hmm, how many will we hit Cardiff for?

Aug 23, 2011

perhaps missing pre-season hasn't helped CMS but the fact we're creating more chances than last season is very promising and a goal or two will change everything, then i think he will score regularly, he just needs that first one

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010

Elphick went MISSING again and el Abd would be at fault for not shooting from 50 yards when he had a chance, etc.
The knives would be out whenever in the season, so it's never a surprise.

Seagulls!

what?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here